Madden NFL 11

Re: Madden NFL 2010

It's already on tiger woods. People can buy clothes for their characters and skill points with real money. Just cause it's there doesn't mean you need to buy it just earn it and don't be a lazy fucker.

So you would happily pay real money to buy a Goalkeeper scout in Fifa 10 for instance?:? Because that is the equivalent of what is happening here. You can't earn it, you have to pay for it.

It worries me that some people see no problem with this when you've already forked out £40 for the game. We are in a recession as well. They shouldn't be charging for things that were free in the game last year.

Confirming I meant don't buy it. Sorry to confuse. Can you not acquire these things in game without paying for them?!!

Many of these things are like stat boosters which doesn't bother me but things like scouts you shouldn't have to pay for. You can still increase the level of your medical staff and physios in franchise mode but as far as I understand to get the top level ones you have to pay.

It would be like EA charging for a 10/10 fitness coach in Fifa.

Ah right. That's not on, shouldn't be charging for xtras.

Its like paying for a stripper and having to pay xtra for her to get naked.

I can't imagine you wont be able to get the World Class coaches during the game anyway, this is just a way of getting them without putting in the effort during the game.

It's definately happened in Tiger Woods 09 where you could pay to unlock stuff but you could still earn it during the game if you put the hours in.

It's already on tiger woods. People can buy clothes for their characters and skill points with real money. Just cause it's there doesn't mean you need to buy it just earn it and don't be a lazy fucker.

But on Tiger's its all unlockable as well.

Message on EA Forum
Hey guys,

Just want to jump in and share that we're aware of the issue. It's not something that was intentional and we're working to resolve this quickly. I'll let you know when I have some details on how this is being addressed.

Last edited:

Australia, homeland of beloved former Chargers punter Darren Bennett, got Madden NFL 10 a day earlier than the rest of the world - part of that whole day-ahead, winter-is-summer, up-is-down, toilets-flush-in-reverse thing. But they didn't get free Online Franchise codes.

EA Sports spokesman Rob Semsey confirmed that the codes were, mistakenly, not printed on the instruction manuals for some regions outside of North America. "We are investigating what regions this is affecting and will provide a solution once we have more details," he says.

Oz gamers on the GameFAQs forums complained earlier today that the PAL version of Madden NFL 10 shipped with the same promise of an online franchise mode but no code printed on the manual to unlock your 10 franchise entitlements. Ordinarily it costs 800 Microsoft points. But hold your horses on starting an online dynasty until EA Sports responds to this, because it's easier to collect a free chit than seek a refund.

UPDATE - EA Sports' Rob Semsey has said "For those Madden 10 owners outside N.A. that don't have an online franchise code on your manual...we are working on a solution. Stay tuned". So...stay tuned!

http://kotaku.com/5337097/aussie-madden-has-no-free-online-franchise-codes-heres-mine-[update]

That's good news.

I just traded in inFamous, PES 2009 and Top Spin at HMV and got £53, their selling Madden for £44.99 but I can't complain.

I'm off to Asda to pick this up at lunch. I'd love to join an online franchise with any other PS3 users here but I'm not sure when I'll be able to get internet at my new flat so I'll have to give it a miss :(

I'm in the 3rd quarter of my first game, running the ball is very satisfying and I miss TO.

I never played that game so I can't say yes or no.

So anyone with any thoughts on it?

I started the franchise mode but soon realised I need play some quick games to get used to this. I Havent played a NFL game since 2K3 and never really played a madden game so well out of practice.

Anyone know how to call a fair catch on punt/kick off returns?

I can't see it in the manual.

Triangle doesn't work.

The Cowboys defense is awesome.

EDIT: The fumble QTE is complete bollocks, my guy was about to pick up the ball but the QTE kicked in and the Packers won the ball. I'm turning it off.

Last edited:

The Kotaku review said to turn that QTE off straight away as it's so pointless and you never win.

So far I've played three and lost them all partly due to some silly mistakes on my part.

The running game is awesome, passing wise I'm still adjusting to not having TO, Roy Williams is a big target though so it shouldn't take long till we click.

In my latest game I managed to score two kick off returns, I've never done that before, I was jumping up and down :APPLAUD:

I'm using these sliders at the moment, it still needs tweaking though.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/8448995

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/8448971

^ Horrible compression.

good old blockbuster. went today to pick it up after paying £5 and pre-ordering it went as follows -

Me - Good morning, can i get my pre-ordered copy of madden 2010 please.
Female Staff - Yes goes and gets 360 version.
Me - No i ordered it on PS3.
Female Staff - We dont have it in on that
Me - Will you phone me when it comes in>
Female Staff - It will just be on general sale so keep checking
Me - But i have paid a fiver for it and its pre-ordered.
Female - a blank look and then, we'll phone you when its in.

FUCKING USELESS.

I'm off to Asda to pick this up at lunch. I'd love to join an online franchise with any other PS3 users here but I'm not sure when I'll be able to get internet at my new flat so I'll have to give it a miss :(

If you get it on Xbox I'll do an online franchise with you?

That game has been in the making for a longgg time, if it ever comes out I doubt whether it will be this year.

Oh I don't mind waiting, I've ordered 2K5 and APF 2K8 to play in the meantime for my NFL fix.

Back
Top Bottom