Madden NFL 11

Re: Madden NFL 2010

1 - Yes, the mode hasn't changed much.

2 - You can change the play at line of scrimmage or by pressing start and going through the options.

I finally sent a semi long pass to Roy Williams today, I changed his route a tiny bit, I told to to fade.

On the PS3 you press :square: and a list of extra plays pop up on screen.

that would be x on the 360, but that would throw to the x reciever....i mean in play, after the snap, i'm sure in 09 if you used the right analog stick you could look in diff directions.

that would be x on the 360, but that would throw to the x reciever....i mean in play, after the snap, i'm sure in 09 if you used the right analog stick you could look in diff directions.

I don't recall that. I don't find it necessary to look side to side after the snap. Generally everything is in front of you and in view.

another thing to frustrate though completely my fault, getting impatient pre snap double tapping a and finally snapping it then throwing it to 'a' reciever who is obviously not facing the ball, interception, touchdown, done it about 3 times. also the coaches play calling seems retarded.... i'm trying to persist but so many things are getting to me!

another thing to frustrate though completely my fault, getting impatient pre snap double tapping a and finally snapping it then throwing it to 'a' reciever who is obviously not facing the ball, interception, touchdown, done it about 3 times. also the coaches play calling seems retarded.... i'm trying to persist but so many things are getting to me!

Yes, that is fucking annoying. Sometimes it's worth keeping a rewind or two handy for when stupid things like this happen.

They need more tackling animations.I want to knock the man cold atleast once in the season,leaving him down flat out like in real football.A little blood into the mix would'nt hurt either.

I mean knock the cunt out,i hit them with the right stick most tackles but the KO animation is'nt there.I do not want the fool to get up mate.

The NFL wouldnt allow that now, if you want that, dig out a Blitz game from somewhere or hell even the old MD Madden games when the Ambulance came on the pitch and flattened everyone to fuck.

after all my complaints i still completed a season in superstar mode as qb of the redskins, went from 3-4 to a 13-4 season winning the superbowl and having a stormer in the half i was given of the pro bowl...cue more disappointment, no acknowledgement of winning/ celebrations jsut standard end game, then after simming for a month it says 'you have won an award', doesnt tell you what it is or where it is, then proceeds on, i simmed 2 more months of nothing happening and can't be bothered again... rubbish.

I take it all back this game is woeful, any news on when patches are going to released to correct the many flaws in this game?

So annoying!!!!

Patch 1 details.

* Added Super Bowl and Playoff field conditions in Online Franchise

* Fixed false start griefing issue with online games

* Fixed video player issues (sometimes video would hang) in Online area

* Improved quality of uploaded video highlights

* Switched ranked online games to seven minute quarters

* Random stability fixes

* Added broadcast camera

* Tuned slider effectiveness

* Made fatigue affect ratings more

* Tuned broken tackle chances

* Reduced/removed holding on kick attempts

* Improved-toe drag catch logic

* General pursuit improvements

* Man coverage improvements

* Fixed double pass online exploit

Pasta Padre

So so list.

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/dor/objec...videos/madden10_spc_superbowlhigh_020310.html

You watch this and realise quite how shit this game actually is, there's no impression of speed and everyone runs like a robot.

Just thought i'd post it so i reminded myself not to get tempted to play it again after the super bowl...!

The running animations need work. There's no difference in running style between a gazelle-like wide receiver and a massive linebacker.

madden_ps3_2011_rpboxart_160w.jpg

Release Date:
US: August 10, 2010
Europe: August 2010
Australia: August 2010

August is not far off now so here's some early info:

IGN preview: http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/107/1079303p1.html

Official site: http://maddennfl.easports.com/home.action

Madden NFL11 developer's blog: http://maddennfl.easports.com/blog.action

Nothing in the trailer impressed me, the game looks like it needs major work

Good thing Brees is on the cover, now the curse can wipe him out

2011 looks disgusting. Same robotic looking crap with bad low resolution looking graphics. This franchise should just roll over and die and let others take the helm. I am done with this franchise and hope that competition can make an appearance next year.

The debut trailer was lacklustre.

Drew Brees won't be caught out by the curse, he's my fantasy QB!

Last edited:
I enjoyed Madden 10 but there is plenty of room for improvement. They Madden team need to speak to the Fifa team about animations. Madden's running animation is horrid and the blending between different animations has been poor for some time now.

It's good to see that they are working on the positional awareness of receivers near the sidelines.

The demo is up on Marketplace/PSN Store.

Just wanted to say credit to EA for letting us play a full game with 5 minute quarters. If they can do this with Madden they why not 10 minute matches in the Fifa demo? Same goes for PES.

Is it any good? Does it actually feel like the players are running this year?!

I've only played one game so far as it takes about 30 mins to finish so it's difficult to put my finger on what exactly has changed. Whatever EA have done, it's very subtle. I need to put a couple of hours into this and report back. But the running does feel as though it has been tweaked for the better, the running game is more effective and the players feel a bit more solid.

There's some nice changes to the presentation of the game giving it more of a broadcast feel. And the new Gameflow feature is nice - it's a bit like 'ask Madden' but instead your plays are chosen by the defensive/offensive co-ordinator and they talk you through the play over the radio.

I've only played one game so far so I can't give a definitive opinion but to me it feels a bit weird.

Some players feel like their being held back when their running but on the other hand I did complete a very nice 70 yard TD to Pierre Garcon and he left his man for dead.

Also Gameflow is nice, I tried it with my headset and it feels good, its not perfect though, sometimes the guy won't finish his sentence.

The new kick meter is OK but I don't understand why once again the kicks themselves are so weak.

Last edited:
I didnt play M10 but I loved this demo. The Gameflow is perfect for a noob like me. It feels right. It's a bit hard to go through defenders but I will keep practising.

I wish i could turn off those annoying reflexes. I feel the visual are getting worse with all that extra stuff actually.

Gameplay wise: i found it a bit dull tbh. but i'am not a big fan of the sporty

Back
Top Bottom