Forza Motorsport 3

Not yet. i have just reached home mate. give a guy a chance to settle down after work lol im dead hungry so cooking dinner atm ;)

i will try it later and see wtf is the issue

No TC on, I play with everything off :)). Gotta be REALLY gentle easing it back on yea.

some cars are just not made to be driven without tc :)

especially road cars with no rear wing and big front engines + loads of torque are hard to drive fast, right. really REALLY gentle on the pedal or you lose time sliding :)

if you're fed up with it try slapping on a wing :))

Not when I don't stay on the road it don't :((. My driving line is shit. My braking is shit. My cornering is shit.

i think the key to braking with the wheel is to press it down halfway, and make sure you're driving in a straight line when doing it!

but as someone already said, driving games are ALL about learning the tracks. do that and it's half the battle...

Try to make the wheels only do one thing at a time as much as possible - you'll get better traction when the accellerator or brake are not applied and you'll get better accelleration/braking when going in a straight line.

Try to hit the apexes and remember that sometimes the fastest way isn't the quickest way (badly worded :P), getting your lines right at the expense of some speed can improve your lap times. Once you get the hang of the tracks and the car, you can start being more aggressive :TU:.

So is the single player any good? That's what I'd be playing 99% of the time, so I don't want to buy it if it gets boring like Forza 2 did.

Not when I don't stay on the road it don't :((. My driving line is shit. My braking is shit. My cornering is shit.

Sounds to me like you're taking your corners too fast which is affecting your braking and driving line. Try gradually braking into your corners well in advance of the corner, slowing the car down enough to take the corner smoothly (without having to press the brake or accelerator) then as you find the driving line of the corner accelerate out and straighten up.

You'll find you'll be a lot faster going round corners taking them slowly than trying to force the car around them - as I found out the hard way racing on rFactor years ago.

Hmm, that's good advice, thanks Rob & MJ :)). I ain't giving up on this game seeing as I spent about 400 notes on it! :LMAO:

Hmm, that's good advice, thanks Rob & MJ :)). I ain't giving up on this game seeing as I spent about 400 notes on it! :LMAO:

A good tip (from the Forza forums) for improving the feel of the brake pedal on the MS wheel is as follows- cut a small rubber or sponge ball in half and put it behind the base of the brake pedal arm. Like a real car it makes the brake pedal firmer to press and you can be more sensitive with the brakes, which helps when not using ABS.

Worth a try.

Yeah might try that. I increased the brake pedal deadzone and it's much better for me now, so I just need to learn the tracks and learn the lines. Which I guess will only come with experience and by playing so hey ho. I think tomorrow night I will sit down and do some hot laps.

Are there no time trials on Forza 3 by the way? There were on Forza 2 and they were great fun to do.

that is a bit harsh chris, i'm quite enjoying it at the moment and i haven't seen this problem with the hard ai setting, the worst place i've come is 3rd, that was because i made a mistake coming through the pack and i would have caught the front 2 if it were a longer race. i'm using no assists apart from the braking line until i learn the tracks.

online was good fun and tim you weren't as bad as your making out. the only problem was that i was picking cars that i haven't used before on tracks i haven't been on yet and it takes a little getting used to. especially the chevy chevelle, which is a beast of a car, but won't go round corners unless it's sideways. we should def do some all rear wheel drive american muscle cars with no assists, would be well funny.

i think we need to do two races exactly the same one after the other aswell, because we seem to get used to the car and track by the last lap.

Yeah might try that. I increased the brake pedal deadzone and it's much better for me now, so I just need to learn the tracks and learn the lines. Which I guess will only come with experience and by playing so hey ho. I think tomorrow night I will sit down and do some hot laps.

Are there no time trials on Forza 3 by the way? There were on Forza 2 and they were great fun to do.

What exact setting did you change Tim? I lowered the deadzone before and all it meant is I had to push the brake pedal half way down, then once I reached the register point, it still just locked the brakes with the gentleist of pushes.

I need a setting that will allow for more gradual braking.

Did you read my post and try to fix your lag problem?
I think i asked you last night when we was racing and apparently i diddnt lag at all? if so i diddnt do a single thing on my 360.

Are people 100% sure its actually ME? thats lagging before?

pbb - yeah I changed the brake inside deadzone and pushed it up a fair few notches. It has done what you say but I find it MUCH better as I can gradually ease it on as my foot is already taking some pressure from the spring. If that makes sense...

Jonney - yes it was definitely you lagging when we played.

pbb - yeah I changed the brake inside deadzone and pushed it up a fair few notches. It has done what you say but I find it MUCH better as I can gradually ease it on as my foot is already taking some pressure from the spring. If that makes sense...

Jonney - yes it was definitely you lagging when we played.

Cheers Tim, maybe I just have to get used to it.

And Jonney - yes, when we all played Friday, it was only you that was lagging and flying around the track. Nobody else did anything like that even once.

You was only in for 1 race and you was behind us all so we couldn't really say for sure :LOL:

We need to try the other game modes out as well when we play next. Cat and Mouse used to be a right laugh in PGR, plus you have another 5 modes to do other then normal racing

just put myself into leaderboard position 309. of 13.000 on ny classic circuit in a car 20 points under the class a limit (580/600)

nice one :)

Back
Top Bottom