Heavy Rain - PS3

But if you set the PS3 to 1080p your TV shouldn't override it as that is what your telling it to play at

There is probebly automatic resolution setting on the PS3 somewhere i missed

fk it, I've just ordered it from amazon and paid them 8 quid to get this bugger to me by 1pm tomorrow.

it better be worth it!

But if you set the PS3 to 1080p your TV shouldn't override it as that is what your telling it to play at

There is probebly automatic resolution setting on the PS3 somewhere i missed

Not sure about the auto-resolution setting tbh but I'm sure resolution auto switches for me before playing any game.

Anyone else think that Scott Shelby is a dead ringer for Sam Allardyce?

sam-allardyce.jpg

heavy-rain-scott-shelby_172sb.jpg

Loving this game but haven't quite finished it yet so I'm unable to read all the spoilers in here.

My favourite non-footy game ever - beating UnChartered 2 by a whisker
mostly due to the lap dance scene ! I would be such a tart if I was a woman :P

Enjoy it! When you finish it, you can come back and read all the spoilers and you will have great fun simply by reading them. Which is your favorite character up to now?

Enjoy it! When you finish it, you can come back and read all the spoilers and you will have great fun simply by reading them. Which is your favorite character up to now?

Thanks, yes, I can't wait to read about the variations in events.

I prefer Ethan and Madison (although her for aesthetic reasons - what an ass!).

For Ethan
the scene just before Shaun disappears when you play with him in the playground and get him laughing etc - that almost brought a tear to my eye :DUMMY:

For Norman (only read this if you've finished the game)
He ended up dying - crushed at the scrap yard and I actually felt sick when "I" died!

I don't really enjoy Shelby at all - don't think the voice acting for him is too good.

So, I finished this last night.

Wow, what an experience.

I'll be straight back onto it as soon as the footy is over tonight.

I ended up with
Madison and Norman both dead. As soon as I woke up this morning I realised what I should have done to save Madison and that was
to throw the gas canisters out of the windows of Shelby's apartment :DOH:
and I so desperately wanted to stop
Ethan from hanging himself
but couldn't do anything

So I guess in the end I
failed quite bad

Reading some of the spoilers on here last night really shocked me how different things were - it looks like I missed out on whole scenes as a result of my ineptitude - for example
Norman being involved in the nightclub scene :SHOCK:

For the record, of a father of two I
got Shaun to do his homework and get to bed no problem at all !
- but as a father the Ethan story line really hit me quite bad and to have a GAME do that is bloody impressive.

Not sure there's enough spoilers in this post :ROLL:

In hindsight, Shelby's voice-acting is actually OK, it's just lip-sync that's slightly OTT for him.

The missus just phoned me and said Tesco have one left. I said I'm far too busy playing Battlefield 2 at the moment, and she said, "Yeah, but I might like to play it."

PMSL. Never played a PS3 or XBox game in her life. Still, she likes the concept and that it's a murder mystery style game.

So, cool.

Anyway, what I'm asking is, baring in mind she hasn't played on the console before, is it easy enough and intuitive enough for her to get into?

Anyway, what I'm asking is, baring in mind she hasn't played on the console before, is it easy enough and intuitive enough for her to get into?

I reckon so - I think the start has enough girly element to it to get her attention too (w/out knowing your wife obviously!)

Also, it seems Ben found a few flaws and negatives :

The Escapist : Video Galleries : Zero Punctuation : Heavy Rain

:LOL:

That IS funny but it does contain some references to what could be considered spoilers in my opinion so for those yet to play it either watch it drunk or not at all IMO :))

I thought his last point was a bit far fetched. Why play any game ever again once you finish it once and know the story?

Fun maybe? But the constant moaning this guy does just makes me wonder why he plays games at all. It seems no matter how good the game is he finds the flaws and moans about them. You'd think he'd just give up and do something else for fun, except he doesn't know what fun is.

I reckon so - I think the start has enough girly element to it to get her attention too (w/out knowing your wife obviously!)

That IS funny but it does contain some references to what could be considered spoilers in my opinion so for those yet to play it either watch it drunk or not at all IMO :))

Cheers mate. Also, edited my post with a Spoiler warning. Good call.

I thought his last point was a bit far fetched. Why play any game ever again once you finish it once and know the story?

Fun maybe? But the constant moaning this guy does just makes me wonder why he plays games at all. It seems no matter how good the game is he finds the flaws and moans about them. You'd think he'd just give up and do something else for fun, except he doesn't know what fun is.

Well, Ben slags off every game in a "funny" kinda way. I think one of the only games he's actually enjoyed is Saints Row 2.

So, I finished this last night.

Wow, what an experience.

I'll be straight back onto it as soon as the footy is over tonight.

I ended up with...

I'm very glad you liked it. This game is special, I can't understand how many people won't even touch it because there's no action, when in fact I find myself avoiding a lot of action games because there's no emotion in them.

What makes this game awesome is the fact that some of the things you lived I haven't even seen them, and I've played it twice already. Very very intrigued by the way Ethan ended his story in your playthrough.

I can't stress enough about this game being one of the most important games of the last 5 years.

Very very intrigued by the way Ethan ended his story in your playthrough.

Really? OMG - that's amazing that you've finished it twice and not encountered this!

I can't stress enough about this game being one of the most important games of the last 5 years.

Indeed, I really understand why you say that.

It takes a special game to make me want to play any game more than once, UnChartered2 included.

Brilliant stuff.:WORSHIP:

The ONLY gripe I have is that some of the scenes that needed precise walking were a bit awkward. If they refine the system for walking (fundamental I know) then I wouldn't have anything to moan about and I like a good moan.

Last edited:
This really didn't grab me, which is surprising as I'd consider it my kind of game. The story wasn't that great and it mostly reminded me of a TV movie.

I did like the bond you create with some of the characters and did appreciate the style they were aiming for but it felt a little flat to me. I ended up taking it back anyway.

Just to balance out the praise a little. ;)

I played The Taxidermist last night and it was a decent experience.

It does have 7/8 different endings but I hope they price it right, only lasted about thirty minutes.

How do you get the taxidermist DLC?

It says it's in my Downloaded Content but then forwards me to the PS Store and it's not there.

You need to have a limited edition version of the game which was only available from HMV. With it was a voucher code that gave you the DLC, a theme and the official soundtrack. For regular edition people, the first DLC is available on April 1st.

finished it and wow. just fantastic. never felt so much emotion playing a game before. Well done and a benchmark for gaming. If your on the fence get it. just awesome 10/10

Have you read all the spoilers in this thread? Why don't you post your experience and different things that happened to you? Glad to see you enjoyed it!

I will drekkard I'm on my iPhone just now so can't use spoiler tags but will do. Still in awe of the design o this game. Superb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom