Forza Motorsport 2

brilliant! My asian ltd edition arrived today. gonna go on xbox live later too redeem my code for the extra car.

And by the way, when they bash you, you're the one who gets a lap-time penalty. Bastards.

are you 100% sure about this?

it might appear so at first, and i remember thinking the same thing, but i'm pretty sure you don't always get penalised, especially if you're not to blame.

i seem to recall occasions when i got nailed, (harder than a glancing blow) and i didn't get penalised...

Nah, every time I've played it and I've got (even slightly) touched, I rack up a time penalty straight away. Doesn't matter really as whoever comes first wins the race, but it's still bloody stupid...

I noticed this issue in the Demo and it is pretty stupid. Lightly rubbing the side of an AI Car gives you a penalty!

Dj

But how do these penalties even work, seeing as its who finishes first, i mean if in total you get 3 seconds of penalties and you finish 2 seconds ahead it doesnt mean you go to 2nd place does it? In pgr3 you had them aswell, but i always understood them to mean that because i crashed,shunted,etc that it lost me time, as in if i hadnt i would have been able to drive faster and would have gotton a better time. So its more the physical time you lose by being shunted etc as opposed to the time being added on to your lap when you cross the line.

No, the reason the penalties are there are for those who want to beat their lap-times (and for the arcade lap-time challenges). It's not a representation of the time you've lost, it's penalties, but if you're doing a normal race versus other cars it makes no difference - but the lap-times are kept for you or your mates to beat in the future.

Oh oke, are the laptime leaderboards race/condition specific? Or can you just go to the timetrial with the same car/same track and then do it? Im never bothered about having fast times, and even if i would be, i think i would use the time trials to get the best. I can probably go into town today and pick it up, but im sooo busy i think im gonna have to wait till friday :(

Oh oke, are the laptime leaderboards race/condition specific? Or can you just go to the timetrial with the same car/same track and then do it? Im never bothered about having fast times, and even if i would be, i think i would use the time trials to get the best.
I'm pretty sure it's race specific - I've raced the same track in arcade and the same track twice in career (with the same car), and the only lap-times you see on each leaderboard are the ones you did when you entered that specific contest. You only really need the lap-times in arcade mode to unlock cars.

They are really good Jim, can you import images or are they all from scratch? Ive seen some that are photo realistic of people, cant imagine how good you need to be to be able to create those from scratch.

They are really good Jim, can you import images or are they all from scratch? Ive seen some that are photo realistic of people, cant imagine how good you need to be to be able to create those from scratch.
I don't think that you can upload anything.
You have the primary shapes that it gives you , and you just combine them , spin them , resize them etc.
It's not that hard. You need to be a little patient though :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I get my game today !!!

the german Palversion! After a few races i can say great Game!
Its very near to GT4, the handling of the cars(untuned is Grantourismo like)!! and the best fluid framerate, i love it!

But:

Graphics are not the hype(its ok), then the courses are the same as in most racing games(why they have kick out some nice tracks from forza1????) They have invest so much time in this game,but ive someone has plyed forza 1 and ralli sport callange on x-box1 we have seen similar graphcs on old gen! Ok gameplay overall but........!

One question, the alps course from forza 1 is not in the game???? it was my favourite course, damned, i cant find it!

is it just me or is getting into online games long. honestly i must of spent 30mins trying to get into a lobby tonight.

I havent played that much offline yet. from what I have played it is good. hopefully once i get onto the harder races it will pick up.

Listen guys, how can you make a unique design & port onto a car, I have seen some mad designs (MArio , 300 etc)

Tracks:
12 environments (8 real-world)
47 tracks in total (incl. all configurations/variations)

Environment #1: Autodromo Internazionale del Mugello

Tracks:
Mugello Grand Prix Circuit [pic]
Mugello Short Circuit [pic]
Environment #2: Laguna Seca

Tracks:
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca [pic]
Environment #3: Maple Valley

Tracks:
Maple Valley Raceway [pic]
Maple Valley Raceway Reverse [pic]
Maple Valley Short [pic]
Maple Valley Short Reverse [pic]
Environment #4: New York

Tracks:
New York Circuit [pic]
New York Circuit Reverse [pic]
Environment #5: Nürburgring

Tracks:
Nürburgring Nordschleife [pic]
Environment #6: Road Atlanta

Tracks:
Road Atlanta Grand Prix Circuit [pic]
Road Atlanta Short Circuit [pic]
Environment #7: Sebring

Tracks:
Sebring International Raceway [pic]
Sebring Short Course [pic]
Sebring Club Course [pic]
Environment #8: Silverstone

Tracks:
Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit [pic]
Silverstone International Circuit [pic]
Silverstone National Circuit [pic]
Environment #9: Sunset Peninsula

Tracks:
Sunset Peninsula Infield [pic]
Sunset Peninsula Infield Reverse [pic]
Sunset Peninsula Infield Short [pic]
Sunset Peninsula Infield Short Reverse [pic]
Nissan Speedway [pic]
Nissan Speedway Reverse [pic]
Environment #10: Suzuka Circuit

Tracks:
Suzuka Grand Prix Circuit [pic]
Suzuka East Circuit [pic]
Suzuka West Circuit [pic]
Environment #11: Test Track

Tracks:
Test Track Infield - Black Mamba [pic]
Test Track Infield - Black Mamba Reverse [pic]
Test Track Infield - Boomslang [pic]
Test Track Infield - Boomslang Reverse [pic]
Test Track Infield - Copperhead [pic]
Test Track Infield - Copperhead Reverse [pic]
Test Track Infield - Death Adder [pic]
Test Track Infield - Death Adder Reverse [pic]
Test Track Infield - Diamondback [pic]
Test Track Infield - Diamondback Reverse [pic]
Test Track Infield - Inland Taipan [pic]
Test Track Infield - Inland Taipan Reverse [pic]
Test Track Infield - King Cobra [pic]
Test Track Infield - King Cobra Reverse [pic]
Test Track Infield - Malayan Krait [pic]
Test Track Infield - Malayan Krait Reverse [pic]
Test Track Infield - Russell's Viper [pic]
Test Track Infield - Russell's Viper Reverse [pic]
Environment #12: Tsukuba Circuit

Tracks:
Tsukuba Circuit [pic]
Tsukuba Short [pic]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lost tracks of Forza 2:
This is a list of tracks that had been shown or were mentioned in official pics, videos or reports/press releases of the game during the development, but didn't made it into the final game for various reasons. There is a chance that one or the other track from this list may get released via DLC at some point but for now they are lost.And this is Bullshit MS! I dont play online now, i Pay 60€ for your game and you give me tons of the same shit track(test Track)!!!
Where are these Tracks:
Alpine Ring [pic1] [pic2] [pic3]
Rio de Janeiro Circuit [press release]
Road America [press release]

Last edited:
For those, like me, who've said PGR3's graphics were better than Forza 2's, you might want to CLICK HERE and see a few comparisons (shame that they're scrollbarred, but you can save them to disk and compare them full-screen if you're as sad as me).

Anyway, help! I've read that most people who've bought the Forza 2 Limited Edition pack have got a soundtrack CD with their game. I haven't. :(

Did any of you guys get it?

Last edited:
They are very comparable! its hard to tell which one is PGR and which one is Forza... :)

Guys one question, there is no music in careermode Races???? Is this ok or has my (riginal!!! no Copy German Palversion) a problem????

anyone seen the forza tv advert? not sure if it is germany only, but i like it. very smart. :)

Anyone playing with the steering wheel?

I soooo want one! It is £99.99 with Forza2 in PCWorld! Is it good? Worth that much money?

I've had a bash with a steering wheel at a local game shop and it's incredible, it really is. Far superior to any other game/wheel setup I've played on before.

You know those fiddly bastard corners in Forza where you want to keep going in a curved line to follow the outline of the bend, but you find yourself flicking the stick hard-right, centre, hard-right, centre, hard-right, centre because if you keep the stick held down slightly in that direction it's too much? Well with the steering wheel it's perfect, you can judge everything to absolute perfection.

This could be the first racing game I've ever known where using the pad doesn't give you an advantage...

Back
Top Bottom