Future Winning Eleven: PS3!!! discuss

looks great,the bodys of the players look more real compared to pes6 x box 360 version,the crowds look great,ronaldinho looks much better.
the pressmeeting is something i always hoped for,they have 4 more months to improve the detail,this can not go wrong.
the best just gets better.

One thing I'll say in hope that Konami sees these forums is that the croud is too dark, bright it up a little so it is a little more atmospheric.

how come CVG are saying that its comes on the PS3 1st yet IGN who broke the news don't mention anything about that...

Why can´t they put out a public demo on the PS3 network? Just imagine that. I would play nothing else (well, would need a PS3 first), but then again, people would probably go on about tiny little mistakes that every game as complex as this would have and Konami would fear for their good sales.

69869_dragao1_copy_122_443lo.jpg

i official retire from this thread, its been memorable.

Why can´t they put out a public demo on the PS3 network? Just imagine that. I would play nothing else (well, would need a PS3 first), but then again, people would probably go on about tiny little mistakes that every game as complex as this would have and Konami would fear for their good sales.

This game isn't as big as Halo 3 ;)

untitled44:

You're very right, it is the Master League: the symbol in the billboard behind him is the traditional "PES United" logo ;) (the blue thingie).

This could very well be the new "fantasista mode" that will make its' debut in JLWE2007 this coming August. I am so high on hopes for this mode that I've even made a custom Option File for PES6 to let me play a Master League with a single player using the player camera. Why did I need a custom Option File?

- You can only play well with the player camera in the training ground. All other stadiums suffer from a terrible slowdown, and makes the experience even more excruciating.

- You can only choose a stadium in friendly mode. All the other competitions take care of the stadiums themselves, so there was no way I could play through the Master League in the training ground only.

- You cannot set a club's stadium to be the training ground using the game's editor. I had to use PES6Editor, I think.

So I'm now playing through a Master League with my Sporting, playing as João Moutinho. It's more fun than I envisioned it to be, actually. Just lost in the semi-finals of the Cup, and we're at 2nd in our league, fighting to get promoted :) If anyone wants the Option File, I can upload it somewhere, though it is based in my home community's Option file (i.e. it has the Portuguese League).

Enough off-topics.

@Adonis and suff: you were right, thank you very much for leading our hype. Here is actual info... But honestly, I was really hoping for an actual release date :) Nonetheless, the AI improvements do promise a lot, let's see how they go.

@tukdude: apologies accepted, as far as I'm concerned.

Also, to whom it may concern, if you go to the IGN site, there are 3 more screens that aren't being shown here.

Cheers,

Paulo Tavares

Goodbye thread.

My last word: UGLY DISAPPOINTING NON NEXT-GEN GRAPHICS.

How the hell is this better than Fifa07?
Where is the money from Sony showing?
And HOW did this take 18 months????????

A patched PC version of PES6, with fifa's kits and user-made pitches looks much more superior to these rubbish PS3 screenshots.

And I thought they could actualy pull it off this time....

Looks like I was right all along. It will be PES6 Xbox 360 with some minor tweaks!

Oh and PS3 Nuts what happened to all the 19GB's? and the three times better than Xbox 360? fell a bit flat on its face dont you think :) Roll on FIFA 08 :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like I was right all along. It will be PES6 Xbox 360 with some minor tweaks!

Oh and PS3 Nuts what happened to all the 19GB's? and the three times better than Xbox 360? fell a bit flat on its face dont you think :) Roll on FIFA 08 :)

Aren't you being kind of hasty? ;)

Just looking at the logo behind the guy at the press conference. The League logo has 4 languages. I assume English, French, Spanish and Dutch. Does this mean the German league isn't in this years game again?

do you honestly think fifa08 is going to be any different then UEFA CL?!?!?!?

umm yep I actually think EA are clicking into gear with FIFA. UEFA was better than 07 so in theory 08 should be better than UEFA :)

Gomito has gone into fanboy territory now, he's not coming back. We've said over and over FIFA 07 was great, UEFA CL was better, so it only makes sense that FIFA 08 will be better again. And if PES7 is the same as PES6 he will be the first to say it's an amazing game.

I give up, but then this is a PES forum so it's something that should be expected. The FIFA forums are no better, exactly the same but vice versa.

Gomito has gone into fanboy territory now, he's not coming back. We've said over and over FIFA 07 was great, UEFA CL was better, so it only makes sense that FIFA 08 will be better again. And if PES7 is the same as PES6 he will be the first to say it's an amazing game.

I give up, but then this is a PES forum so it's something that should be expected. The FIFA forums are no better, exactly the same but vice versa.

I need a new footy game to enjoy till fifa 08 and pes2008 are released. Looks like you have enough knowledge on Fifa 07 and UEFA CL. I played Fifa 07 on the PS2 and i admit i liked the mamager mode, but 3-4 matches in the game became too easy and ended up winning both premiership and the fa cup, with both Doyle and Kitson on 30+ goals each :shock:

Is the 360 version the same? In all honesty mate, putting bias aside, is any of them really worth buying now? If yes, which one?

I need a new footy game to enjoy till fifa 08 and pes2008 are released. Looks like you have enough knowledge on Fifa 07 and UEFA CL. I played Fifa 07 on the PS2 and i admit i liked the mamager mode, but 3-4 matches in the game became too easy and ended up winning both premiership and the fa cup, with both Doyle and Kitson on 30+ goals each :shock:

Is the 360 version the same? In all honesty mate, putting bias aside, is any of them really worth buying now? If yes, which one?
The 360 version is a totally different engine. FIFA 07 on the PS2 and the 360 are totally different games. Not "a bit tweaked" or whatever, they are both literally different games, made by different teams. The PS2 games aren't better than PES, no way. But the next-gen FIFA/UEFA games are better than the next-gen PES - and I'm not the only one to think so.

