GTA IV Online - PS3

HAHA

That must have been absolute shit!

-

2 possible reasons why a lot of hosts are setting up shit games

1 - They're stupid

2 - They're newbs

=

The ones that miff me off are those that turn aim assist off and then turn off blips and then turn the re spawn to 10 seconds and so on... and then 2 seconds into the game they quit!

-

Whole map DM/TDM is just wrong as well - even with maximum players in its still far far too big. Even an island is too big.

Things got a bit racy last night with the rocket launchers, didn't they Radiation? I remember those crazy jumps well by the way from post 172, me jaw dropped when you did yours first, haha!

ClassicD, god that Free Roam was fun, we seemed to bury the hatchet late on but I can't help recall the 2 best times I killed you :D First was you bailing out your car, seemingly hiding behind an empty car and me ramming that car over you - this all happened in about 3 seconds, sorry haha. And then there's the time on the carriageway, me going back and forth on the bike trying to run you down from a long drive-up whilst you stood there at your car door - then as I approached you for about the 7th time I could see the rocket launcher and thought "SHIT". But your aiming was like mine round the toilet and I decorated you with tyre marks.

Think we were even in the end though.

I remember the running me down in the car part --- ive no memory of the bike thing --- im guessing i was totally oblivious to your first few attempts and only spotted you when you killed me

I do remember getting mown down a shit load of times in that game and also managed to shoot down 3 choppers with rockets above that petrol station where everyone was gathered (the area where early in SP you climb up a building and then up a crane and then jump from rooftop to rooftop)

Had a good game this morning with some nice moments just before it dumped me back into the single players and then crashed and buggered the HDD

1 - Flew a chopper into the middle of the sky scraper area and landed letting some people out - we were trying to set up a road block and then ambush them from above. - i then went to land in the street but as i came down my propellers clipped the telephone poles so i quickly held R2 and moved left... but i ended up moving up too high and the blades hacked the 3 teammates on the edge of the building roof!

2 - I was chasing 2 people in a car on team DM and then were quite a bit ahead of me... they ended up going over a hill in the distance and then the blips stopped moving away - so i thought ill just burn it at them and run them over

As i came over the hill i hit a ramp - went into the air and then spotted the other guys floating in the ocean with their car sinking --- i ended up smashing down into one of them killing him and then spent ages with this other guy swimming around trying to find somewhere to get out of the water... which was boring and i ended up quitting back to the single player (bad mistake)

I remember the running me down in the car part --- ive no memory of the bike thing --- im guessing i was totally oblivious to your first few attempts and only spotted you when you killed me
I ran you down too? Haha. That bit of my post you've discussed is directed at ClassicD - but I'll happily do the same to you mate :DD Shall be on after 8 or 9 with the mic on

Yeah you splattered me with your bike as i was running around with the launcher --- now i see it was directed at ClassicD it makes sense i didn't see you try and try and try and try. I was just firing rockets and then heard that bike noise, turned and wham and off you went.

and i remember you killing me in your car - i had followed you near the motorway area - then some guy who was a blue blip came driving near and some cops - i jumped out of my car to shoot at the cops and you reversed over me, then drove forwards over me... then came up the side of the car i was getting into a squashed me between the car and your car.

It was just before i quit and climbed into bed
--

Can't play for a few nights now as my ps3's knackered thanks to gta crashing

What the fuck? Thats bad Radiation. Hope it's sorted soon.

I agree with you that an island really is too big, I only choose one when I'm hosting if have near-respawn on, it's not too bad then. Happiness Island is the best IMO.

I read even with the patch online still crashes out some times

Was this patch to fix online mainly or sort the lock up problems with offline?

I'm not sure man, but one things for sure, I hope they release a patch to fix this first patch, it's by far and away made it worse. Took about 12 goes for us to not get thrown out last night by the connection, plus I also encountered the game going silly, it left the black Starting Game screen and blurred into a Snes-style Liberty City landscape before going daft colours and crashing

wake up boys a new update for GTA IV will release today

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=137406

And girls! I'm definitely not a boy. :oooh:

Yeah it was a bit of a piss take last night wasn't it. I'm hoping they do get it sorted. I just don't get it when it says "connection to one or more players has been lost, returning to single player" about 10 times, but then I'm in another game lobby and the host leaves, and everything is fine... It doesn't make sense. You'd think it would be the host leaving that would mess things up.

I've been online in a game and the host has quit and someone else just becomes the host --- which makes that message confuse me even more

And worse still it doesn't send you back into a lobby - it sends you back to the single player mode

Same here, it's so strange and annoying. As I've said they best sort it soon, it's putting me off playing online a bit, and I loved it before I proper started fucking up.

Damn im really missing this game now as ive just seen the advert on the tv

I'm getting the " Connection to one or more players lost....." continually, regardless of what gamemode i try and play. I've just tried joining about 12 games...It's taking the piss.

I moved house and have no Internet because Virgin can't give me fibre optic internet in my new area so we have to swtich to Sky Broadband but first we have to pay BT £125 to get them to install/activate (blah, blah, blah) a phone line.

Its annyoing that they want to charge so much even though we've been BT customers for years.

Virgin told me I couldn't receive their service where we moved to in January - their website said we were out of the service area but if we phoned them they might be able to help - did that and someone said 'sorry there was nothing they could do'

Phoned my mate who works for them and he checked the area out --- he ended up finding the the homes across from ours have virgin so there shouldn't be any problems

He made a note of it and passed my details on and 2 weeks later virgin came out, did some digging and the week after that they were installing it in our house.

==

In other news - got GTA working with the patch - ill see you all online again

Last edited:
Yana - got your game invite - accepted it and it stuck on the 'starting game' screen!

Aw crap, sorry! :( I didn't think you'd just leave anyway, because it actually said you'd joined and you were on the list for a bit. Shame because it was a really good game lobby too.

And Tobi, I know what you mean, when we moved BT tried to get us to pay that £125 charge or whatever but we managed to prove to them our phone line was already active. Fucktards.

Anyone elses stats updated?

On my screen yours all have so im assuming you should be seeing your real stats

Yeah but I think my money keeps going back down a bit. I've been on two for ages now and I'm sure I've got more than enough for 3. Unless it's not saved it or something when it's crashed.

Ah... noticed that some not all of my stats have been updated - i've won a few DM games but my stats say ive not

Last night I was constantly getting a drop of connection to other players, or the game would freeze upon the start of the deathmatch or C&C, or when I finally had a working match there was 2 or 3 in the game so I got rather aggrieved and turned off. My stats are updating, but missing out some data at random times. I had three times on Sunday night where it crashed at the exact same point of a deathmatch, different lobbies. First two times it didn't save my stats, the third time it did!

Well, i'm getting rather fucked on vodka and shal be heading onto GTA for an hour or so in a few moments, probably easily tempted to turn the microphone on too, i've got a lot to say about internet twats, Ant & Dec and how much I hate buttering bread when I want a buttie, randomly. (is pissed)

Back
Top Bottom