Madden NFL 11

Re: Madden NFL 2010

I just read that online franchise is free for brand new copies. An activation code comes with every copy. DLC for people who buy pre-owned copies.

Balls to that. Just as well I don't play this online, really.

Shame you didn't get into Madden, Chris.

EDIT; Just read kobashi's post.

I just read that online franchise is free for brand new copies. An activation code comes with every copy. DLC for people who buy pre-owned copies.

Thats a relief. Although EA not allowing Euro and US gamers to play in the same online franchise mode is a joke.

Two people on OS have bought new copies and there were no codes inside, Jamezinho does your manual have a code?

Right.

I'm in the game and have selected 'online franchise'. You have the option to purchase or redeem code. It's says 'Enter the code on the back of the manual to enable your Xbox Live account for Online Franchise access. If the code has already been redeemed, you may purchase the content using the purchase option to the left.'

*Checks back of manual for code*

Surprise, surprise: no code. Unless I'm being thick, that is, but all I see is the usual hints code and registration code.

Looks like we have to pay for it. Oh well, not a feature I'm bothered about.

Terrible, I'm not paying for it.

FIFA will be the next game to have boost DLC.

EA will have to provide codes for people if they're saying it should be on the manual but it isn't.

EA will have to provide codes for people if they're saying it should be on the manual but it isn't.

Damn straight. While I wouldnt say that mode was a decider for me the fact that it should be on there means I want it. I aint paying for that, no way.

No it's not me, I was just searching to see if I had missed the code and anyone else was having the same problem. Then I saw this on the EA forum. It will be interesting to see what EA have to say.

I'm surprised Eurogamer haven't got it on their news yet, they'd ask EA and get EA's take on it.

From OS

I spoke to EA sports UK customer service earlier...

They refused to help or comment until tomorrow because i shouldn't have the game already.

So i have to ring back tomorrow.

I'll phone tomorrow too unless its an 08.. number.

Quality customer service providing help for someone who's paid money for their game, regardless of it "officially" out tomorrow :ROLL:

That aside, I'm really impressed with the new Madden. It feels slower and more sim-like - previous Maddens were too quick - and the players feel weightier and like they have more momentum. Some of the crunching tackles and the way the players collide with one another is a big step up from 09. As a quarterback you get more time, especially as there is actually a pocket now.

The presentation is top notch, too. The menu's are a huge improvement. I hope Fifa 10 looks this good.

I think I might just pick up 2k5 for £3 off play as I've never played that and always hear it's like the best of the best.

I don't have a 360 anymore but I have a friend who has a PS2 save file with updated rosters that he has converted into a PS3 save file so I can play it on there.

From the videos I'm looking at on youtube graphics aside 2K5 just seems to have tons and tons of cool touches to it that I'm failing to see in Madden. And seeing as the teams/rosters mean little to nothing to me (as in currently I have little to no idea of the best players/teams so anything in 2K5 that's out of date badly today won't stick out like a sore thumb to me)

that guy is jokes.. "we need jesus"

Seriously though, EA are taking this piss with that Madden shop!!

I was looking on the youtube messages and noticed someone say the online franchise is free in the US but not Europe.

Last edited:

that guy is jokes.. "we need jesus"

Seriously though, EA are taking this piss with that Madden shop!!

I was looking on the youtube messages and noticed someone say the online franchise is free in the US but not Europe.

That's true, I mentioned this earlier on this page.

Regarding the Madden shop: it's a disgrace. I'm looking at the exact screen now. I hope this isn't the start of a new trend. How many of people would pay real money to buy a world class fitness coach in Fifa10 manager mode?

Gentlemen, I fear we are at the top of a slippery slope.

:CONFUSE:

World Class training staff.

:LOL:

It's already on tiger woods. People can buy clothes for their characters and skill points with real money. Just cause it's there doesn't mean you need to buy it just earn it and don't be a lazy fucker.

Back
Top Bottom