Madden NFL 11

Re: Madden NFL 09

It has the Madden IQ set up, which you play through so the game adjusts to your strength and weaknesses, however, I think you can only play a single 'Madden Moment' which is basically win the Superbowl with the Giants like last year. I managed to do it once in about 10 goes. Overall, I dont see much change from last year, sure the colour palette is a little different, and there is a few more animations, but tis not 35 quids worth of difference I dont think, plus I think it has the bucked up Online League system still.

Wow...I Played the demo and I can't beleive how similar it is to last year's pathetic game. I think EA have reached the end of their gameplay limit with Madden like Konami with PES. The game still feels very scripted in every way. Players still have those repetitious animations from last year and you still see players get sucked into certain animations when tackling. Overall I'm very dissapointed and definately will not give my money to EA this year for Madden.

The only good thing in this game are the graphics. Many things are still the same in the gameplay. Tackling seems scripted and you don't ever feel like your making the tackle. The sound effects when hitting someone with the hit stick is laughable and arcadish. The crowd still has no influence or isn't loud enough when making big plays. Again, game feels very scripted and far from realistic.

Be warned..

Haven't had a chance to grab the demo yet. Just been looking on the Operation Sports forums and the impressions there are pretty negative, this isn't looking good :((

Anyone else starting to think the whole Brett Favre thing is a marketing ploy by EA? Lastest rumours of a 20 Million payoff by Green Bay NOT to play but be an employee for the next 10 years with them.

Played the Demo again for 2hrs and I am convinced that this game has nothing new to offer. Jumping for a catch does not exist in this game. I have taken control of my receiver on many plays and pressed "Y" repeadedly but my receiver does not make any attempt to jump for a high ball. This is one of the beautiful things NFL 2K games had. Receivers used to leap for high balls realistically while you were in control of them. What a waste of Disc space this game will be. I really hope this demo IS NOT the true representation of the final product.

(Walks to his Xbox360 and deletes the demo in disgust)

I've been playing the demo and the Madden IQ thing is a good thing but why on earth does it have to be holographic, are they trying to show off? Also the Madden Moments which I still haven't done successfully yet is annoying, why cant we just have 4 2 minute quarters like the NCAA demo instead?

I never played 08 so I'm not accustom to the things you are mentioning but I'm still looking forward to the game.

If you didnt play 08, then it will be an upgrade game wise time, Madden demo's only ever gave you a half before, sometimes it was only 1 min quarters too. The Madden IQ is done like that so it's like your doing a virtual test I guess, doesnt really seem to help anyhow, I was rubbish at passing in it, and come game time, I wasnt getting it any easier, so maybe it dont save it in the demo. The Madden Moment is hard, I only achieved it once, plus you dont actually get to play Defence either.

Apparently the game has no CPU sliders and one of the devs admitted on the OS forums that EA messed up, that sucks.

Just cause Madden is shite doesnt mean FIFA will end up like this. FIFA's team from what ive seen our looking to improve from what ive seen.

EA killed off their NFL competition and the same can't happen in football for many reasons.

Ah for fucks sake, i'm supposed to get this as a present when it comes out but i really dont know whether its worth it now.

I wouldnt bother Dags, certainly read a few reviews first, there is gotta a few next week, the game is out the following week. I just think they went, oh 20th anniversary, we gotta do x, y and z this year, and then with no All-Pro they took the eye off the ball abit and in the end, it doesnt feel different enough to last years, and seemingly a few bugs and glitches are being leaked.

Just cause Madden is shite doesnt mean FIFA will end up like this. FIFA's team from what ive seen our looking to improve from what ive seen.

why not fifa was shit for years after being pretty decent back in 1998...

you guys dont think its possible for EA to acquire exclusive licenses for all the leagues... i do

It is possible but back in the day of PES1/2/3 EA had all the licenses but it didn't stop Konami from making their game, that's my point.

Exactly, If FIFA made all the license's exclusive it wouldnt make as much impact as it does on Madden as we'll play the better game and not as many footie fans are License-whores ;))

Darn it! I really want to like this game and be excited at it's launch date. But after having played the demo again, I just can't seem to grow any excitement what's so ever. I mean there are sooooo many crap problems with the gamplay that it really gets under my skin. I mean receivers don't ever jump in a realistic way for a high catch. When your receiver catches a long bomb, you don't get that sensation or feeling that your receiver actually caught the ball. I want to see arms stretching going for ball..I want to see arms stretching jumping for the ball. I want to see receivers stretching their arms on the run, catching the ball by the tip of their fingers, and pull it in to their chest as they rumble and stumble progressively to the ground as he loses his balance.

I want to see receivers awareness of the sidelines...I want to see head/tracking as they run and look back for the ball while in the air. I want to see a realistic bump and run off the line, a quick juke and acceleration as the WR flies past his man. I want to hear the announcer's voice increase in excitement as the player is running and could-go-all-the-way..Chris Bergman style.

I want to hear the stadium crowds go crazy after a big play/touchdown/flag etc.. I want to hear cow bells, screams, whistles, boos and random voices screaming in disgust or encouragement for their team.

I want to actually feel like I am in full control of my receivers, running backs, defense etc..I want to really see and hear big hits as I feel the controller vibrate from the impact. I don't want to see any more canned animations please!!!

I want true to life improvements..realism, variations in player animations based on their position. I want more player interactions/chatter on the sidelines..I want to see from time to time helmets fly off...I want to hear the sound of a laser pass as it slams into a receivers chest. I want to see the receiver recoil from this laser pass as it pounds into his chest.

Basically, I want a whole new game engine with better ball physics, state of the art animation technology with a true representation of NFL football.

I want to be able to feel the hits, tackles, catches, kicks, throws via my controller. I want to feel like I am actually in the game under a lot of pressure on a big play while the fans are going banannas on a 4 and 1. I want to be put in the game and feel it!

I want a realistic state of the art technology football sim game. I'm tired of playing the same crap from EA year after year.

I'm tired of it...Someone please, NFL2K, boy do I miss you guys.

Rant over..

Last edited:

I think that if EA bought or licensed the Euphoria engine that the Backbreaker game is using then that would go some way to ticking off some points on your list.

I just read on Sky Sports News that Brett Favre has been traded to the NY jets from the Packers.

Ea's cover star! D'oh.:LOL:

Surely they must regret not putting Peterson on the cover, surely!

Former Packers QB Brett Favre has returned to the NFL, announcing his retirement from retirement and throwing a wrench into EA's plans to have him as cover boy for Madden NFL 09. Favre, photographed in his Packers uniform, is now playing for the Jets, leading to a very important, last minute roster change. That change won't, however, affect his appearance on the cover of this year's Madden.

That said, fanatical football fans with a desire for accuracy will be able to download a Jets uniformed Favre next week, according to MTV Multiplayer. It's due to hit EAsports.com sometime next week, just begging to be printed and inserted into a clear plastic sleeve. Ready the inkjets!

I for one am glad Favre didn't retire. Love watching him play, his competitiveness and passion for the game. It's always a sad day when a great one has to retire. When great ones retire I always say to myself "Wow, what a player he was, I wish they could age slower so we could keep him around longer to enjoy his gifts."

When Maradona retired, I was very sad. He has been to this day one of very few players I truly enjoyed watching. His god given gift was a sight to behold. His love for his countries jersey was unmatched. What a player he was! I wish I could still see him play today, the little "squat" man, turning like a little eal... lol please, no pun intended. The same goes for Michael Jordan and others who share that untouchable throne of greatness.

Having said that, I am glad to see Favre back and will be rooting for him as always.

Back
Top Bottom