Fight Night Round 4 (PS3/360)

Yeah I usually auto train as I am shit at training. At least you are gauranteed 50% of the points :DD

I do the sparring myself as that is easy.

Completely unbalanced isn't it? Sparring is so easy, start it, do repeated headbutts until the other guy is hurt, then put him down, instant 5,000 (headbutts lose you points but not below 0, and you start on 0).

how many training sessions should you do between fights?

I have been doing 2. but Im not sure how many fights to aim for a year?

I only ever do 1 session otherwise it feels like a massive gap between fights.

I started doing 2 and autotraining as I figured that would be better than manually doing 1 session and not getting 100%.

Completely unbalanced isn't it? Sparring is so easy, start it, do repeated headbutts until the other guy is hurt, then put him down, instant 5,000 (headbutts lose you points but not below 0, and you start on 0).

I never even used the headbutt! I pressed the button once accidently while playing and never again!

Just played someone called UnbilledJoker in a ranked match, him as Sugar Ray Leaonard and me as my created self, close match I won by 9th round knockout, really good to meet someone who tries to box properly, no spamming, no glitching, no headbutts and such :)

I never even used the headbutt! I pressed the button once accidently while playing and never again!

Well for sparring training it's a good way to get an easy 5,000 at the start, I do use it occasionally in Legacy fights when I'm struggling to break the opponent's guard, I have ref foul awareness at 10 though so I can only do 1 before losing a point, risk reward and all that ;)

My legacy mode is fcuked. I am number 1 contender with miguel cotto but 2 of the champions are joshua clottey and felix trinidad (2 downloaded fighters). Anyway the game must not like these downloads as now whenever I try to schedule a fight the game freezes as it see's these two fighters on the list. I thought it was my game but took the first one back and got a new one and still the same thing. It BS as I really dont wanna start again.

Don't use the import fighters option.Then you get the cpu players and not the downloaded players.Am i correct in thinking this?

Yes, import is if you want to put in some downloaded fighters, you can also use it to remove certain legends you don't want to see in career mode or adjust their initial positions.

But the way legacy is glitched by using created fighters I decided not to include any in my second legacy, shame though as they can be a lot of fun (in my Amir Khan legacy I won my first world title by beating Breidis Prescott) :)

Coming to the end of my legacy career now.

All I need is the 3rd Light Heavyweight belt (won 3 belts in middleweight and moved up) and a couple more defendings (If thats a word) of my titles and reach a winning proportion of 90% (On 88% or 89% at the moment) over my career and then I will be the greatest ever!

But I am quite worried as I am about 32 I think and my swelling/cuts are getting to me big time. So I literally have about 4 fights left in me (a guess) to get the things above! hopefully I can do it :DD

I will let you know :))

So in my first career with Amir Khan I think 90% of licensed fighters had all retired before I got anywhere near the top 10, I think I met maybe one of them if any, so for my new career (myself created at middleweight) I have the great idea to move all the licensed fighters to the bottom of the rankings, so I get to meet them early on, and guess what happens, they start in 47th place with an overall of 98 or whatever, absolutely ridiculous, I'm now going to have to bide my time in the lower levels until the 7 or 8 licensed boxers move up the ranks to clear a patch for me, why don't they start off at a similar level to me? Grrr.

The other annoying thing about this, is that when you do sparring training (the one training game that's actually well implemented) you get random opponents around your rank, so sometimes I'm getting Ray Robinson with an overall of 98 and I have to spar against him, hardly fair when my overall is currently 64!

Viewing the records of AI fighters it's clear not much effort has been put into realistic fight results either, some of the legends at the bottom of the rankings with overalls of 85-95 are losing in one round KOs to opponents with overalls of 61 and such, plus there are far too many draws, they're really rare in boxing when taken into context of the 1,000s of bouts a year, yet in FNR4 every AI fighter will have something like 10 draws in a 30 fight career.

YEE HAA! I did it.

Bobby 'The Blade' Cabe retired age 34

Greatest of all time :DD

52(48)-6-0

On Pro Difficulty.

I got some Ali robes and gloves and shit.

Started off in Middleweight and then onto light heavyweight. I knocked out Calzaghe in two seperate bouts, that was good fun.

need to play on a higher level as once I got my punch power up and stamina, I could pulverise most. My boxer only got up to an overall of 79 overall maximum aswell.

It was really good fun.

Last edited:
Just started a new career as Amir Khan, very different style of fighting to Hatton who I was previously :)

YEE HAA! I did it.

Bobby 'The Blade' Cabe retired age 34

Greatest of all time :DD

52(48)-6-0

On Pro Difficulty.

Nice one.

I didnt realise the difficulty level was taken into account during legacy mode. I thought it would go up through the levels as you got better.

Might explain why I am struggling up the ranks as I have set mine to champion. Tempted to put it back down now.

I am something like 7(6)-5-2. Not really a good start :(

Played Pepper63 last night and it went the full 10 rounds.

Close match, my stamina made the difference in the end I think. Managed to dodge his faster hand speed.

So much better than playing the random xbox live matches.

I played On Champion last night - first I played Pro Me as Mike Tyson vs computer Joe Frazier - I knocked him out in the 4 round.

Then I put it up to champion and had a rematch - I beat him in the 5th round with knockout. It doesn't seem that much harder when using the big guys.

I will start a legacy on champion though - I am sure with shit stats it will make a huge difference! I might do one with a lightweight :DD

yeah I chose lightweight, but my boxer is a created one and is the max weight and 6 foot. I was hoping if I done that I would move up a weight better.

Still loving playing legacy mode.

You are correct, I dont think there is much difference between pro and champion really.

Would like to put my ugly mug in the game via webcam for the PS3 version. I already tested the xbox live vision camera to no success. Am I doing something wrong? Or is it not compatible?

Thanks in advance.

I've traded my PS3 version in as the 360 bundle I bought (mainly for the kids) had this included. No point having on both consoles.

If anybody fancies adding me my tag is PU6HY (number six, not a G).

Back
Top Bottom