FIFA 07 was good, the amount of control you have is fantastic, but there were a few problems that were offputting. Mainly, using stab-tackle would sometimes cause the players to "bump" and stop dead for a second, which was very frustrating, and if the CPU ever won a free-kick within ten feet of the edge of the area, they would score 99.999% of the time. UEFA CL fixes those two issues, and I still play it today.

In my opinion, UEFA CL is definitely worth having on the 360 - if not to open your eyes as to what Konami should be looking at improving (adaptive AI, incredible ball physics, freedom of movement, and best of all no cheats - you can outrun the defence, if the ball is out of a goalkeeper's reach it goes in, etc). If in doubt, grab the demo or rent it for a few days. Honestly, I used to love PES but after playing UEFA CL and going back to PES - well, I just can't. Everything is on rails.

That's not to say it's perfect; offline UEFA CL is my favourite game, versus the CPU and versus mates. Online is poor though because there's so many people who know a through-pass exploit, meaning your opponents just whack the ball up to the midfield, press through-pass and then they're likely to get a one-on-one with the goalkeeper. I prefer PES online.

But I'd give it a go if I were you.

JB Is right, I think more people should give uefa cl (360) a go before instantly dismissing FIFA 08, Its like Doctor Pepper, Try it. You might like it!

The 360 version is a totally different engine. FIFA 07 on the PS2 and the 360 are totally different games. Not "a bit tweaked" or whatever, they are both literally different games, made by different teams. The PS2 games aren't better than PES, no way. But the next-gen FIFA/UEFA games are better than the next-gen PES - and I'm not the only one to think so.

FIFA 07 was good, the amount of control you have is fantastic, but there were a few problems that were offputting. Mainly, using stab-tackle would sometimes cause the players to "bump" and stop dead for a second, which was very frustrating, and if the CPU ever won a free-kick within ten feet of the edge of the area, they would score 99.999% of the time. UEFA CL fixes those two issues, and I still play it today.

In my opinion, UEFA CL is definitely worth having on the 360 - if not to open your eyes as to what Konami should be looking at improving (adaptive AI, incredible ball physics, freedom of movement, and best of all no cheats - you can outrun the defence, if the ball is out of a goalkeeper's reach it goes in, etc). If in doubt, grab the demo or rent it for a few days. Honestly, I used to love PES but after playing UEFA CL and going back to PES - well, I just can't. Everything is on rails.

That's not to say it's perfect; offline UEFA CL is my favourite game, versus the CPU and versus mates. Online is poor though because there's so many people who know a through-pass exploit, meaning your opponents just whack the ball up to the midfield, press through-pass and then they're likely to get a one-on-one with the goalkeeper. I prefer PES online.

Interesting. Does it have manager mode though? Like the one in fifa 07 ps2 version? Or is it ONLY about champs league?

FIFA 07 has a manager mode, which is good but has the FIFA 07 faults I've listed and also deals in "credits" rather than actual money, which is weird. I had a lot of fun with it, but the bugs get so frustrating, so I wouldn't recommend it to you.

UEFA CL has a Champions League manager mode, but it is only Champions League games unfortunately. There is another career mode, where you're dealt random crap players and you have to progress through matches until your team is rated as "amazing" - not my kind of thing though, as it's just endless friendlies rather than a league (and it uses cards, which is just strange).

fifa uecl vs abox 360 pes6, i might even give fifa the nod there, maybe.. but what is sad, is that WE10JL shits on both of them...

FIFA 07 has a manager mode, which is good but has the FIFA 07 faults I've listed and also deals in "credits" rather than actual money, which is weird. I had a lot of fun with it, but the bugs get so frustrating, so I wouldn't recommend it to you.

UEFA CL has a Champions League manager mode, but it is only Champions League games unfortunately. There is another career mode, where you're dealt random crap players and you have to progress through matches until your team is rated as "amazing" - not my kind of thing though, as it's just endless friendlies rather than a league (and it uses cards, which is just strange).

Damn.. well what else is on it that is interesting? i don't play with mates so i'll need a good long league or manager mode vs CPU. Not sure whether to get it now..

The gameplay is what seals it for me, mate. The way that you move, the way that you have to direct your passes and your shots. In PES, if you press pass, it perfectly directs and weights the pass for you (unless you're playing the CPU and it has to fuck them up so that you lose). In UEFA, there is a "passing assist" bar, and you can turn this to zero and direct everything yourself. There's nothing better than directing a 40-yard pass to perfection and thinking "I did that, the CPU didn't do it for me", and then scoring a goal in the bottom corner because you aimed it there and slammed it in, with no help.

The Champions League mode is actually really good, and will last you until PES7/FIFA 08 is out (the CPU on World Class is really hard - unless you're one of those people who can beat every computer game out there with next-to-no effort, which I'm sad to say I'm not). There's a Challenge mode as well (2-1 down with five minutes to go, that kind of thing), there's the start-with-a-crap-team career mode... Put it like this, it's lasted me since it's release, and I will still be playing it until the new games are out.

Is your 360 online? If so then grab the demo, if not then you could rent it from Blockbuster for a few days. Of course, not everyone likes it (you'll find tons of them on here, being a PES board), but all of the people I know who have played PES and then played UEFA have stuck to UEFA ever since - apart from one guy who likes the cutback glitch with PES6 and loves winning.

Back
Top Bottom