Future Winning Eleven: PS3!!! discuss

The screenshots in the magazine are from the 360.

Beneath the 1st screen it says:

"The animations are a slize better on the 360, but that is nothing compared to what you'll see in october: the real revolution".

Beneath the 2nd screen it says:

"This no more! One player that is free to shoot within a circle of 8 opposite players".

RUMORS (Thanks Vanished)

According to Weys user, Konami take the licences of the Bundesliga and the PremierLeague and add the Japanese press saw the game :shock: (like Brian Ashcraft)
This time especially AI was improved

調べてもらえればわかりますが、海外でも結構情報が出てきましたね!
今回は特にAIが改善されたそうです。
またブンデスとプレミアのライセンスの獲得に成功した
そうです。
あと実況は今回もジョン・カビラ氏で4月に録音を行ったそうです。
ファミ通には音声無しのデモ映像をすでにコナミがプレゼンしたそうで・・
あとはいつコナミが情報解禁のGOサインを出すかですね。

Last edited:
i can see the bundesliga licence happening but the only way that the premier league license can happen is if the premier league had a clause put into their contract with EA stating that they reserve the right to offer the license to other companies or something along those lines.

Can we get this sorted once and for all?

It's been well publicised that EA have the exclusive Premiership license until 2014. See HERE.

EA SPORTS said:
EA has also revealed that it has secured exclusive rights to the F.A. Premier League for an additional four years up to and including the 2010/11 season. The deal allows EA SPORTS sole rights to include every Premier League club and allows the FIFA franchise to deliver the most realistic and up-to-date game with current kits, squads and player likenesses.

Any rumours of the entire Premiership being licensed in a Konami game or indeed any other developer's game, therefore, CANNOT BE TRUE. You could argue that changes to the rule that can provide other games with the license for upto two Premiership clubs have been changed, allowing Konami and other companies to have a few more teams licensed, but if this was the case then A) it would have been more publicised than this, and B) EA would be lining themselves up to sue the FA for signing an "exclusive" contract and then changing the rules so that their competitors can have more licensed Premiership teams than they had been told upon signing the contract.

Either that or EA have sold the rights to Konami, which may break the terms of the contract and would lose EA millions (plus the news is that Konami have spent a total of £1 million on WE11 so far, nowhere near enough to buy such a big license).

Sorry, but it's not going to happen.

Last edited:
A couple of things from the French magazine:

- less scripted play
- in next-gen the players can turn in more than 8 directions, wheras uptil now the game is designed to play with the d-pad, now it is designed to play with the analog stick.
- Since the PES3 can calculate more (and quicker) there will be more variation in the way (CPU???) players behave. The players of the team that is controlled by the player (as in "not by the CPU") will behave otherwise: much more freedom, they will play much more according to their "mood" (for example red arrow up or grey arrow down), this will go further than one match. There will be an evolution over several matches, which will be most obvious in the ML (more fine tuned development).

Seems very promising to me....

Last edited:
That does sound promising, this could be the first real year of next-generation gaming...

CAny rumours of the entire Premiership being licensed in a Konami game or indeed any other developer's game, therefore, CANNOT BE TRUE. You could argue that changes to the rule that can provide other games with the license for upto two Premiership clubs have been changed, allowing Konami and other companies to have a few more teams licensed, but if this was the case then A) it would have been more publicised than this, and B) EA would be lining themselves up to sue the FA for signing an "exclusive" contract and then changing the rules so that their competitors can have more licensed Premiership teams than they had been told upon signing the contract.
Either that or EA have sold the rights to Konami, which may break the terms of the contract and would lose EA millions (plus the news is that Konami have spent a total of £1 million on WE11 so far, nowhere near enough to buy such a big license).
Sorry, but it's not going to happen.

I agree with you. All the time we heared these rumours I wondered how Konami managed to still get the lisences..
EA selling these rights to Konami is something which is very hard to believe. We can forget about that.
- less scripted play

- in next-gen the players can turn in more than 8 directions, wheras uptil now the game is designed to play with the d-pad, now it is designed to play with the analog stick.
- Since the PES3 can calculate more (and quicker) there will be more variation in the way (CPU???) players behave. The players of the team that is controlled by the player (as in "not by the CPU") will behave otherwise: much more freedom, they will play much more according to their "mood" (for example red arrow up or grey arrow down), this will go further than one match. There will be an evolution over several matches, which will be most obvious in the ML (more fine tuned development).

Looks promising indeed, especially the analog control.
Still I wonder where that French Magazine did get that info from.
It's difficult to know what we can believe and what we cannot...

Reading through the French scans, it sounds good to me so far. :)

I doubt Konami will ever get Premiership licenses.

yeah....like everything
i only gonna jump of my chair when i see sh1t on official konami website

the PES7 info from the PSM3 magazine it's only a speculations !

I remember they did it back in 2001, they did a preview for a game called ISS Pro Evolution 3 and used old WE screenshots.

These mags always pretend they have an exclusive just to get people's money.

Good FIFA 08 screens though, slight improvement on UEFA I can see.

Can anyone post a source stating that anyone other than EA is only allowed to use two Premiership teams?

I'm getting the idea that this is all just rumour due to the past 2 PES games only having 2 Premiership teams.

Codemasters, upon making the Club Football games, released a statement on their forums saying that the law prevented them from including more than two licensed Premiership teams in any of their games, so their Man U game would ONLY have Man U and their biggest rival licensed (who at the time was Arsenal), etc. - and they had a dig at EA, saying that what they are doing is technically illegal as they're not asking each player for their permission, hence the Oliver Kahn court case (and others).

If you want to try and dig it up you're more than welcome, but trust me, it's no assumption based on PES.

EDIT: I have to do everything myself around here... The following is from one of the Club Football team a few years ago. CLICKO HEREO.

Codemasters said:
As for the licenced teams, confusion sets in. A Premier League ruling states that we can't have more than two licenced PL teams in each game (whether they are English themselves or not).

So, in the Manchester United game, Arsenal are the other side that will have the full kits, stadium, correct shirt numbers etc. For all other Premier League team games, Manchester United will be the other full team in there (along with your favourite).

And further down the page is the dig at EA...

Codemasters said:
It's all down to the risk of being sued really, probably from the FA, annoyingly. And why do EA's FIFA have them? I could tell you a story about that...

In other words, it probably wouldn't cost much at all for everything to be correct, you just might need some heavyweight lawyers behind you, and THAT'S where it could cost a hell of a lot. ;)

Last edited:
if konami cant get EPL licenses for PES7/WE11 they could get the linceses of the clubs...just like they did with arsenal and ManUtd...so the EPL name wont be official but they will still have all the EPL clubs licenses.

edit:

oh just read it cant happen..to bad.

Last edited:
KONAMI promises more and more stuff..

-Licences (who gives a f)
- better CPU (always)
- more animations (standard)
- less scripted gameplay (what? i thought WE was "script-free")

All in all looks like the same stuff as every year. And I was actually hoping for a new game...

I realize KONAMI is known for surprising us with the small details BUT this time it better fuckin BIG DETAILS and more

New graphics engine. New animation system, new collision and physics. Everything next-gen worthy.

KONAMI promises more and more stuff..

-Licences (who gives a f)
- better CPU (always)
- more animations (standard)
- less scripted gameplay (what? i thought WE was "script-free")

All in all looks like the same stuff as every year. And I was actually hoping for a new game...

I realize KONAMI is known for surprising us with the small details BUT this time it better fuckin BIG DETAILS and more

New graphics engine. New animation system, new collision and physics. Everything next-gen worthy.

Well,
many ppl give a "f" about licenses...especially since the editing of the PS3 version will be tough... and i guess ppl dont want fake looking Cristiano Ronaldos,fake Roonies... but thats just my view...

- less scripted play

that could make me move away from my beloved d pad.

Kahn wins EA-Fifa image rights case

Oliver Kahn, the Germany and Bayern Munich goalkeeper, has won his civil court case against US computer games group Electronic Arts.

Kahn filed a lawsuit against EA over their use of his image in their game 'FIFA 2002'.

