Fight Night Round 4 (PS3/360)

I've said it before (maybe not on this forum?) but the scoring is a joke in this!
Just lost every single round against somebody. No way was that the case. Totally outboxed the guy in quite a few rounds!!
I'm not saying I won the fight but losing every round!!! Seriously needs looking at.

That's sometimes how boxing is.You know your winning but the judges score it totally different.Sometimes your punches don't score.A few times it seems the judges are giving out homer's i guess you'll have to try and KO them.

I've said it before (maybe not on this forum?) but the scoring is a joke in this!
Just lost every single round against somebody. No way was that the case. Totally outboxed the guy in quite a few rounds!!
I'm not saying I won the fight but losing every round!!! Seriously needs looking at.

That was happening to me until I changed the slider settings. Now my games are tough but they seem to be scored better.

On the original sliders, I was finding that my hits were not counting or as hard as my opponents (Or so it seemed) so I felt like I was winning, but was losing on points.

So I upped the power slider and made it more than the toughness bar. I changed a couple of others but can't remember now. But it seemed to have worked. I basically lose when I am outboxed....which is quite often at the moment :DD

That was happening to me until I changed the slider settings. Now my games are tough but they seem to be scored better.

On the original sliders, I was finding that my hits were not counting or as hard as my opponents (Or so it seemed) so I felt like I was winning, but was losing on points.

So I upped the power slider and made it more than the toughness bar. I changed a couple of others but can't remember now. But it seemed to have worked. I basically lose when I am outboxed....which is quite often at the moment :DD

I'm talking about online buddy. Or am I being silly and it affects online too??? I wouldn't have thought so.

Hit a wall now where I can't beat anyone above me as their stats are miles better than mine and I'm rubbish at training so it's turned into rubbish plodding along having to fight people below me just so I can train.

How do the Boxers get rated as in their stat? I'm presuming theirs plenty of 99's out their? or is Mayweathers and Khans stats accurate?

How do the Boxers get rated as in their stat? I'm presuming theirs plenty of 99's out their? or is Mayweathers and Khans stats accurate?
The game adjust the stats

I just created Fabregas, am watching a fight between him and Ronaldo lol

http://beta.easports.com/media/play/video/7123569

This was in my legacy game. I have shit stats at the moment - this guy is a brute and was smashing me up because of his superior punch power and then I did this......NO MERCY!!!!

I won the actual fight on decision after holding on for the last 3 rounds! it was a great fight and went on the ESPN legend thing. I have quite a few matches on there now and it is disapointing you cant save highlights from them or better statistics.

I have got to a point like dags though, I have to fight guys a couple of ranking behind me to build up a few points as the ones in front of me are just too tough at the moment.

but I am still enjoying it :DD

I was resting the other arm to unleash fury at another time :ROLL: ;))

EDIT: just watched it back again, I unleashed the fury in the initial uppercut that stunned him with my left arm, then the jackhammer right arm did the rest. boom boom boom boom boom boom boom boom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So don't call me one arm Bob :PP

Last edited:
I'm retiring my Amir Khan now, his swelling stat is down to 43 and it makes it too difficult to fight now, so retires at age 29 with a record of 38-5, former world lightweight champion with two belts.

Next time around I'll definitely pay more attention to head blocking and also repairing damage, early on in my career I only bothered about stamina/health between rounds, but it catches up with you after too many wars :)

LOL

I challenged Anthony Mundine, got knockdown twice but I still won by decision because I won every other round other than the 2 I got knocked down in.

Sweet victory

Anyone know why I can't move to Contender level? I've fulfilled all of the criteria apart from winning an ESPN Friday Night Fight even though I've won loads of those?

I moved up to Contender a good while ago and I'm still only ranked 18th, I think you have to be challenged by someone and choose the Friday Fight night option there so it's a PPV rather than a random Friday Night you chose, but I could be wrong, I just remember I had that ticked and the only thing holding me back from moving up was that I hadn't actually fought enough bouts.

Has anyone else been challenged by the Champion when low enough in the ranks? I was challenged by the champ in my game a few fights ago, I was only ranked 19th and he challenged me saying that the people wanted to see an underdog go up against him. I lasted until the fifth round before he put me down, I was matching him in the boxing stakes but his punches were just too strong, my overall was 72 and his was 94... It was somehow put up for "upset of the year" in the awards listings as well, haha. Not sure what that is about. :D

So in my first career with Amir Khan I think 90% of licensed fighters had all retired before I got anywhere near the top 10, I think I met maybe one of them if any, so for my new career (myself created at middleweight) I have the great idea to move all the licensed fighters to the bottom of the rankings, so I get to meet them early on, and guess what happens, they start in 47th place with an overall of 98 or whatever, absolutely ridiculous, I'm now going to have to bide my time in the lower levels until the 7 or 8 licensed boxers move up the ranks to clear a patch for me, why don't they start off at a similar level to me? Grrr.

I'm ranked 25th or something, but like I say, all the boxes are ticked apart from winning a Friday fight which I've done. I'll keep ploughing away and see if I get a challenger.

Saying that, I think I screwed my career up anyway. I was simulating through my training and I thought it was doing my auto-train for me, doesn't look like it was :( So I've still got a rating of 65 or something after 15 fights or so.

Yeah I usually auto train as I am shit at training. At least you are gauranteed 50% of the points :DD

I do the sparring myself as that is easy.

You have to actually go to the training, choose the one you want to do, then decide to auto-train or play the training yourself........

Yep, I've figured that out now ... 15 fights into my career :LOL: :FAIL:

Back
Top Bottom