Madden NFL 11

Last edited:
Re: Madden NFL 09 (Xbox 360)

Hmmm no in-game saves is a bit of a let-down :(

Wouldn't that be like pausing FIFA after 60mins and saving it though?!

Most people play Madden as 10 min quarters, and just like real life, they last more than 10 mins. Usually a game lasted me around 45 mins on Madden/NCAA/APF so it'd be good if you were 25 mins into the game and you need to save the game or something.

ESPN NFL 2k5 and APF both had in-game saving if I remember correctly.

Oh right cool, I get ya. Yeah I guess this is the type of game you could play with real time. In real life it's 15 mins quarters right?

Yep, but depending how deep you want to get into the game, you could use up all of the game clock in between plays so the quarters could last a LOT longer than fifteen minutes in reality.

It's not a game-breaker not having this feature but it certainly is nice and is a feature I've been grateful to have before in the ESPN and APF games I mentioned.

Yeah, you can't beat a bit of clock management :COOL:. Imagine Sir Alex Ferguson managing an NFL team :lmao:.

Last but not least on the chopping block is the newfound interaction between NFL Head Coach, Madden and the all-new Fantasy Football product that will be on Xbox Live and PlayStation Network in time for the start of the season. The Fantasy Football download will be available for 1200 Microsoft Points (or $15 on PSN) with live stat tracking available for an additional 400 MP ($5). While drafting your fantasy squad isn't possible online just yet, you and your friends can sit in your living room, pick your squads the same as you've done in the past and then upload them to EA's online fantasy website. There are video clips that will play after picking the top 60 or so players with stat summaries from the previous season to let you know what you can expect in the coming year. You can also load that team into Madden and use it as a standard fantasy draft squad.

I'm tempted by this for some unknown reason.

Madden NFL 09 releases on every videogame system known to man (original Xbox included) on August 12.

:LOL:

I heard on the latest Sports Anomaly podcast that the online leagues in 09 is not want it seems. Basically everyone is ranked 1-32, there are no divisions.

Bad decision there EA.

Think I'll get the demo. But as for the final game there is not enough improvement since 08 to justify forking £40 for it.

I heard on the latest Sports Anomaly podcast that the online leagues in 09 is not want it seems. Basically everyone is ranked 1-32, there are no divisions.

Bad decision there EA.

WTF is this euro footie! thats stupid as shit

Apparantly the NCAA 09 demo is on the US PSN Store?

Full game is £33.45 delivered from Videogamesplus.ca too :TU:

Last edited by a moderator:

I've seen some player ratings and I can't understand why so many players have 90 or higher ratings. Its as if EA don't want to offend anyone, how are you supposed to differentiate between the good, bad and the ugly if everyone has high ratings?

Apparantly the NCAA 09 demo is on the US PSN Store?

Full game is £33.45 delivered from Videogamesplus.ca too :TU:

Yeh it is Dags and I had a quick go the other day and it played really well, much improved over last years installments of EA's US football games.

Yeh it is Dags and I had a quick go the other day and it played really well, much improved over last years installments of EA's US football games.

Excellent, will play it tonight, thanks for the input mate :TU:

Re: Madden NFL 09

I'm playeing the NCAA demo and I like it, the running animations don't look 100% though.

I thought NCAA was pretty good too, though I'm crap :((

You think the pace of the game is a bit too fast?

I agree that its a bit too fast, it feels and plays like Madden Jr.

Message boards and forums are livid at EA and NCAA Football 09, whose problems apparently go well beyond EA Locker corrupting the roster files. AOL Fanhouse went through the boards and made a full accounting, and it's grim.

• Sliders are borked. The CPU sliders do nothing. Human sliders affect both CPU and human. Level playing field!
• Online dynasty mode is borked. It sometimes simulates games that have been played by humans.
• Super-sim is borked: Using it to fast-forward through a blowout can add many more plays than would actually happen in the football game, and produce extremely lopsided final scores.
• Kick returns are borked.
• The new player speed model is causing huge problems with pursuit angles by CPU-controlled players.

I have the game but I have not played it intensively enough to discover these issues. But if these issues are on the level and, worse, if some gameplay mechanics are not patchable, then it's an almost unforgivable shame. Especially regarding sliders — how can something like that get through QA? How can the super-sim glitch go unnoticed?

And that's to say nothing of the rosters fiasco, for which EA says a patch is coming soon. The roster editing community is equal parts anxious and furious. Two for-profit sellers have put out files that they say are workable, but there is a good chance EA's patch could invalidate any file that predates it, screwing both the sellers and anyone who bought it.

While not Madden, I've always felt NCAA Football was in many ways a better game, because of the deeper catalog of teams and the richer offseason activity of recruiting. But on the next-gen titles it's been a wipeout, starting with versions that had fewer features than the Xbox and PS2 versions, and today still have nowhere near the level of cinematic detail that made it such an immersive game. Following that with a game that has this many bugs is, for devotees of the series, frustrating to no end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNk3z4G-P3U

That boy really has some stamina! I think I'll pass on NCAA 09 then :ROLL:

homer_simpson_doh_02.gif

Just noticed Tecmo Bowl is coming out on the DS :DD

I'm sorry but this game's vids I've seen look crap. They look like the same old, same old. Animations still look crap and robotic in transition. EA Madden folks remind me of the NOKAMI boys, lazy bums.

Also, the annoucers sound lifeless. Why is so hard for developers to add life in the announcers commentaries? Why do they sound uniterested and boaring...

Also,why can't they just add more life to the atmosphere. The fans sound like the fans from the early PS2 Madden games. 4th and 1, 3rd and 1, 3rd and inches etc..why can't the fans sound realistically loud to the point where you can't hear yourself think when you are going for a big play at an away stadium. Atmosphere people, get it right.

Peace!

I will undoubtedly buy it just in the hopes that it has taken a significant step forward but given EA's seemingly endless wranglings between simulation and mass-market appeal I am sure this game will not meet expectations. I gather the main focus is on improving the passing game which was the horrific flaw in the last game. Hopefully the QB will actually throw the ball deep for once.

I still play NFL 2k5 myself there have been some great patches made for the old xbox version and I can play it on the 360 with updated rosters and 08 draft class etc.. so if 09 sucks I will stick with that but fingers crossed.

Demo out on XB Live, all regions, so suspect its on PS3 too.

Its today or tomorrow, I was wrong about the demo :JAY:

No Madden demo on the EU PS3 store - probably will be on the US store later on

Back
Top Bottom