Forza Motorsport 3

Well what I can say about this game and has been said by the producer of the game, not everyone's career will be the same, I have just finished my first season, and on most leaderboards there is only 4 or 5 of my friends on the same tracks. I know I have more than 5 mates with the game, its just they are racing on different tracks or with different cars. It really is a game you could play and then do another career, just starting with a different car and going a different route through the game.

I have most assists off bar auto gears and Traction Control atm, with the AI drivers on Medium. Hope to move up to semi gears and take traction control of, and maybe bump the AI up, but it's fully adjustable to let you play as you want. I have been playing late at night, so am happy with those settings as I just wanted to open up abit more of the career without having to really concentrate that late at night.

I have not tried it with the wheel yet, but PBB and Tim both are racing like that, so their comments will be the best to read.

My views on it.

The game is alot better when you have mates to compete with as well

We are all going though the career building money and buying cars to try and out-do each other :LOL:

For Forza 2 you could go on your PC and access the auction site but i cant find one for Forza 3

Did they not bother with this one?

img_2009uspt.jpg

love hotlapping :D

and yeah, i nearly allways check the leaderboards after the race to compare my laptimes with those of my mates. it's motivating as heck :APPLAUD:

The Exige and Fairlady crew are back again I see. :(

Nice work doing it in an NSX-R GT though, lovely car. ;)

Oh and did you ever get that PM???

The Exige and Fairlady crew are back again I see. :(

Nice work doing it in an NSX-R GT though, lovely car. ;)

Oh and did you ever get that PM???

let me check...oh yeah! sorry, missed it :D

how about the nsx as a base? i can just gift one to you as a exchange. or buy something of your storefront :))

i'm also in the top 2% of a few other tracks, will do some serious time hunting after i finished the career mode

Yeah, I get that, I'm not totally retarded thanks :PP.

But what's the difference with time trials and hot laps? They are separate things as they are selected differently.

So on the hot laps, you just pick any car you want and then keep doing laps til you quit, then it takes your best lap time and puts that on the leaderboards. How do the leaderboards work? Are there separate leaderboards for each different car class?

I'm guessing the main difference between Hotlaps and the Time Trials is that in the Time Trials you're given a specific car and have to do the track in that car, Hotlaps are where you can use your own (tuned) car and set lap times with that.

So the Hotlaps are where the proper gearheads go, cause you can customise the car setup for that specific track to set the fastest time.

Car is done OPM, friend request pending. ;)

Didn't realise that fucker was 900,000 credits though, haha. You can throw a stock one back to me whenever you have one spare, no rush. It's not on my immediate hitlist for using. :)

Last edited:
If they could deal with the PI system and the upgrade system this game would be really, really good.. but you only have to look at the R class cars to see how farcically ill thought out some of Turn10's ideas are.

In the R classes, the VAST majority of REAL race cars CANNOT be upgraded to a level where they have PI's ANYWHERE near the class-boundaries (998, 900, 800)... so all three classes are to more of an extent than usual dominated by a tiny handful of cars.

Drag racing and oval racing is always going to be dominated by one car almost by definition. How did Turn10 fundamentally think the drag racing would be competitive? The game doesn't differentiate skill enough to mean that the differences between even the second best and best cars.

So it really puts you down to circuit racing - but R1, R2, R3 are dominated by a tiny handful of cars... oh and so is S class - almost totally dominated by the dodge viper.

It was painfully obvious in FM2 that the PI system was at the fundamental level flawed - and that cars were made good or bad based purely on the upgrades Turn10 deigned to allow them. What Turn10 have done in terms of community content is extraordinary and more than fantastic. They have pushed the 360 hard to get out some really pretty solid graphics... but in terms of dealing with the real issues online they have failed terrifically. In fact, I'm not sure they did anything.

There are still clearly major issues with car balance, they have done NOTHING to deal with rammers. They have created hoppers which give no real danger to cheats (rammers). They have no flag system. Silly sticky-slow-down off-road sectors punish people making legitimate mistakes far more than people intending to cheat.

On consoles we are presented with three simulators which probably together almost get everything right, but on their own are all lacking severely. It's still a good game - a very good game - but it has a slightly rushed feeling, and a slight appearance of a development team which has neglected the real racers in the community.

I suppose the real way to look at this game is that it's like FM2 again. It's like FM2, with better graphics, with more tracks, with more cars, and so on - and it's a good improvement... but I think a lot of people felt at the end of the day with FM2 that it was a massively flawed game which somehow was still pretty fun.. and FM3 is the same. FM3 is FM2 Deluxe but our memories have been wiped. The vast majority of the same exploits and problems are all going to come back... or at least that's my fear.

Last edited:
Car is done OPM, friend request pending. ;)

Didn't realise that fucker was 900,000 credits though, haha. You can throw a stock one back to me whenever you have one spare, no rush. It's not on my immediate hitlist for using. :)

stock one coming your way this weekend. or if you want something else just tell me ;)

I would recommend you lot try Cat and Mouse when you all get together next

I came off my Xbox yesterday with my jaw aching from laughing that much after playing that mode :LOL:

So hopefully this means the class filter will be added soon enough.

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/b.../10/30/forza-motorsport-3-week-in-review.aspx

Forza Motorsport 3 Multiplayer Matchmaking Takes Off Strong
We've been watching our multiplayer matchmaking servers with great interest over the past week and a half. Since we've launched the game in Asia, Europe, and now North America, matchmaking has already had over 800,000 races in our public hoppers. In case you're new to how matchmaking works, it's an extremely easy and fuss-free way to race against others in the Forza community. First you select a Game Type (Circuit, Drag, Drift, Oval, etc.), then you select a Car Class and our Xbox LIVE servers will match you up with others who are of the same skill level as yourself. After each round is finished, you'll "hop" with other players from race to race while the server does all of the work of setting up the race and hitting the start race button.

This weekend, of course, will be really interesting for the community team here for a number of reasons. First of all, it's our worldwide launch weekend so we're curious to gauge performance numbers on our servers. As I mentioned, they're currently holding up pretty well. Secondly, while we've been watching the matchmaking hoppers continuously since we launched first in Asia/Australia/Japan, this weekend will be the first time we're getting some critical mass numbers on which game type folks are playing. We'll be using the data we've been collecting, especially this weekend, to look at which hoppers we should add, or evolve, or eliminate. You the players will literally be voting with your matchmaking decisions.

Right now, the obvious thing to note is that A Class Circuit Racing is the most popular hopper. Going forward, we have a plan to update the hoppers often. Once a week will be par for the course, but as we gather more data from community behavior on our servers, we could be implement new hopper changes twice a week. Heck, every day if we needed to -- but you get my point. It's a flexible server-side system we're going to be mining for data and making decisions based on that data.

Of course, matchmaking itself is irrelevant if you're having trouble connecting to lobbies in the first place. The good news is that we have a whole bevy of server-side options to tweak in order to optimize multiplayer connections. Earlier this week, we rolled out one tweak that drastically improved both the rate of success for connections and the number of opponents you find in your room. We'll be fine-tuning these settings on the backend for weeks to come, getting it dialed-in just right so you can play more and wait less.

iberia full reverse...try beating that time, come on :D

4068796362_c58bd29871_o.jpg

game is addictive as hell, had no time for gay tony yet :D

Back
Top Bottom