Forza Motorsport 3

PLaying now with the MS Wheel and it really is superb - seems fast than the demo (even in the shit car) - certainly smoother.

Loads of options, leaderboards etc - could be a lot of longevity... hopefully gonna give Dags some races in a while, but if anyone else fancies some MP, then gimme a holla!

I've not tried the demo, so how's the physics? More realistic than NFS-Grid? Tyre physics any good?

Are the AI any good to race against? Do they just stick to lines? Never make mistakes? Always stay glued to the track in collisions whilst you are always sent spinning?

Can you do more than 3 lap races?

That's enough questions for now...

Thanks.

Certainly more realistic. I love racing games, but prefer fun over too much of a heavy sim. This is perfect in my eyes for enjoyment - fun and fast, with a sim feel.

AI definitely make mistakes - in one of my first races, AI took a corner to wide, massive understeer and ended up flipping and rolling along the side of the track. Looked very cool.

Aside from that, they do nip out and look for overtaking and are quite aggressive.

I'm really liking the career structure now too - based on a calendar of events that do feel like a racing season. Lot of the races are more than 3 laps - had some 6 lappers on the shorter tracks. I would guess this will go up even higher.

Game feels really great with the MS Wheel and I'm liking the fact that I can race the high performance cars (online) and stay on the track - its quite unforgiving to a point, which is really good.

Certainly more realistic. I love racing games, but prefer fun over too much of a heavy sim. This is perfect in my eyes for enjoyment - fun and fast, with a sim feel.

AI definitely make mistakes - in one of my first races, AI took a corner to wide, massive understeer and ended up flipping and rolling along the side of the track. Looked very cool.

Aside from that, they do nip out and look for overtaking and are quite aggressive.

I'm really liking the career structure now too - based on a calendar of events that do feel like a racing season. Lot of the races are more than 3 laps - had some 6 lappers on the shorter tracks. I would guess this will go up even higher.

Game feels really great with the MS Wheel and I'm liking the fact that I can race the high performance cars (online) and stay on the track - its quite unforgiving to a point, which is really good.

As long as it's more of a sim driving model than Grid.

Any word of Tesco having this on special offer of £25 over the first weekend, like they did with FIFA10? I might be tempted.

i heard that their is no online lobbies anymore and no way to search for a specific kind of settings for a race ie search for a public game with no auto breaking used and full damage on.

Major piss take if true.

i heard that their is no online lobbies anymore and no way to search for a specific kind of settings for a race ie search for a public game with no auto breaking used and full damage on.

Major piss take if true.

hope that is not true. makes no sense to remove it from Forza 3

Loving the game. AI set to hard and custom assists. I have stability on with everything else off. First few races could only manage 6th and now best I have got is 4th. Feels real nice!!

It is true. Not that you should worry about auto-brake users, they won't stand a chance. Those assists don't speed you up, per se.

It's not that bad, as long as they add a hardcore hopper to the playlists.

Dunno weather to get this just for online play because single players is a bit repetitive and boring

Oh and the difficulty settings are all fucked up. Normal far is to easy and it seems you have to drive perfect to get anywhere on hard

I'm on "Hard" difficulty settings (AI is medium) with only ABS and traction control on and I'm finding it pretty easy to win races. Might have to bump the AI up a bit.

You cant go higher than hard

IGN mentions the AI as well

One of Forza's biggest drawbacks is in its AI settings. There are numerous assists to alter how your car performs, but there are just three AI difficulty options: Easy, medium, and hard. Even for average drivers, medium will quickly prove too easy. But, for me, hard can be really hard at times. It leads to too many races that are either far too easy to win or seem almost impossible to compete in. If Forza 3 had one more setting between medium and hard, it would be perfect. But it doesn't and, for me, it hurts the balance over the course of the career mode.

Edit: I read your post wrong :)

Yeah try Hard AI and you will see there is a massive difference

Last edited:
I'll give it a go but I expect a lot of cheating and line-sticking to go on with the AI on hard :(

Sorry I missed getting a race in last night, PBB. Got carried away with the single player mode :D

So shall we organise an Evo-Web Forza race night?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll give it a go but I expect a lot of cheating and line-sticking to go on with the AI on hard :(

Sorry I missed getting a race in last night, PBB. Got carried away with the single player mode :D

So shall we organise an Evo-Web Forza race night?
Tonight, 11pm. Be there.

Got the game this morning along with Borderland and so far it's been an okay experience. At first I thought the game was really stiff, but eventually as I got better cars it began to feel more loose. Also the cars feel a bit to heavy, but this is probably because I've been playing Dirt 2 recently. Anyway I think the graphics are decent and the tracks are nice, with a good variety. However, I'm getting a bit annoyed at the bloody man speaking in the menus! Furthermore, the game is pretty good. I'm liking it more than Forza 2, which honestly I never gave a chance.

But so far so good, achievements/trophies are very easy as well.

Will also try the MS wheel tomorrow when I get a chance. Hopefully we'll have some online games on the 360 tomorrow night?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom