Future Winning Eleven: PS3!!! discuss

Well here is an indication that Konami are working on more team license. Swedish site Level 7 writes this on April 24th:

The site claim that they called most swedish top division teams and got confirmation from three Stockholm clubs; AIK, Hammarby and Djurgården (who already is in pes6) that they will be licensed in PES7! As for other teams outside the Stockholm area (the swedish capital city), none of them had been aproached by Konami.

Level 7 then called the Swedish Elite Football Association (SEF: Föreningen Svensk Elitfotboll) and they claimed that Konami was'nt intrested in having all the swedish top flight teams but was satisfied with the three biggest Stockholm teams.

On an later update Level 7 writes that Kenneth Klingborg of Konami (Sweden?) called them up and told them "At this moment nothing is signed with any (swedish) clubs" but that they are "working on getting as many club teams as possible" and that "they are absolutely not satisfied with having just the Stockholm teams" then he promised to contact Level 7 when a deal is done.

Full story (in swedish)

Thanks for the updates :)
so Konami don't want the full Sweden league but want alot of teams, sound good for portugese, Scotish, Turkish clubs etc...

Last edited:
A small bit of news for you.

In the news bit of PSM3 I recieved today, it mentions some stuff on PES7 on PS3.

The whole paragraph is:

PSM3 said:
Meanwhile, PES7 is right on track - recording for the commentary has already been completed. No new names have been confirmed, so expect Peter and Trevor to be back in the hotseats - but hopefully with a more coherent script. Dont be surprised if you see new sixaxis controls. Goalie dives and throw ins, surely...

Commentary already completed? That means if anything the Japanese version should be very close to completion. If they've managed to get to such an advanced level in the Euro version I'd expect them to be releasing WE11 very soon.

Or perhaps a worldwide simultanious release? ;)

Are there any member of evo-web that actually work for Konami??

Do you guys know if they even read the Evo-Web forums to see what we think, what changes we would like to see in the game etc.

MMm... the two teams who are 18 (pool) and 28 (milan) off their leaders in the domestic league?

Just dissapointed about the mid-week games :(

Well I guess I should of wrote two best teams in Europe's premier competition ;)

Liverpool and Milan arent the best in their respective leagues, but in any one-off game I cant see two better teams in the world right now. Probably the best would be Liverpool in that respect.

ThomasGoal said:
Thanks Adonis
you think the European commentary can be used on WE11 ?

Well thats what I sort of hinted on. A worldwide release seems very possible if the UK commentary is done. But is it? Have they done the other languages of the different European countries?

Another thing is we dont have any idea what sort of schedule Konami are on. Its possible commentary is one of the first things they do. In that respect they are on track to release PES7 in October.

I think that this time Konami will put the top Three Greek Teams in the game with full License (Olympiakos, AEK Athens, Panathinaikos)

Please Konami

I pray for 3-4 teams from Mexican League (America, Guadalajara, Cruz Azul or UNAM pumas). At least unlicensed.

It would be great that Konami includes an additional Cd which includes a official Windows tool for editing kits.

I don't know if i am correct but i can remember that with older winning elevens and PES they do the scripting and recording really early.

Hence therefore it is not always as top notch ;-)

But all in all slowly we getting info

i`ll really wait for 6 mounths more just to get the game with everything done on it .. i wish they put the national teams and the clubs that not had been added in Winning eleven 10 also its Blue-Ray KONAMI !! come on there is enough space for the hole two games PES7 and WE11 .. i dont care about the commentary or anything else i wish i can play real football and feel the UEFA Champion like what am enjoyin now with EA UEFA 2007 :/

i dont think they will used english commentary on we11,i used to lived 8month in tokyo and japanese people dont speak english...
if they put english commentary they have to make english texts and more,,,so we11 will be for japanese and the rest of the world?

well the pes/we games on ps2 are never big
the ISO says 4.something gb,but they put a dummy file in it
if u extract and rebuild comes to 1,9gb
even with BR they wil have shitloades space left,but i'll bet they wont use it.

I think if the commentary multi languages are already finish like says PSM, that mean it's for WE11, because about PES7 Konami don't know the new teams for the 6 big leagues of the game, exemple Juventus, Napoli, Metz, Strasbourg not yet officialy in Serie A or Ligue 1, so that mean the commentary are for WE11, or for the teams names and the players names the recording is for later.

With Vanished we try to contact the French commentators for PES, maybe more news very soon.

makes you wonder what they could come up with if they started using all those free gigabytes for textures, shading, sounds, game engines, motion technology

yeah i think konami this time will take a big spot on the Blue-Ray coz its the main button of the PS3 beside the Cell and the sixaxis controls so if konami did`nt use any of this new things with the next W11 or PES it will be S**** like PES6 Xbox360 and we will be waitting for only little change with the damn new Console cost $600 with the real best next-Gen Console :/

They won't do anything that can't be done on DVD, I'm sure of it. :(

SIXAXIS controls will be fun though, atleast for a little while.

with the space on blu-ray yo would expect 100 international teams, about 20 leagues and over 100 stadiums, but we definetly wont get that. oh yeah im also expecting 16 directions of motion minimum, im getting tired of having 8 directions of movement

It will be the same as ever with just a few more tweaks and maybe a few more teams, I'm just wondering what they will leave out or screw up this time!!
They will promise as they always do the NEXT version will be soooo much better as they are not used to the tech or power of the next gen yet.

with the space on blu-ray yo would expect 100 international teams, about 20 leagues and over 100 stadiums, but we definetly wont get that. oh yeah im also expecting 16 directions of motion minimum, im getting tired of having 8 directions of movement

You don't need Blu-Ray for more teams really. Look at FIFA, they fit in tons of leagues/teams on a DVD, albeit that was on last gen.

then if this what you think Treble? why konami keep us waitting ? for what ? with out any news ! or Pics ! ?? they have to inform the people about this damn WE11 :/ like any other developers and make us waitting for some really wonderfull game not like the shity 360 Version

You don't need Blu-Ray for more teams really. Look at FIFA, they fit in tons of leagues/teams on a DVD, albeit that was on last gen.

Yes but with next-gen they have to have much higher resolution of kit textures, plus players now expect players to all look 100% realistic and individual. This could be a reason why so many leagues were dropped from 360 FIFA 07.

I think FIFA 08 on PS3 will have all the leagues (and more) of the PS2 versions, and 360 version will be cheaper, but will only have the leagues FIFA 07 had (you'll have to download the rest).

Thanks for the new info, I believe everyone on this forum is striving for new information on such topic. Winning Eleven on the PS3 is going to be very tricky for Konami. Main reason is its a new generation of Winning Eleven, and a large number of their base customers come from Playstation and Playstation 2, not from Xbox (hence they didn't care much about the 360 release.) I believe they are taking their time and holding into any information to try and make it the best it could possibly be. At the end, this title would make it or brake it for Konami WE franchise on PS3.
Maybe Konami will give some info at E3 on July.

Can't wait to load WE on my PS3 ... I'm sure most of you feel that way ... fingers crossed it will be released SOON!

Back
Top Bottom