Forza Motorsport 2

Well after all the hype this game got i thought it was going to be great but how wrong i was this is just a solid good game but no more. I am fed up and tired of silly racing games that try to be more by that i mean a racing game should be just that and no more, learning the car the track maybe the car settings, however more and more racers come out now that just make a nonsence out of that. By that i mean the challenge has evaporated, you race you loose but you win cash you upgrade and you come back and win its bollocks where is the challenge in that,they just make you play longer and make the game easier but in the process it becomes more and more boring to play .I'm just so tired with games like this and GT4 it's not like playing a racing game no more, more like a 60hour collecting adventure, i'm racing and i'm not thinking of the challenge from that race but thats one more race to chalk off lets move on,what's next. I have to say after i discovered that you can use a PS3 and 360 pad on pc that i had to give GTR2 a go so i also had to get a descent card too a GF7950ocGT is what i got but what an experience that game is, it shits on Forza from a great height and you don't get any of that crap car upgrade shit. By the way just discovered PES6 on PC and WOW what i have been missing...

Last edited:
Yeah you dont get any car upgrade shit because GTR2 isnt that sort of GAME!! Ive got that too and its a good game but it doesnt shit on Forza at all my friend.

the lack of track on forza 2 is annoying! I mean with next-gen power they must be able to develop more tracks.

As for GTR, I have never played it but here so many good things. shame the 360 version was cancelled.

Yes Forza's lack of tracks is an issue indeed. Something Turn 10 need to think about if they do another one. GTR is a very good GT Racing Simulation. If your not a fan of Racing Sims though dont play it!

Just had some great races with the "due top" (or whatever its called) nsx you get from winning a race. The races are in the amateur section (halfway down) with a couple of db9's, a ferrari, an audi r4 etc. Got the power about the same as the rest and am just as fast (slightly slower on acceleration) so its down to good cornering and brake timing to get the win. Really need to focus and race near perfect laps to get the win, or even finish in the top 3 :D.

After having the game since it release, and managing about an 1/2hour to an hour a day i have to say its really good (although most of you know that already). Like the graphics (on my new 37 samsung :D) and cant say the jaggies on the reflections annoy me (only really noticed it on the old jag), would probably not have even noticed had i not read about it.
One thing that i think is a shame is that the power of the comp cars doesnt change when you upgrade your own car. I think a better system would be to relate the AI hardness to the possible difference in power permited which could also maybe be connected to how tough the handling is (the american classic race is really difficult due to the handling imo). So if i have a 300pi car and have the game on "easy" the difference can be 100 (comp cars at 200pi) and the harder the level the closer the difference (with hard allowing no more the 20pi difference). With the nsx atm ive got 20 points higher then the comps highest (724 vs 704) and its about right imo. Ive had to really race a few times and get the track down to be able to keep up and have perfect races to have a chance of finishing in the top 3 (with some desparate late on the edge braking and turns letting me overtake). Being able to out upgrade the comp takes the challenge away, although ive been searching for the balance between my own cars pi and being able to compete without being easy. It also depends on the handling though, as the american car i got i needed to have 100pi more just to be able to get by (i hate the amount of drifting it does). Ive got the game on medium with the AI on hard (and something else more difficult for a 20% increase in prize money) so i need to really race and not piss about otherwise i lose.

Another improvement would be to have a single (running start) qualifying lap before the race (as you do in the time trial section) to configure the positions. Having the most powerfull up front or there abouts all the time doesnt do the actual racing any good with a fast car getting away and staying that way most of the time.

More tracks is an obvious improvement (although ive barely raced on half of them yet so have not found it an issue yet).

Other then that i think its a great game.

Goddamn Flanders!!! Another one me and the missus made together! What do you think?

neddy1.jpg

neddy2.jpg

:D looks class :lol:

I have give in and got this game. I havent touched it yet, had it for two days. This is down to the fact I have read that it takes time to get into it, which I just havent had any of lately. I think I will put it on tomorrow and spend a couple of hours on it.

Cheers Kevano, I will be having a go at Homer Simpson next and might make a car with my favourite Simpsons Characters on.

Shame mate, ive been playing it for several hours solid and its got a lot more interesting and challenging :)

Need more then 1 hour kevano, although if its a game that really isnt your thing then it wont make a difference. For me the first hour wasnt anything special, but the more you get into it the better the races get. Someone else had the same feeling (coopz?, cant remember who but its on the previous page or two) but aftre giving it more time they really liked it.

And then played the God-awful Colin McRae Dirt (featuring flailing-fish-on-ice handling™) and said he'd never play Forza again. :|

It just depends on what kind of game you like. If it's a simulation and you're not a simulation fan (or not really into the subject matter) then you're not going to like it, no matter how good the game is, no matter how many great reviews it gets and no matter how many cars/tracks/features it has.

Very true JB. The thing is I must be quite odd because ive been playing DiRT quite a bit too and I must say I love it! Yes because its good fun and a break from the norm I suppose.

Done another car... This time Neddy's Old Pal is added to it!!

flanders1.jpg

flanders2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Im bored of Forza as well, far far to repetitive. Who cares how realistic the cars are when theres only about 4 tracks on the game that all look the same, does the weather even change??

Back to Dirt for me

= more cash

there not stupid, they wont put all there eggs in 1 basket

have to agree.

The marketplace thrives over "additional" content.

I miss my 360 and this wonderful game, but I too thought the tracks after playing it for a good week str8 got very repetitive.

Yes it has got very repetitive and even I must admit im enjoying playing DiRT (mostly due to the random tracks/stages im getting in Career Mode) The 1st Forza suffered the same way.

Its a shame really it has the Physics and a reasonable crash damage engine (allthough copying Codies DiRT crash engine would make it amazing!) Doesnt quite have the gfx for most people and unfortunately its lasting appeal is slowly vanishing even for me. Didnt think id ever say that about F2.

Hahahaha I'm glad your all enjoying this boring game, i warned you I AM GAMESMASTER AND MY OPINION COUNTS FOR EVERYTHING.

Im still enjoying it :P

Although ive found a nice balance of being competitive with regards to car power without being able to easily win (have raced 18% of the game so far). In fact i have to race nearly perfect laps to be in with a chance of winning.

^ I have managed to establish the same as tik. Racing on the same tracks is getting very boring though.

@Gay666 Nobody's opinion counts for everything.... So you look like Patrick Moore as well Mr GamesMaster?

Had a couple of amusing incidents the other day;

first one was the first bend of the maple valley track, was on the inside (mr2 race) with a comp racer next to me, anyway i end up barging in to him fromt eh side, not especially hard or anything but just enough that he goes wide. However on that bend its the rocks that great you. Continuing driving i look back and see him go wide and brush the side. A lap later i see some debri on the following bend with his colours (although i didnt cop on and just continued driving). Then im just starting my next lap and i see a yellow dot infront of me so i focus on catching him up. But to my surprise he's driving so slow i can only just avoid crashing in to him by swerving to the left. Fortunately it was at the end of the straight and i could continue racing.

second one was the provisional/heavy races that im doing with the r6 quattro. Manage to get to first for the first bend ont eh first race which is a very sharp turn, so i brake a bit early as ive already crashed into the barrier a few times. Because of this the 2nd placed raced bumps into me, slows down, and the rest of the pack start doing bumper cars.

Well they amused me ;)

But yeah, doing the test tracks again is a bit annoying.

Fantastic! a CARS one :) pepe will we have to hook up for a race soon and a laugh.

Cars are great, lack of tracks is bloody annoying! Dunno how long i can carry on playing this game if i dont get change of scenery!

Back
Top Bottom