Future Winning Eleven: PS3!!! discuss

"Apparently" MS and Konami had a one year next-gen exclusive deal in Europe possibly, so possibly it won't come out within 12 months of the PES6 XBox360 release... might not be true, just saying.

its was just an agreement that the first Next gen console to get a PES game would be 360. hehe anyway it was the only available at the time :)

hullybul...read the reactions and one person tells renee groen (hoofdredacteur) that it's an april's fool...
this was published 2 months ago on Evo-web...your source in the link has based itself on the same fake source...

So we still think August release?

I can't see why they would delay just because they are releasing a different J League for the PS2 personally?

i think it comes down to that the ps3 hasnt enough install base over there yet.
with only 435000 ps3 sold in japan and we series being a million seller

Last edited:
great news for J. League WE, always loved that series and fantasy star mode eh? interesting....maybe WE11 can have that too...hm..hm...(dreams)

but then, bad news is...i believe that this might be the WE series news we were all anticipating for and WE11 will yet be delayed again. We put our hopes on the wrong side...

The WE11 PS3 can still out in August, because maybe the WE11/PES7 with new moves etc.. it's only for the next gen system now, and the J.League WE2007CC become the PES7 for the PS2/PSP etc...

why didnt they call it winning eleven 11
Because the new WE11 it's only for next gen, maybe Konami can't do the same game on old consoles, it's a pure speculation, but the more easy it's a World wide launch with WE11/PES7 for all consoles (next gen or not) in october.

Last edited:
Because the new WE11 it's only for next gen, maybe Konami can't do the same game on old consoles, it's a pure speculation, but the more easy it's a World wide launch with WE11/PES7 for all consoles (next gen or not) in october.

ah thnx

hopefully worldwide release for the start of the new euro leagues in august-september

The WE11 PS3 can still out in August, because maybe the WE11/PES7 with new moves etc.. it's only for the next gen system now, and the J.League WE2007CC become the PES7 for the PS2/PSP etc...

like i was saying earlier, what thomas said above is what i think konami are doing. it happened during the PS1 --> PS2 transition period as well. The older generation gets Winning Eleven with the year on the end while the next-gen gets Winning Eleven and the continuation of the series, in this case Winning Eleven 11

Me too when i see this news, i think WE11 can become a world wide version :roll:
But your contact think August ?

If world wide = world online, multilanguage text and sound, 2 versions by year (with winter mercato)

Not one but TWO contacts have told me late August is the estimated time frame Konami are hoping to release the game. This news about the J-League version though confuses the whole situation.

They mentioned it possibly being delayed to gain more licenses, but even then you're talking early September. Im really stunned by this announcement.

I'm also a bit confused by the release of this game ... and also by the name of the games !! I hope to know more... but surely, this JLWE2007cc is our PES7-PS2 in term of gameplay and game-modes !!

I hope to see the first pictures of JLWE2007 in the next Famitsu ...

This part of proceedings is like when an unknown character comes out from the shadows, to reveal a dark secret that will mystify and confuse everyone.

Oh it's great.

Adonis giving it "Im really stunned by this announcement."

Kawaii (cannae be arsed with the caps, sorry) with "I'm also a bit confused by the release of this game"

What next?

I usually just sit back and only really get interested when the screenshots and the like are released.

This manic stage is frustrating, if only for the fact that some magazine or crazy caper somewhere will play a joke or an april fool and it will get repeated over and over.

and over.

But look on the bright side, did you hear they've got 13 new licenses for the next game?

what a coup

nahhh, just fake to see if some blog picks it up. :D

First ThomasGoal, now you! Noooooooooooo! ;)

Badgerman, I wish we could all be as relaxed as you. If we were though there would be no news, vids or pics to show people like you who only visit these threads for them. Sure you'll get them in the end, but the reason why we worked so hard to get news is to get it early well before any official presentation.

I have a question, why don't konami just include the J-League in the normal winning eleven series and also why don't they include it in the Pro Evo series?

Everyone is always going on about licences and this is one licence Konami seem to have that they don't use at all.

Even EA use the K-League in their games so I don't get why Konami don't try utilise the J-League teams aswell.

I have a question, why don't konami just include the J-League in the normal winning eleven series and also why don't they include it in the Pro Evo series?

Everyone is always going on about licences and this is one licence Konami seem to have that they don't use at all.

Even EA use the K-League in their games so I don't get why Konami don't try utilise the J-League teams aswell.

True.

OT

fernando: are you prepared? how many days between release and first playable version for people without knowledge of japanese signs?

i cant remember how it was when you was working on WE10, but it was really fun how the fist version was just for starting the game and few settings. dont mess with japannese comentary!!! yelooo cardooo.....

like i was saying earlier, what thomas said above is what i think konami are doing. it happened during the PS1 --> PS2 transition period as well. The older generation gets Winning Eleven with the year on the end while the next-gen gets Winning Eleven and the continuation of the series, in this case Winning Eleven 11
But if this is the case, do you think they release one Winning Eleven Pro Evolution Soccer in august in stead of WE in august and PES in october? In other words, do you think they merge the two titles and bringing that one out in august or september for the Xbox 360 and PS 3( worldwide)?

Last edited:
well we will see about info @ d moment i just hope they do a great looking nani , anderson coz they r man u player now wuhhhoooooo

Sorry guys, I know the thread has moved on from the subject a bit, but I would just like to go back to EA's rights to use official leagues, names and teams.

From how I understand it, with regards to the EPL, because of EA's rights, Konami, or any other Football game, can only use 10% or 2 teams from the EPL. Correct?

My question is, why/how can the football manager games, both Premiere Manager and Football Manager use all the official teams and players?

Is it affected by the fact that they do no show official kits, and player likeness? if so couldnt Konami at least use the correct names of players and teams, and just keep the kits to a basic representation? I think most of us could live with that, especially if the edit mode is fixed this time around, I quite like being able to redesign the kit every so often when playing through a few seasons.

Thanks in advance for those who know more than me.

Badgerman, I wish we could all be as relaxed as you. If we were though there would be no news, vids or pics to show people like you who only visit these threads for them. Sure you'll get them in the end, but the reason why we worked so hard to get news is to get it early well before any official presentation.

Actually, it would be interesting to get the game without looking into it at all.

Because you read everything about the new game, then you read other people's impressions. By the time you've got the game you know what's different and whether it's good or not.

But now I'm waffling.

And we need you fellows to keep the pressure on Konami so they don't lay a turd out infront of us come September.

keep on honkin, homies

From how I understand it, with regards to the EPL, because of EA's rights, Konami, or any other Football game, can only use 10% or 2 teams from the EPL. Correct?

My question is, why/how can the football manager games, both Premiere Manager and Football Manager use all the official teams and players?
Their games only require the FIFPRO license, which covers player names. The FA's Premiership license covers kits and likenesses, as you say further down your post.

if so couldnt Konami at least use the correct names of players and teams, and just keep the kits to a basic representation?
They can already use the correct names of players (apart from players born in certain countries who need their respective country's license), but not the correct names of teams. Why? Well if you look at games like This Is Football (the most recent was 2006), it's hard to imagine a reason, because they use the correct team names (apart from the teams who don't use place-names as their team name, for example Arsenal have to be referred to as London or Highbury, whereas Liverpool is the name of a city and so they can call them Liverpool). It's either because Konami refuse to spend out on the FIFPRO license (which This Is Football has, and which is not an exclusive license), or because they're desperately trying to avoid legal confrontation, even if they know other companies are "getting away with it".

Their games only require the FIFPRO license, which covers player names. The FA's Premiership license covers kits and likenesses, as you say further down your post...

What about the club names ?

...It's either because Konami refuse to spend out on the FIFPRO license ... or because they're desperately trying to avoid legal confrontation, even if they know other companies are "getting away with it".

I thought PES/WE uses the FIFpro!

Back
Top Bottom