Future Winning Eleven: PS3!!! discuss

Yo guys,

My friend in Japan e-mailed me this afternoon. I called him last night after the game and asked him to find out about Winning Eleven 11 by calling Konami or asking Shops/Magazines. He isn't really much of a console guy, hes a PC whiz. He said he called Konami and they said they had no information and that they would release any as soon as they knew.

He asked around shops in akibara and many people told him that they were told it should be available in august for the PS2 and PS3. One guy said that he thinks it might be delayed by a month. They said the Wii version will be released in October/November time. He said he will try to speak to more people and find out for me. I didn't wanna push him because i hadn't spoken to him in almost 2 years!!!

So September might be possible as ThomasGOAL found out, but most people in Tokyo think August. Lets hope that Konami say something soon.

Great detective suffdaddy ;)
PS: I always think August too

Here's what I'd like to find in the "real" next-gen version of the game:

Realistic "look" of the game

1) Player reactions:

You should look at the game and know who's winning and who's losing. The following should occur during the actual in-game gameplay, and not only at pauses/cutscenes.

- The losing team has more nervous, jerky reactions.
- They turn their heads more often and keep looking around them.
- They wave gestures all the time, like pointing at recieving positions, at attackers on the loose...etc
- They express deeper remorse on balls that go outside, lost chances...etc.
- Passing and shooting animations are made to look a bit more clumsy, and incoordinated.
- All these reactions (gestures, head turning, regret reactions) have different grades that become more intense with each difference in goals.

- The winning team also has reactions, only they are calm, steady, and confident.
- The head turning is less acute.
- Their gestures are calm, just as a brief overhead "clap", a "stay there" wave with the palm of the hand...etc.
- Lost chances are accompanied with smiling "oh well" reactions. And are dealt with in a much "cooler" way.
- Passing and shooting animations appear to "look" more balanced and in control.
- Show-off animations may be used more often, as in recieving a ball.
- All these reactions (gestures, head turning, cool reactions) have different grades that become more calm, confident and cheerful with each winning difference in goals.

Equalizing/Winning goals should show far more intense celebrations and commentaries.

NB - These gestures and animations should not affect the gameplay, only give a realistic look to the game, and provide an atmosphere overhaul by making the players more "human".

2) Camera:

A zoomed out, higher camera that remains stationary i.e. does not move inwards with the ball, so as not to ruin the sense of 3D depth seen on real TV soccer games. That way, players on the far side of the pitch appear slightly smaller. And the ball's size changes as it moves accross from the near end to the far end of the pitch.

Basic moves:

In EA's latest crappy UEFA game, even they realized the thru pass button should be pressure sensitive. The longer it is pressed, the farther away the ball is sent. Imagine the possibilities. You can decieve an entire defense if the thru ball is sent far enough.

I'd also like to see a "double-R1" move performed right before recieving a ball that makes the player allow the ball pass through his own legs as he turns around and recieves it. Very handy tool. (present in Fifa)

Pressing "O" while passing should add some height to the pass according to the duration it was pressed. Because now the only options are "ground pass", and "lob".

-------------

Continuing the "animations" suggestions, I'd like to see different animations for the same move in different situations. Like dribbling.

When a defender is dribbling on a wide area with no pressure around at all, his body is rather straight, his arms beside him, and generally appears more calm and subtle.

However, when a midfielder is attempting to penetrate many opposing players, he takes a more guarded stance, with a rather arched body and cautious arm gestures. And between these 2 animations are many other grades for less intense situations.

This would make the players seem much more alive.

Also a wing player running with someone on his trail should appear to be putting more effort in his run and constantly checking behind his back, at a rate according to his team's winning/losing status (see nervousness setting above)

And a MUCH wider pitch, please. Konami, just watch TV every once in a while.

-----------------------------------

Free Kicks:

The ability to train my players on a certain play that could cause the opposing wall to jump earlier, late, or send the ball to a position where the wall is rather ineffective. After good training, the play could be saved and used later in real matches.

-----------------------------------

Presentation:

An Overhaul is indispensible. Remove the ugly fonts and menus. PLEASE. This...is...EASY.

Just look at how EA's UEFA has the European continent zoomed out as a menu, then they zoom into the stadium right before the match from the menu!

Freekicks.... They are awful on WE/PES I havent scored a single one on PES6 360 yet!

CPU AI Stop boosting its teams stats so that you dont win!

Dj

It's nice to see so many cool suggestions. It's just a shame that Konami can't read them all. :(

I think the Japanese forums must all say "the game is great, there's nothing that needs improving, seriously - just make sure Man Utd are always licensed"...

Either that or Konami are just plain Blind and cant see the problems the game has... its soo 1999!

Dj

does anybody know how to handle the language problem, when WE11 released? i think they still put it in japanese, and afaik there is no modchip for PS3 to handle it trough patches an´ stuff. :)

I don't think the language is an actual problem, it's not an RPG and I'm sure well all know our way around the menus.

I'm sure someone will make an option file with the player names translated to English though.

Last edited:
I don't think the language is an actual problem, it's not an RPG and I'm sure well all know are way around the menus.

I'm sure someone will make an option file with the player names translated to English though.
sure, the menues for friendly an cups ain´t a problem, but what about the heart of this game -> the ML? ;)

playernames: i don´t mind. like you said, anyone will make an OF to fix this.

1) Player reactions:

You should look at the game and know who's winning and who's losing. The following should occur during the actual in-game gameplay, and not only at pauses/cutscenes.

- The losing team has more nervous, jerky reactions.
- They turn their heads more often and keep looking around them.
- They wave gestures all the time, like pointing at recieving positions, at attackers on the loose...etc
- They express deeper remorse on balls that go outside, lost chances...etc.
- Passing and shooting animations are made to look a bit more clumsy, and incoordinated.
- All these reactions (gestures, head turning, regret reactions) have different grades that become more intense with each difference in goals.

