Forza Motorsport 3

gift that beemer to all fellow evo moderators :p

so far done 50 races, won 48. ai is shite, even on hard. can't wait to get into online gaming with this one

That's really good Dar, brilliant!

OPM, you must be hardcore, I can't touch the AI on hard. I win everything on the middle setting but I prefer that to never finishing first...

no idea, well i played a LOT of forza 2, might have to do with that.

it's not like i am completely take them apart but most of my races i win with around 3 or 4 seconds...:) might have to try picking cars from lower class or at least a lot lower point rating

Hi, i would like to give a bit of impression after playing this game:

Positives:

• Good clean UI design
  • Loading times have improved from the demo
  • great selection of cars
  • slightly better track selection but still many are crap
  • Fantastic Gameplay physics
  • Great tuning, upgrades and paint job features
  • slightly better graphics on the enviornment

Now for the fun stuff
Negetives

• Cars look the same as forza 2 IMO
  • No more online public lobbies.
  • Cant create a public lobby with certain settings on or off such has forcing everyone to not use ABS
  • P2P mp = lagfest with cars flying around the track? wtf?
  • Cant use ANY car thats in class F-B in public online races(Again wtf??)
  • 8 player grids is useless when doing a race on a large amount of laps set or on a 10+mile track
  • Cant load up your tuning options on public online games

I think that its for now. As you can see, Most are legitemant pro's and cons with some being my own person opinion such has the graphics side of things and the UI but when it comes down to actual facts that the online mode of this game WITHOUT mates is really pathetic to say the least.

The gameplay and car selection is keeping me interested in this game but for how long?

Keep meaning to ask this...

When playing MP on Forza, after a minute or so of racing, my BT HomeHub reboots itself?! (and hence I get kicked out of Live).

Not had this on any other game - and whilst playing Evo-Web on Friday, it was all fine all night. But racing any randoms boots me?

We've done games where we've used F class cars, not sure whether everyone is talking about public lobbies rather than private games?

We had some good races with lower class cars though :)

Is everyone going to still be playing this in a few weeks/months time?...

I don't want to go and get a game which is (sounds like it) only fun against people you know, only for them to be fed up of it and start only playing other games instead and me have wasted my money.

Forza 2 was such a dull game offline, and online I was always miles behind at the back of the pack because I hadn't practiced, and I hadn't practiced because the game was so boring offline... Will it be the same situation for me on 3?

This game sounds a bit like FIFA - loads of great stuff, but ultimately, a struggle to find a mode that is actually fun to play.

Crap against the AI because they're either too good on top level (ie. cheat the laws of physics), but below that level, not worth racing against....just like FIFA.

Crap online because every race is just super fast cars, so they may as well not have put 90% of the cars in the game, as nobody can race competitively online with them, just like the endless fully-assisted Real/Barca/ManU matches in FIFA.

Glad I didn't buy this now as, just like FIFA, it's a case of so near, yet so far. Fundamental design flaws let down all the good work.

Is everyone going to still be playing this in a few weeks/months time?...

I don't want to go and get a game which is (sounds like it) only fun against people you know, only for them to be fed up of it and start only playing other games instead and me have wasted my money.

Forza 2 was such a dull game offline, and online I was always miles behind at the back of the pack because I hadn't practiced, and I hadn't practiced because the game was so boring offline... Will it be the same situation for me on 3?
if it's fun to play online then i'll be def playing it for a while, i played pgr4 for ages

Jonney you need to sort your connection out because its only you that lags and its not only on this

How is your 360 hooked up?

I have had a few races online and when selecting A class it never finds anybody so i have to wait in a lobby for people to join. I had no lag and the races were great so i can see these Evo-Web ones being a good laugh

Jonney you need to sort your connection out because its only you that lags and its not only on this

How is your 360 hooked up?

I have had a few races online and when selecting A class it never finds anybody so i have to wait in a lobby for people to join. I had no lag and the races were great so i can see these Evo-Web ones being a good laugh
Its hooked up using ethernet and my download speed is rated at 1800Kbps and upload speed is around 500kbps.

i dont get no lag on nfs shift on the pc and on fifa 10 on the ps3 so dont know why its only the 360 im getting lag?

Its hooked up using ethernet and my download speed is rated at 1800Kbps and upload speed is around 500kbps.

i dont get no lag on nfs shift on the pc and on fifa 10 on the ps3 so dont know why its only the 360 im getting lag?

All i can think of is that your router isn't letting the 360 through properly

With the old dashboard you could test the connection and it would tell you if you had a strict, moderate or open NAT but you cant do it anymore that i know of

I would try some port forwarding and go from there

Edit: I just found out it does have them settings still, goto test connection and your NAT setting will only show up if it's set to moderate or strict. If it's set to open it won't show anything meaning its working OK

level 17 now, stock 997 gt3. hammering this one round fujimi kaido, nordschleife or amalfi coast is everything but dull.

damn this game is fun :)

i might be up for some aswell tonight. just bought the game today and will be using my chair/wheel setup...

edit: if someone could add me 'MonkeyJug' and invite me in so i can get your GTs sussed out...

I really struggle to control the more powerful cars, even A class I struggle with sometimes! I think my acceleration points during and at the end of corners is terrible! Need to learn the tracks and when and how much to accelerate.

Without TC it is very hard to accelerate without the wheels spinning

I had to put it back on

Without TC it is very hard to accelerate without the wheels spinning

I had to put it back on
i was on R1-R3 class with no TC on and i diddnt struggle handling the car. i did a few laps in silvestone so again, not really the most easiest track to race on.

Just be gentle when accelerating and you will be fine mate. the 360 pad makes accelerating and breaking piss easy due to the analogue shoulder buttons

Back
Top Bottom