The software company insisted that they were entitled to use the names and images of players after obtaining a license from FIFPro, the international players' union, however Kahn argued that union were not entitled to sanction such a deal.

For Fifa and EA the ruling could have serious repercussions as it opens the possibility for thousands of players featured in the game to file similar suits.

From ESPN Soccer-

(But my main question would still be why the hell that idiot was so troubled by his being on a videogame....)

Anyway it would be about time for the less scripted play, that's the main reason i stopped playing PES recently, after many years all the bounces, goly saves, AI moves became so predictable that it felt stiffed.

Last edited:
So Kahn is one of the only players who could be bothered to file a lawsuit?

If other players wanted they could be removed from games too?

I think the whole Fifpro licensing falls apart because of Kahn's action. Maybe that is a reason for Konami to try and get their licenses. EA cannot say that they have ALL licenses, because of Kahn.

Apart from all of this: Suppose Konami does not get all Licenses, can patchers still patch the PS 3 and offer it by download the patch via the PS 3 webbrowser?

So Kahn is one of the only players who could be bothered to file a lawsuit?

If other players wanted they could be removed from games too?
The Codemasters guy has hinted several times that what EA are doing is illegal, that getting the license from a country's Football Association doesn't give them the right to include every single player without asking their permission (Kahn didn't want to give his, for example - although I think he just wanted a bit of extra cash to retire with). So yes, they could all file lawsuits if they wanted. They'd just have a tough time winning if they can't afford lawyers like Kahn's.

Kahn's pension will probably kick in soon so he might as well grab all the money he can find.

But surely individual player licenses isnt important? After all the editing (when availeble) means you can accurately make/edit any player anyway. Its more the team names and kits that gets precident. Although a way around that is to sign deals with the kit makers so they can use templates in the edit mode.

Tbh, the whole licensing issue isnt too important when good editing modes are present. Thats what, among other things, f$#%ed the 360 version up imo. Not being able to change rigaloose to liverpool or being able to transfer / edit players / teams / kits. We have some amazing editors so with the ps3 being online as standard (possible sharing function) and the memorycards (sd/xd/mms/etc) its shouldnt be as hard as the 360 to get the edited optionfiles in your game.

I even enjoy it to a certain extent, i used to spend about 2 weeks editing the game before starting and competitions just to have everything correct. Then i found the files here and did that instead.

If they want to make a decent game they need to have a new engine, better graphics, a decent ML and a good edit mode. The licensing will take the back seat if they do that.

Last edited:
If they want to make a decent game they need to have a new engine, better graphics, a decent ML and a good edit mode. The licensing will take the back seat if they do that.

Spot on mate.

Id definately take the same licenses if they have completely redone the graphics and ML.

But because of the lack of licenses they need to an extensive edit mode, much deeper than the one they have now. More freedom to edit shirts bit by bit, even a ball editor and deeper boot editor.

It might seem much, but I believe the equvilant has been put into Forza 2. Apparently it already has a growing community that mod and share designs. Something like this in PES/WE would be stunning. Everyone sharing their kit replicas, boot & ball designs. Licensing issues would be a thing of the past.

well less than 4 weeks to go now till the 23rd of June (yeah it was 4 weeks yesterday). So hopefully we will see those pictures or at least official info from famitsu on 30th Wednesdays playstation magazine. i think they will release some screens before the 23rd but how soon, who knows!

About the licenses, in the past it never really bothered me coz i always got patches. like adonis and UAE_sniper said its more important that they work on the graphics and gameplay engines, Master league and editing functions. you can always edit kits etc but the game engine, graphics etc cant be edited.

well less than 4 weeks to go now till the 23rd of June (yeah it was 4 weeks yesterday). So hopefully we will see those pictures or at least official info from famitsu on 30th Wednesdays playstation magazine. i think they will release some screens before the 23rd but how soon, who knows!

About the licenses, in the past it never really bothered me coz i always got patches. like adonis and UAE_sniper said its more important that they work on the graphics and gameplay engines, Master league and editing functions. you can always edit kits etc but the game engine, graphics etc cant be edited.

I'm with you in this point

Back
Top Bottom