- The winning team also has reactions, only they are calm, steady, and confident.
- The head turning is less acute.
- Their gestures are calm, just as a brief overhead "clap", a "stay there" wave with the palm of the hand...etc.
- Lost chances are accompanied with smiling "oh well" reactions. And are dealt with in a much "cooler" way.
- Passing and shooting animations appear to "look" more balanced and in control.
- Show-off animations may be used more often, as in recieving a ball.
- All these reactions (gestures, head turning, cool reactions) have different grades that become more calm, confident and cheerful with each winning difference in goals.

Equalizing/Winning goals should show far more intense celebrations and commentaries.

NB - These gestures and animations should not affect the gameplay, only give a realistic look to the game, and provide an atmosphere overhaul by making the players more "human".

I agree, although I think 2 things, firstly these things would depend on afew things like which team is playing which, so if Man U go a goal down in the first ten minutes to West Ham, the players reactions woulds change much. Having said that, if a team like Man U go 1-0 down with ten minutes to go, I dont think they would be stumpling around etc, I think almost their anmations sxhould be even stronger. So 1, I think yes sometimes teams would go negative when losing but sometimes they would become more positive. 2. It would depend on the teams involved.

I would also like to see it being affected by their position in the league at that time, or if its in a cup game, it would be more based on which team is better.

yeh thanks for the info Suffdaddy. Ive said August from day one so I'll stick by that :)

All this talk of teams having different animations/gamplay elements if winning/losing is great on paper, but if done wrong could have awful results. People on this forum already complain that PES/WE has cheating A.I., this will give them another reason to complain.

I like the fact certain animations will reflect how a team is doing in a match, but I dont like the idea of player stats going up or down depending on how the match is going. I'd like to see teams press harder and even start playing long balls if losing, but not their stats suddenly go a bit higher.

There needs to be a better balance. I hate the way that if your defenders have the ball they still get pressed by the other team STRAIGHT from kick off. Not realistic. There needs to be a gradual intensity, something EA do excellently in their games.

Last edited by a moderator:
dreamstimeweb_angry374345_1.jpg

does anybody know how to handle the language problem, when WE11 released? i think they still put it in japanese, and afaik there is no modchip for PS3 to handle it trough patches an´ stuff. :)

Learn Japanese ;). Someone will perhaps find a way of patching it, seriously though Japanese Katakana is easy enough to learn for player names and if you keep reading them in Winning Eleven you get better. I move to Japan in November and have to wait til then to buy a PS3 :( . If it ain't out by then I'll try find out all the info I can for you all when I get time.

Just a guess, something i thought about. Konami are having some Winning Eleven Arcade Championship in Japan on Sunday May 13th, so maybe, just maybe if we are lucky then they might say something about Winning Eleven 11. Keep your fingers crossed boys!

Just a guess, something i thought about. Konami are having some Winning Eleven Arcade Championship in Japan on Sunday May 13th, so maybe, just maybe if we are lucky then they might say something about Winning Eleven 11. Keep your fingers crossed boys!

Bloody hell man, you're working too hard with this info! You're gonna do yourself an injury! :shock: lol Really appreciate the info. I still dont think we'll hear anything before June (from what my contact told me) but its worth keeping an eye on.

Thanks for the offer JU!, but I highly doubt the game will be released that late. Do keep in touch though when you're over in Japan, it would be valuable to this forum to have a consistant member who lives over there. Sure we have guys who pop in now or again, but we could do with a suffdaddy-san or ThomasGoal-san :lol: I do believe we will have the usual J-league version towrds the end of the year so you'll be needed ;)

Adonis,

As a Liverpool fan, I'm looking forward to meeting your boys in
Athens!

It should be a cracking match, ahem, like the last one\\:o/

Was the 2005 final an example of life immitating PES?

:l2: :square:

Adonis,

As a Liverpool fan, I'm looking forward to meeting your boys in
Athens!

It should be a cracking match, ahem, like the last one\\:o/

Was the 2005 final an example of life immitating PES?

:l2: :square:

I think the final was an example of Liverpool FC as a whole - Fantastic support + unbelievable spirit. I really thought we deserved to win, but you have to admire the way they fought back.

Goodluck in Athens, The two best teams in Europe are deservedly there.

U know what adonis, i think i feel a little groin strain now that u mention injuries!!! oh yeah, i got that watching the liverpool - chelsea game when i tried to jump of my seat in the pub after agger scored! lol!

good luck in the final, im sure we will be speaking alot before then anyway.

This has gone from being a WE PS3 future thread to a "Make Your Own Covers Thread" and now a "Liverpool Fan's get together in Athens Thread"!

Dj

Well here is an indication that Konami are working on more team license. Swedish site Level 7 writes this on April 24th:

The site claim that they called most swedish top division teams and got confirmation from three Stockholm clubs; AIK, Hammarby and Djurgården (who already is in pes6) that they will be licensed in PES7! As for other teams outside the Stockholm area (the swedish capital city), none of them had been aproached by Konami.

Level 7 then called the Swedish Elite Football Association (SEF: Föreningen Svensk Elitfotboll) and they claimed that Konami was'nt intrested in having all the swedish top flight teams but was satisfied with the three biggest Stockholm teams.

On an later update Level 7 writes that Kenneth Klingborg of Konami (Sweden?) called them up and told them "At this moment nothing is signed with any (swedish) clubs" but that they are "working on getting as many club teams as possible" and that "they are absolutely not satisfied with having just the Stockholm teams" then he promised to contact Level 7 when a deal is done.

Full story (in swedish)

Back
Top Bottom