Heavy Rain - PS3

well i have since bought uncharted and little big planet so still have them to play with uncharted 2

heavy rain i was shocked by the ending, and i am kind of determined
to save the kid

i think some of the key moments for me was when i pressed the wrong button or didn't win a certain struggle

so i may end up in the same scenario but i will play it again

yea happy i got the ps3 as fifa 10 clubs is ruined and thats all i used to play

Yep, I've played twice the game and even in my 2nd playthrough I didn't had any of these... If you play a secondth time, you'll discover great details here and there. Granted, the story is 75% the same, but to me it's the details that make the game great, and the chance to play individual episodes again and find that things could be done differently and see the outcome of all that different details at the end.

I've just completed GOW 3, and for all of the technical awesomeness it has, it didn't even scratch Heavy Rain as the most important and moving game I've played in years. Well, to be honest, I was even bored in some parts of GOW3, something never happened to me in Heavy Rain.

I prefer 8 hours of an absolutely emotional "interactive experience" to 15 hours of deja vu gamepla even if it has the best graphics and bla bla...

I add an interview with David Cage here:
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/4309/tense_questions_david_cage_on_.php

I really like most of his thoughts about the gaming industry, and as a veteran gamer, I really wish there was more people like him out there. For all the crap Molyneux has put in his mouth for the last 10 years instead of doing actual good games, David Cage has delivered one of my favorite games.

Last edited:
Is there some sort of code you get with this gamemon the oragami bird that comes with the game? What does it give you? And how do you get it

Well I never saw that ending coming, epic game and well worth another playthru just to see what happens when I make some very different choices

Is there some sort of code you get with this gamemon the oragami bird that comes with the game? What does it give you? And how do you get it

The origami bird is simply an... origami, I mean, I had the collector's edition which came with a code to redeem for the First DLC, a Madison chronicle. I'm not aware of any code related to the origami bird that you make during the install process.

Have you tried to play specific episodes again doing them different?

not had chance yet. got a few more games now

uncharted (which i am currently playing
uncharted 2
infamous
killzone 2
little big planet
MGS4
ratchet and clank - a crack in time

my son has been playing heavy rain and i have been watching/helping him a bit

will play it again soon ( i hope)

haha

one son is 6 and the other is 10 months

the 6 year old (nearly 7) is playing it and he is better than me at games.

he has got as far as
the dad cutting his finger off (don't call social services)

Jesus! I WILL call the social services! I hope at least he gets one of the good endings (that in which the father goes to prison for letting him play that game and do the things he has to do...).

Seriously, which are his reactions to the game, I'm extremely interested in it!

Jesus! I WILL call the social services! I hope at least he gets one of the good endings (that in which the father goes to prison for letting him play that game and do the things he has to do...).

Seriously, which are his reactions to the game, I'm extremely interested in it!

hahaha, love it....

he likes the game. he is doing quite well on it. he gets into the actions. he asks me what he should do and i tell him to make his own decisions which he has

when he was looking after shaun he made him a snack, let him watch tv and then got him to bed (i think). keeping to the times which i couldn't do

he played different things on the park with shaun before he got kidnapped.

he already knows who the killer is and says that's the killer, i'm the killer when he is playing as him/her

when i first played it and i was ethan and i had the choice to cut my finder off , her was DAD DAD don't NO NO don't do it... which i did.

when he played it, i said how far have you got. he told me where you cut the finger off. i asked did you do it? he said yea
and is not bothered by it.

he knows it is only a game but i am sure he appreciates the feeling behind it.

hahaha, love it....

he likes the game. he is doing quite well on it. he gets into the actions. he asks me what he should do and i tell him to make his own decisions which he has

when he was looking after shaun he made him a snack, let him watch tv and then got him to bed (i think). keeping to the times which i couldn't do

he played different things on the park with shaun before he got kidnapped.

he already knows who the killer is and says that's the killer, i'm the killer when he is playing as him/her

when i first played it and i was ethan and i had the choice to cut my finder off , her was DAD DAD don't NO NO don't do it... which i did.

when he played it, i said how far have you got. he told me where you cut the finger off. i asked did you do it? he said yea
and is not bothered by it.

he knows it is only a game but i am sure he appreciates the feeling behind it.

Now I'm as liberal minded as they come, but allowing your 6 year old play a 15 rated video game is simply wrong.

i wasn't looking for anyones opinion regarding morals etc. Liberal or not, not interested

i don't have to justify this and i wont but i will make a respone. it is a game and my kid is not going to be affected by it. If some kids are then maybe they have a screw loose already

:P

there is worse on films, worse seen on the streets

language spoken daily in schools is worse than on the game

this is a real world we live in, aslong as they know what is right and wrong then no worries

you might let your kid piss in the corner of a street, some people might not but you don't expect them to shout over "stop pissing in the corner"

you look after your kids i'll look after mine

Hey, I won't enter into that debate, as everyone is entitled to think and do as they please as long as laws are respected.

But tell me how the story unfolds for him and his reactions, it's interesting to know!

Heavy Rain is my game of the year so far. The game and storyline are fantastic do not go by the demo as the demo doesn't really give you the intensity of the full game. I agree it's not for everyone as you have to use your brain and actually care about the characters to get the most from it. The graphics were amazing and I could see what was trying to be achieved, but it really just didn't do it for me. The biggest spoiler was the FBI agent with the futuristic sunglasses, it just didn't fit in with the feel of the game.Basically this game has had me gripped since I first started it, playing a few hours each night and not wanting to stop as I wanted to see where the story took me. A game hasn't had that affect over me in a long time.

Fantastic game, quite good that you can load up the chapters, although obviously it will have some random start point, but can bring up a lot of twists on the story that maybe hasn't previously arisen.

FD

My first attempt at the game, brought around the following:-

As Ethan managed to complete all tasks upto the point of shooting the guy, after he showed the picture of the kids I couldn’t do it. Made out with Madison and ended up caught by the police at the Motel. Jayden was killed at the scrapyard by Mad Jack. However Madison managed to kill Shelby and rescue the kid who was re-united with Ethan and Grace (his mum).

After playing a 2nd time I decided to carry out all the tasks which also included killing the father that I had previously let go. The cop killed Shelby, and Madison and Ethan walked out with the kid (Shaun).

On completing the 2nd game I’m wondering about Jayden’s endings, if he can actually get a good ending due to his visions he was having at the end and that was without taking a single dose of the drug, with the exception of ‘solve the puzzle’ part were you get no choice.

I’m gonna try it a few more times with some choices I have already thought about to see how it changes the game.

FD

I got this game a few days ago and only tried it last night. I'm experiencing some tearing sometimes. Is that just me though?

I thought this game had amazing graphics when I played the demo.

I don't recall any tearing, maybe only in one or two specific moments, but nothing out of the ordinary.

Not sure if the PS3 game or video settings affects this, but any idea if I should turn off PS Upscaler and smoothing? They're always on for me.

Don't know, it never happened to me. Test some different configs. Hope you can enjoy the game anyway!

Not sure if the PS3 game or video settings affects this, but any idea if I should turn off PS Upscaler and smoothing? They're always on for me.

PS Upscaler & Smoothing is referring to PSone games when played on a PS3 and a HDTV. It wont have any effect on a PlayStation 3 platform title.

Don't know, it never happened to me. Test some different configs. Hope you can enjoy the game anyway!
I sure am. And I almost finished it. Found out who the origami killer is and I just can't believe it...
PS Upscaler & Smoothing is referring to PSone games when played on a PS3 and a HDTV. It wont have any effect on a PlayStation 3 platform title.

Ah thanks then Billy.

A lot of development that looked gorgeous in my oppinion! Though I understand their reasons, too, and I find they were right in cutting most of them, but I wouuld have loved the Madison scenes there, would have made more sense for the character. But could they put them in a DLC, for sure, isn't it?

I hate the fact they had to compromise and bring out a PSMove version instead of concentrating on more DLC as they promised.

Shame really.

Yeah. I was looking forward to more Heavy Rain Chronicles. The first one was great.

Finished this today.

My ending:

I went to look for Shelby and called Norman. He saved Shaun, then shot Shelby right before he was about to kill Madison. Ethan survived and escaped the motel, but lost a finger. I didn't shoot that guy who had the kids and I didn't drink the poison. Everyone survived.

Back
Top Bottom