Football Manager 2009

Well I haven't updated in awhile. I finished the 2017/2018 season in 2nd 3 points behind Arsenal. I have the Players Player of the year and the top goalscorer. Only brought in one first team transfer over the summer break. Still make look for another during the winter window. I am currently 2nd 1 point behind Man City in middle of November. I am first in my CL group and have qualified for the next round. So I am still moving along. I really need a new stadium and some good feeder clubs (IE. US, China, or Japan).

Damn, never thought that starting a game without the ability to buy the players i want was this hard...
As i said previously i started a new challenge with Juve, i started with no money and, either i am bad at this game or the AI is being a complete b***h to me, im only with like 5/6 games done and i already conceded more then i've scored and with that i lost games where i should have won clearly example? Twente 3-1 Juventus, Napoli 3-0 Juventus (not a easy game, but come on! 3 goals?) and to add to these magnificent results, some players "Lost Faith in my Managerial skills" and don't believe in me...Hurray for my Luck in this FM!
Just a question, is it just me or is this FM unrealistic hard? Because ive done quite well in the past 08 (Won virtually everything with Benfica with 08) but in this one its hard as hell just to keep a player from not being injured or staying with the same formation for like 2/3 games...
Hope better days come, until then i will keep doing my thing.

What past experience are you setting when you start a new game?

If you choose the lowest and go for a big club like Juve, it will be much harder to get the players to respect you than if you choose 'International Footballer', likewise if you choose a minnow, then Sunday League as past experience is fine.

I started from scratch and that made things really complicated for me. I have no reputation and it took some time until my players started to listen to what i told them. But now after those terrible months when they didn't care about what i told them to do and we were 9th and losing games in the CL with Twente and Werder Bremen, which cost us our CL group, they are like a brand new team with the potential that i now they have, even if the squad as some weak links that i want to eliminate after this January transfer market and with the money that Juve got from their stable finances im hoping to buy Palombo (over Tiago), Vagner Love (for when i don't have Del Piero) and Im gonna try Zapata (for Legrottaglie, that is injured for 4 weeks) with all this i hope i can make the 1st or at least the 2nd and go to the Quarter-Finals of the Europa.

Not easy when you don't have the players that you wished for.

I am a novice manager, and I request to you. Let someone who can be download at the beginning and give some good training methods. Thanks in advance.

Hope in FM 2010 they will have option to allow for money upfront in negotiations get really annoyed when trying to sell player and teams offer £6 mill over 24 months or £13 mill etc.

I hope they have a bigger range of questions before and after games.

I recently conceded two late goals and drew 3-3 away at Liverpool, I was fuming at FT and I wanted to let rip in the press conference after but the press asked questions that didn't allow me to vent my frustration.

That reminds me, is it possible to complain about refs in this game? I think you could do that in a previous CM game.

I always get my assistant to do the media bit because it's so repetitive and boring and like you say they never ask you relevant questions.

It'd be good if there was something where you could type what you wanted to say rather than choose from 4 options and tell the game whether it was a positive or negative comment on a scale of say 1-10 so that it could process the reaction afterwards.

I called the wolves manager a bastard peado, the press replied with "Joe Branyik lets rip with foul language" (something like that). So the game does recognise some words etc

Well that's realistic, most clubs cant afford to pay the full price upfront. Most transfers IRL are done in stages, especially with young player where there are a lot of performance related bonuses.

If the club you are selling to has enough cash upfront and 'needs' your player they will be more likely to pay upfront for him.

Its shit when you try to do that though as you need all the money anyway for it to go through

I've noticed that too, in previous games (possibly CM) it wasn't like that.

In FM,even when you pay say 70% of the fee upfront and the rest over 6/12 months, all the money still disappears from your funds at the same time.

In the EPL I think there is a rule that says that the whole transfer fee must be paid in full within 18 months. It should be reflected in the game too.

Well that's realistic, most clubs cant afford to pay the full price upfront. Most transfers IRL are done in stages, especially with young player where there are a lot of performance related bonuses.

If the club you are selling to has enough cash upfront and 'needs' your player they will be more likely to pay upfront for him.

I know but effictively in real life you would have option to say i wish to have cash upfront which cant in game.

What im saying is like when you offer player to clubs you can put an option in for cash up front only. :)

Tylerbode's Eagle and Piranha tactics are pretty good.

I tried that with West Ham and it sucked. I only played about 5 games though, but the performances were so poor I gave up.

I hear people talk about a number of how good a players current ability is and how good they can become, for example say "180" for current ability and say "200" for potential ability. Were can you view this

Damn Fulham winning the EPL, took you time but after 10 years Fulham did it.

Congrats dude! Now reinforce the squad and win the CL.

Btw, just a question, how do you keep yourself interested in this game to play it for so many seasons? i almost always get tired of it by the 3rd season.. whats the "secret"?

Attachment to certain players and the club you're managing. I guess it also depends on the type of club - if you constantly win or lose, you might lose interest.... but if you have a team with a project in mind - like Genoa or Parma etc, you could stay for years until every single player in the squad is your signing and you have realized your project. I created a system for my Bari team in Serie B - I was 8th in January, changed things round, was undefeated for 18 games and came 3rd to reach the playoffs - which I won and got promoted to Serie A.

Damn Fulham winning the EPL, took you time but after 10 years Fulham did it.

Congrats dude! Now reinforce the squad and win the CL.

Btw, just a question, how do you keep yourself interested in this game to play it for so many seasons? i almost always get tired of it by the 3rd season.. whats the "secret"?

Thanks.

I guess for me I only started playing this with FM08. So it's still kinda fresh to me. Also I have some goals in mind and would like to acheive them them before I think of moving on. And I do like to watch the younger players I brought in grow. I'm just not bored of this. I'll probably play this until FM10 comes around. And then I'll probably take Fulham.

Back
Top Bottom