Heavy Rain - PS3

So anyway... yeah I was shocked when it turned out that it was Hulk hogan who was the killer and he and Ghandi were behind it all!

reserved the ps3 to collect from argos tonight..

had £20 vouchers to, and you get £10 voucher back when spending £100

getting ps3 250gb slim, uncharted 2, heavy rain and a compatible controller for £324

best deal i could find right now, no doubt a better one will come out tomorrow

but im getting rid of 2 vouchers and getting 1 back

i have it now. waiting for my 10 month old son to go to bed then i will play

ps3 250gb slim, extra controller, uncharted 2 and heavy rain for £314 and also got rid of £20 worth of vouchers..

Last edited:
When trying Heavy rain, don't look at it as a conventional game, simply put it on and enjoy the experience, let the story unfold!

Uncharted 2 is a classic blockbuster game that everything it does, it's done before, but they do it better. But to me Heavy Rain was a different experience. People who approach it as a "game" (in the sense of doing jmuping, shooting, using objects, etc.. ) end a bit fustrated. People who wants to experience a story and doens't mind slo pace and love mundane details end up loving it.

Last edited:
Enjoy Bitter.

Drekkard's summary is spot on for both games, however I would add that the humour in Unchartered is a major factor in my enjoyment of it.

Anyway, sticking on topic, we look forward to hearing your views, if I hadn't switched to ps3 last October then I'd defo be doing it now as a result of HR.

i can see i am going to enjoy this game. defenately a game that will keep me interested. with being so involved in it.

not done alot of it yet but can see this is going to be mental

woooh

i have been on it for 5hrs and 45 mins

even with cracked ribs and pain killers lol...

this is my type of game

its a game you get in grossed in. there were times when i was panicing, hurt ribs a bit lol

not knowing what would happen if i got something wrong and things happening actually means something, where it isn't just a game (ok we know it is)

i need more games like this, i take it there is nothing else like this then...

yep, after all the praise we did, I really hoped you liked it. It's great playing 3 or 4 hours straight in the game, getting inside the characters more and more. Post your impressions and things you've experienced when you can, and when you finish the game, tou have the whole thread to surprise yourself.

its a game you get in grossed in. there were times when i was panicing, hurt ribs a bit lol

not knowing what would happen if i got something wrong and things happening actually means something, where it isn't just a game (ok we know it is)

i need more games like this, i take it there is nothing else like this then...

I'm not sure you're into this, but how about Yakuza 3? The story itself is good and has literally TONS of substories, plus minigames games like poker, roulette, blackjack, darts, pool, bowling, batting (baseball), karaoke, fishing, and some japanese gambling games like cee-lo, cho han and koi koi.

Have you tried real life? Bit wierd at first but after about 20 or so years you kind of get the hang of it and really get in to the characters etc. its like the Truman Show just not as realistic...

In other news....Shenmue!? :D

I'm sure you've already hit the stage where you're thinking about how to do things differently next time?

how much replay value is there?

maybe i should finish it first and then read through spoilers or will that ruin other potential endings or storys in this?

That's a very valid question.

The spoliers are best skim read in my opinion.

Once I'd finished I did that and spurred on by the amazing variety in story devlopment, found myself more keen to re-start than prior to doing so.

questiois it always the same killer though? or just different sequences/footage leading up to it

maybe answer in a spoiler

cheers

I'm on my iPhone mate so can't do spoliers (erm I think?) so you'll have to wait for drekkard or someone else to answer that for you.

The story is basically the same (otherwise it would be impossible to develop emotional bonds as they do through the game). But it's all the little and big details that make the difference.

The question you make, though, it's a critical one. I for once read the spoilers prior to my secondth play, and sometimes I wished I hadn't just to surprise myself with the subtle variations.

So, it's up to you really. But if you play a secondth time, I warn you to try to do things VERY differently. By the way, you can even play episodes separately, if you want to just test some scenes in which you didn't like the outcome. And you can even make a new save from a moment in your prior episodes, so if you want you can just play around different chapters independently just to see different outcomes. And things can change a lot in some scenes, mind you, while others remain almost the same.

I'm nearing the end of my second play through and I've almost doubled the amount of "levels" by doing things differently and/or better.

I still agree (with Drekkard) that this is an important game however, it is, in hindsight, the first draft of what could be the future of games.

It seems the story still has the same-ish direction no matter what you decide to do (often you cannot progress through a scene until you've done everything you're meant to do where I'd prefer you to not to have to do this).

Also, the story seems to make less sense with my second play through - for example
As I hadn't helped Laura at the beginning, she didn't appear until the build up to the watch-maker scene - there was no link as to what made them both go there whereas the first time I played, I saw the conversation about tracking down the typewriter.
and
there's a scene where the bad cop and Norman chase a bruiser through a market and freezer early on - there was no mention of that character prior to that scene - like what made them go looking for him?

Anyway, still loving it, but perhaps it isn't quite so deep as I thought it was, moreso, a book that your actions determine how many pages you read through (although I appreciate there are different endings per character).

just completed it, and was suprised by the ending

not sure how to explain how the story went for me

if anyone wants to ask me a question i will answer it

not sure if everyone has the same ending or not.

Hey Bitter, how did each character end up?

My two play thrus have provided completley different endings for every character!

Hey Bitter, how did each character end up?

My two play thrus have provided completley different endings for every character!
when i was the dad - i lost one son while getting a balloon and the kid got run over and died. eventually lost the other kid on the park who got took by the killer . kept trying to find the kid. chose to have his finger cut off. slept with maddison and got caught that night by the police and put in prison - eventually hung himself at the end of the game

the druggy policeman ended up fked up out of his face

maddison nearly caught the killer but was killed by him

the mother of the kid who shelby was with was left to drown in the car by me

the kid ended up dying and the killer walking free

the dad and the policeman ruined because of this- the dad hung himself and the policeman OD'd on drugs or was ruined on them

Last edited:
Nice one, some the same as my first play thru, some totally different.

And all totally different from my second play.

How do you feel about the game now you've finished it?

Are you happy you bought a ps3 now?

If I were you I'd play again as I experienced about twice as many scenes the second time around.

Nice one, some the same as my first play thru, some totally different.

And all totally different from my second play.

How do you feel about the game now you've finished it?

Are you happy you bought a ps3 now?

If I were you I'd play again as I experienced about twice as many scenes the second time around.

well i have since bought uncharted and little big planet so still have them to play with uncharted 2

heavy rain i was shocked by the ending, and i am kind of determined
to save the kid

i think some of the key moments for me was when i pressed the wrong button or didn't win a certain struggle

so i may end up in the same scenario but i will play it again

yea happy i got the ps3 as fifa 10 clubs is ruined and thats all i used to play

Back
Top Bottom