Forza Motorsport 2

I've had a bash with a steering wheel at a local game shop and it's incredible, it really is. Far superior to any other game/wheel setup I've played on before.

You know those fiddly bastard corners in Forza where you want to keep going in a curved line to follow the outline of the bend, but you find yourself flicking the stick hard-right, centre, hard-right, centre, hard-right, centre because if you keep the stick held down slightly in that direction it's too much? Well with the steering wheel it's perfect, you can judge everything to absolute perfection.

This could be the first racing game I've ever known where using the pad doesn't give you an advantage...

Spot on Jack.

Thanks JB!

You see I haven't learnt to drive yet, just turned 17! So I'm not sure whether to get it, but I would assume you could sell it on eBya for not much less than you buy it for.

Well I've had three driving tests and failed all three but I still can't get over how great the wheel is!

Don't know about how much you'd get for it off eBay, do a search before you invest in it. I would get one in a flash but unfortunately not only is it very expensive but there is literally no room to place it in-front of my television, so... :(

don't you need a driving seat for the wheel though. they are well expensive though.

What?! You don't need a special seat just to use the wheel! All you need is something to either sucker-cup attach it to, or bolt it to. The wheel's base has sucker-cups and vice-like grips to attach to a desk or whatever.

if you got a comforatble chair and a low table you are all set.

some guys also build their own rigs with used momo racing seats, wood and nails, it's a creative world out there :D

btw, do normal usb wheels also work with the 360?

The official one is 80 odd quid here in the uk. I think thats way too steep especially considering the Mad Catz wheel is 40 quid.

does the mad catz one have force feedback?

If not then it not worth it, if you want a steering wheel to add more realism you need force feedback. Otherwise a non FF wheel is a bit boring to use

The Mad Catz one is nowhere NEAR as good as the official one for Forza 2. Forza 2 was developed USING the official Microsoft 360 wireless wheel, the others are nowhere near it.

just got the MINE'S r34 skyline, what a beast :) awesome to drive on tsukuba circuit (which is a great track with any car!)

why the hell selling the cars i have won they yust give me 100Bugs???? so its hard to save some money, in forza 1 it was easier to get money!!!! Win a car and sell it! i want this BMW3touring car!!!!

jimis be patient and keep trying my friend and you will get the car you want :)

Ive finished a couple of the proving ground races and enjoyed them. Sadly i dont have much time to spend on it atm, although i can understand where you are coming from coopz. It definitly feels like a game that needs quite a bit of time with. For me it has gotton better and better the more races ive done.

i have to agree with you there. you need quite a few hours to really get into it.

If you came from playing gran tourismo you dont need few hours, cars are very well balanced only the high class racers ned practising! Its a great gameplay, good graphics,very good motorsounds, but why no antialiasing???

On normal Tvs it looks only half so good as on HDTV/Plasma......!

An i miss some of the old tracks like Brasil and alpine racing circuit! this where great stages for racing! and there is enougsh space on the Dics why MS????

and a question will there be some new courses avalaible on X-box live??? Cars for sure but tracks???
But its a great game, lets see what Sony will make out of GT5 now!

After the proving grounds bit,which is pretty basic stuff and is very boring (much like Gran Turismo's License tests and Sunday Cups!) it does get better (unlike GT's races/cars which remain the same) I am now doing the professional races and im racing on Hard Difficulty and I do like this game a lot.

Is it me or have they toned down the AI a bit? On Forza 1 the AI was much more agressive when you tried to overtake them, on 2 they seem to back off once they know you have got them... I find that a step backwards compared to Forza 1.

i didnt even know i was on the proving grounds, ill have to get past them and see what the game really has to offer then

cowden yep ive played it on Hardest since I got the game. I was decent at Forza 1 so I thought id whack it on Hard Mode.

JB to follow up your Forza 2 Related post in the DIRT thread.

I did a race with all Toyota MR2's and left mine exactly as it was with no upgrades, my god did it feel good when I beat them, yes the CPU on hard is a nightmare but it is realistic! the amount of times they tried to outbrake me or go round the outside of me at some corners! I then figured out where their weakness was and I realised I was quicker through that particular section. I used that to make my overtaking moves during the race. Yes some races at the beginning do indeed get boring but I think the further in you get the better it will be.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom