Future Winning Eleven: PS3!!! discuss

It's entirely possible that they are just always trying to avoid confrontation at this time, seeing as EA are exactly the sort to get stroppy against a main competitor in a market.

Winning Eleven PS3 :8): (in confirmed titles)

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/5651/vipper32037gm5.jpg

we11ee3.jpg

Last edited:
From the last Famitsu-Playstation I think !!
I think it's important to notice, thats a "World Soccer" title !!

Thanx Thom !! ^^

What about the club names ?
The FA Premiership license covers club names. Or do you mean FIFPRO? I thought FIFPRO was simply player names (as I thought it was a players' union), but the only license that Sony's This Is Football has for Premiership teams is the FIFPRO license, and they can use team names with no problem (bar the teams who use non-city names like Arsenal).

I thought PES/WE uses the FIFpro!
I'm not 100% sure on this - I thought they did as well but on starting up PES, I don't see any mention of it, and you'd think they would have to (the other games do).

The FA Premiership license covers club names. Or do you mean FIFPRO? I thought FIFPRO was simply player names (as I thought it was a players' union), but the only license that Sony's This Is Football has for Premiership teams is the FIFPRO license, and they can use team names with no problem (bar the teams who use non-city names like Arsenal).

I was thinking more about Premiere manager and football manager, in the first reply I think you stated that these games used FIFpro, and didnt need the EPL license because they were only using names, so why cant Konami do this with WE/PES

I'm not 100% sure on this - I thought they did as well but on starting up PES, I don't see any mention of it, and you'd think they would have to (the other games do).

This site states FIFpro in the credits for Winning Eleven Pro Evolution Soccer 2007.

http://www.konami.com/Konami/ctl3810/cp20108/si2324095/cl1/winning_eleven_pro_evolution_soccer_2007

The use of real player names and likenesses is authorised by FIFPro and its member associations

So again Im wondering why they cant use the names of the clubs. Not meaning to sound like Im arguing because Im not, just cant get my head around why FIFpro license in Prermiere Manger means real team names, but Konami and other can't?

ThomasGoal i salute you :applause:

If it is only about the team names, let us be totally free to edit teamnames and leaguenames, make sure that there are some good logo editors, and spread the savegame, nice way arround it and user provided so no legal issues.

I was thinking more about Premiere manager and football manager, in the first reply I think you stated that these games used FIFpro, and didnt need the EPL license because they were only using names, so why cant Konami do this with WE/PES
That's the question, isn't it? I can understand football management games being allowed to use the team names because I've seen a Sports Interactive employee state that the license contracts contain the words "3D models" and "player likenesses", meaning that if your game is text only then you're okay to use the team names without having a license (excluding teams who don't use city names as their team name, hence why you don't see Arsenal called Arsenal in Football Manager - what are they called, London I think?).

But then This Is Football only had a FIFPRO license and they used the same team names as Football Manager - Arsenal were London but Liverpool were Liverpool. So I think it is just a case of Konami being "scared" of getting sued. As I mentioned and quoted on the last page (or possibly the page before), Codemasters have said what EA are doing is illegal, but they get away with it thanks to a heavyweight (and extremely expensive) legal team. Konami don't want to get sued, and they don't want to pay out money when they don't have to, i.e. when they can use fake team names and let you edit them yourself (I don't know if it's a Japanese thing but they are a very tight company when it comes to spending, or so I've read).

BTW, I realising you're not "arguing" - we all want to figure this out, so the more information that is exchanged the better!!

I think Arsenal are called Arsenal in Football Manager, Im quite sure they are actually, although I havent played it for a couple of weeks. Oh well, anyway, as long as Konami make a real next gen title this time around I will still buy it, and spend hours changing it all by hand, you cant stop that EA!

nice find thomas.

before i was skeptical about a worldwide release. but seeing as how online gaming has become so big with next-gen it might be smart to release it worldwide. just like EA do.

we will have to wait and see

i thought the whole point of WE getting released before PES is so that Konami can iron out any bugs aswell as make other necessary changes.

World Soccer Winning Eleven will be out on PS3!! YAY!!

funny how Konami states no replies when asked for progress on all of their games, while others will say that it's developing or ready or such...hahaha, just a blind point

WE/PES does have the Fifpro lisence that's why they can use player names and likeness. But that does not include team names as that's totally under the league's discretion. FIFPro will give games the use of PLAYER attributes but not team names. They are ok with city names and such, but Konami likes to avoid any possibility of a law suit and since everyone has been editable in the past, they'd like to keep it that way so the money can be kept in the production of the game rather than at court.

I am being optimistic.........no news good news. I really expect a killer app that could sell that expensive toy known as PS3.

I think tomorrow it is fifa day at least i read that on some forums. But 23rd should be our day!!!!!!!!!!!

The highlighted part says "World Soccer Winning Eleven Series" to be exact. Trying to clear things out in case you guys don't know thats all. :)
We know that already, no need your help, i ask to KAiWAi or Vanished and i have a perfect translation.

Salut Lami

Dunno who asked about translate a PS3 version... but at least we could translate player and team names, from a save game.

With ps2 version its always the same song, i will work on my freetime (currently near none) so start buying bags of patience :D

Dunno who asked about translate a PS3 version... but at least we could translate player and team names, from a save game.

With ps2 version its always the same song, i will work on my freetime (currently near none) so start buying bags of patience :D

I did not see this post. no way :) face it like a man a tell me that one week after launch, will be first playable translated patch on evo web. main menu and some of team settings during the game! tell that!! :mrgreen:

cant wait for nextgen pes but statistics showing that i have won 90 percent of games against my friends will officialy promote me to king of the street level. :)

Back
Top Bottom