Forza Motorsport 3

Fucking hell, Coopz! You weren't wrong about the hard AI! Cheating bastards!

I start the race and get passed a few, the first 3 cars pull right away tho and I'm staying 3 secs behind them regardless of what I do. Behind me there's a pile-up and 3 cars are involved.

I keep driving, not even getting remotely close to the cars in front, staying 3 secs away, meaning the pile-up cars are steaming up behind me and showing what appears to be the biggest rubberbanding AI in a driving game ever where I'm managing to keep with the leaders yet the cars at the back are comfortably clawing back a 10 second deficit? Bullshit.

Like IGN said, medium is too easy, and hard just takes the piss. Annoying.

Edit: So I go back to the race, drop it down to medium AI. Suddenly my car either becomes super-powered or the AI cars suddenly aren't able to reach their top speeds anymore? Shouldn't varying AI mean the drivers become worse/better rather than the cars have reductions in speed to compensate? Hmmm.

Last edited by a moderator:

I start the race and get passed a few, the first 3 cars pull right away tho and I'm staying 3 secs behind them regardless of what I do. Behind me there's a pile-up and 3 cars are involved.

I keep driving, not even getting remotely close to the cars in front, staying 3 secs away, meaning the pile-up cars are steaming up behind me and showing what appears to be the biggest rubberbanding AI in a driving game ever where I'm managing to keep with the leaders yet the cars at the back are comfortably clawing back a 10 second deficit? Bullshit.

Like IGN said, medium is too easy, and hard just takes the piss. Annoying.

Edit: So I go back to the race, drop it down to medium AI. Suddenly my car either becomes super-powered or the AI cars suddenly aren't able to reach their top speeds anymore? Shouldn't varying AI mean the drivers become worse/better rather than the cars have reductions in speed to compensate? Hmmm.
its all about online play

Agree with you there Dags. I'll be keeping it on medium difficulty, because you can actually win but still have to actually drive properly to do it.

I dunno if I should drop it to medium as like other people are saying, Hard is crazy. I have managed to get 4th once but it is mainly 5th or 6th place finished. I cannot get anywhere near the top 3 most of the time.

Aye, definitely. Had to work last night and was gagging to get back on Forza (so hard when the wheel is set up in front of me!), but I'll defo be on tonight.

Possibly having some races against my workmates but I'll try and get some Evo-Web races in if I can :)

Dunno, when everyone is online I guess.

Apologies for any crashes I may cause in advance! I play with bonnet cam so don't always see people around me.

Pfff, I don't apologise for any crashes! Stay out of my way and crashes wont be a problem ;)

I start the race and get passed a few, the first 3 cars pull right away tho and I'm staying 3 secs behind them regardless of what I do.

That's the main thing that pisses me off, once they get away you never seem to gain on them

I don't fucking believe it.

Entered the download code for the Legends car pack/Sidewinder Proving Grounds.

It started downloading.

Then said it'd been stopped, so I looked at the active downloads and its not there at all, and of course you can't put the code in because it's one time use!

Microsoft are wankers.

Christ Jonney, thought you were some sort of racing expert! :LOL: All over the shop...
hell no, some of you guys where too bloody slow and and blocking teh race lines :RANT:

:TTTH:

Yep, at one point he slammed on the brakes for no reason, top of a hill, and caused my car to fall to pieces :RANT:

Funny though :LOL:
i diddnt even know you was behind me! i saw some of your cars flying in the air during the race!

Fucking hell and his mates! Shocking.

i dont know how gyster drives but my mate jcwhite is 10x better than me in racing games and always keeps his line so if he bumped into you its because you was too bloody slow or breaked too soon!!:FAIL:

You lot kicked us because of lag according to cw but seems like it was because of the crashes?

Are you guys playing with any aids on? i bet you lot are!! assisted pussys :WORSHIP:

hell no, some of you guys where too bloody slow and and blocking teh race lines :RANT:

i diddnt even know you was behind me! i saw some of your cars flying in the air during the race!

i dont know how gyster drives but my mate jcwhite is 10x better than me in racing games and always keeps his line so if he bumped into you its because you was too bloody slow or breaked too soon!!:FAIL:

You lot kicked us because of lag according to cw but seems like it was because of the crashes?

Are you guys playing with any aids on? i bet you lot are!! assisted pussys :WORSHIP:

No way - you were the only one lagging (flying through the air) and when you werent lagging, you were running into the back of people or swerving across into them.

You were not sticking to any racing line! :LOL: And your lap times were no better than 2 or 3 of us at any time. Even if someone is going slow, you can move out the way, rather than plow into the back of them!?

The 2 other guys that joined caused problems for others and the race after you left was quality. First corner we were almost 3-abreast round the first corner and nobody tried to cause an accident, it was quality.

As for aids, dont know about the others, but the only aids I had on were braking zones and clutch, everything else was off. I found manual gears werent so good for the Land Rover though on a hilly track! :LOL:

Think you lost a bit of respect of your 'knowledge' of pure racing games there last night Mr. M! :HAND:

Aside from all that, I thought it was fucking quality! Best fun I've had with a game for ages and despite really not liking the demo, Forza 3 is right up there with great racing games for me - really, really like it alot!

As we are human we won't always stick to the racing line, maybe you should stick to playing the offline AI Jonney as they will follow your rules and not swear at you when you run them off the road

Back
Top Bottom