Fight Night Round 4 (PS3/360)

I got this yesterday and had a crazy fight.

I need to learn how to box :PP

I went a bit crazy and got knocked out in the 9th round due to me running out of stamina.

But I saw that I one 7 out of the last 8 rounds. I got some good combos in. I just need to learn to calm down! I was testing out my ducking and diving :))

I will have more goes over the weekend and hopefully improve.

I had great fun though :DD

"We strongly believe that the refined Total Punch Control is the most intuitive way to throw punches in Fight Night Round 4"

Except I find myself throwing punches to the body and head without meaning to. I thought L1 and a punch was a body blow but I keep throwing all kinds of shit at their heads.

That's what's does my nut in about this game

Combo training is a farce because of it

That's what's does my nut in about this game

You can do body blows and head shots with/ without L1, depends on the position of the Right stick. I have only had two fights and it is a struggle - but I will get used to it.

For sure, I cant count the amount of times I've gone to do a 6/7 in combo training and ended up with an uppercut, just because I released the stick after pressing left or right quickly before trying to do the follow up jab or straight of a combo.

Terrible. :R1

I thought i'd get used to the analog stick for punching, but even after playing the demo a lot more I still throw punches I don't want to.

It's not like the punches follow a path you make with the stick anyway, you put in a command and it does a canned animation, it may as well just use face buttons.

I had another fight last night, really enjoyable, but pissed me off!!

I was Ricky Hatton (I have forgotton who I was fighting) and I felt I was in control the whole fight. I even knocked the guy down in the 5th aswell.

The final bell goes and the other guy won! :SHOCK: and he won 7 out of the 10 rounds aswell??!!!

I couldn't believe it!

I think i need to change my slider settings, because my punches don't seem to have as much effect as my opponents.

I will go and have a gander after work and see.

Did a quick fight and won, then started a legacy with Hatton with me winning the amateur tournament there. Besides getting stunned a few times i never really looked like losing which is funny as i just randomly ducked and blocked hoping to get lucky and throwing random punches. Good game tho and a fair bit of depth it seems.

Double uppercut. nice.

I had an amazing battle against The Grill Master himself George foreman. I think we went 8 or 9 rounds before I won by knockout and by that point either of us could have won it.

It ended up qualifying as an ESPN all time classic with a greatness of something like 599. It would have been nice to have had some highlights saved with them to view rather than just a page of stats though.

Double uppercut. nice.

I had an amazing battle against The Grill Master himself George foreman. I think we went 8 or 9 rounds before I won by knockout and by that point either of us could have won it.

It ended up qualifying as an ESPN all time classic with a greatness of something like 599. It would have been nice to have had some highlights saved with them to view rather than just a page of stats though.
As soon as I slowed and started picking my punches, I have been getting knockdowns. The game is well down, it just a shame with the face button massive.

I have only had 6/7 matches and I can release a left hook + uppercut whenever I want to.

The only issue I have is how those he get back up
http://beta.easports.com/media/play/video/7054044

How did you get multiple camera angles? I tried setting a couple of waypoints and editing the cameras in them but then when i saved it and uploaded it only did the first marker section.

How did you get multiple camera angles? I tried setting a couple of waypoints and editing the cameras in them but then when i saved it and uploaded it only did the first marker section.
You need to set multiple markers, then set the camera for each segment

I had a quality knockout earlier, was doing my Legacy career mode and fighting one of the no names on my way up the ladder.
Second round and I managed to counter him with a left hook and then knocked him down with the follow up flurry. Funniest part was he fell just beside the ropes and was getting back up by the count of 4, but for the fact his body was slightly under the ropes so as he started getting up the ropes were holding him down. Won the fight on a countout. :LOL:

Fuuny when it happened, but if it can happen to the AI I bet it can happen to us as well, I would not be impressed! :P

I just keep blocking and trying to do that block where it leaves them open for a counter. If that fails to work I back off and then give them a few punches in the stomach as they move towards me. OR... I push them away with square and then double tap forward to step forwards quick and give them a punch in the face.

I just keep blocking and trying to do that block where it leaves them open for a counter. If that fails to work I back off and then give them a few punches in the stomach as they move towards me. OR... I push them away with square and then double tap forward to step forwards quick and give them a punch in the face.
Clinch Clinch Clinch lol

I'm loving it - just started a legacy game with me Bobby 'The Blade' Cabe

my record is 8-2-0

Just won a rematch of one of the guys that kicked my arse previously. Great!!

Having a lot of fun with this :DD

I just got knockdown for the first time, scary feeling had to get back up quick. came back and won by KO.

ESPN CLASSIC FIGHT!

Pink Panther isn't having it

Legacy mode is fun

Last edited:
Fighting as Hatton is pretty hard when you climb up the ranks as his reach is poo :(

Definately getting into it more and more and it's easily the best of the Fight Nights/boxing games I've played.

Back
Top Bottom