Microsoft Xbox

But not all games are backwards-compatible, largely for licensing reasons. I miss playing Rock Band Blitz, for instance (but the licensing for the songs ran out years ago). I can only run that game through an original Xbox 360.

Neither PS Now nor Xbox BC have access to SSX Tricky (likely the music licencing again) so both of those services can f**k off. Xbox does have SSX 3, which is something, at least, but it's no Tricky

Back of the box
9383dce26d32d177748c8b97b701f5b3a6cb90c7.jpeg

Why are both companies going on about how good old games look and play? I want to play new next gen games and that walk-through video must be for retards that have never seen an xbox.

Why are both companies going on about how good old games look and play? I want to play new next gen games and that walk-through video must be for retards that have never seen an xbox.

Lol. Because neither has any next gen games to play. Once ppl get their hands on consoles it'll be to play current gen games. Expect the next year or so for them to just focus on resolution and framerate improvements and Don't hold your breath in drastic graphical improvements vs this gen.
I actually owned a ps for many years so I am not very familiar with the xbox UI... I'm not mentally challenged, tho.

Lol. Because neither has any next gen games to play. Once ppl get their hands on consoles it'll be to play current gen games. Expect the next year or so for them to just focus on resolution and framerate improvements and Don't hold your breath in drastic graphical improvements vs this gen.
I actually owned a ps for many years so I am not very familiar with the xbox UI... I'm not mentally challenged, tho.

Aren't Valhalla and watchdogs next gen? Or is that just a resolution and frame rate improvement.

2k21 is probably the only (or first) game made for next gen on release.
Though I'm acctually looking fw to play current gen games on 60fps (games I haven't played yet)

There's a quick (very quick, 1 second) comparison vs other consoles. Size is def a plus, but again would have liked an all black color

Series X Review

Series S Review

Does this mean the embargo is lifted today? I mean consoles arrive in 5 days
Yep. Type "xbox series x unboxing" on youtube there are bunch of new videos today.. I would post you a video from a greek youtuber, but it is obviously in greeek without subs. He compares on the same table, Xbox series X and S with PS5, in size comparsion and all of them with Xbox One and PS4 pro and slim. He also did a speed test in loading times from boot-up to in game , series X vs ONE.

All in all they said what it is known until now. 60 FPS 1080p for S, 4K native for series X, some games may have 120HZ, raytracing etc, but the games have better performance take a cut in graphics quality. And that series X (the bigger one) is cooler than Series S, it works around 45 degrees Celcius. Also some games, i think from gamepass that are backwards compatible , have an automatic transition to HDR, this is from console optimisation, not from games, but it is very good algorythm and it upgrades it really decent.

Also it is DOLBY-ATMOS able, this thing about sound, i do not know what is this, i am too old-fart!! :P

Also this extra 1 TB card memory-expansion costs almost 200,00€ in Greece, and in series S which is 500GB and 350GB after the system data requirement, it is necessary.

The D-pad is smaller, reviewers said they will stay with Elite 2, also said that old controllers are compatible with new console, same for new controller, it is compatible with old consoles.

Last edited:
Yep. Type "xbox series x unboxing" on youtube there are bunch of new videos today.. I would post you a video from a greek youtuber, but it is obviously in greeek without subs. He compares on the same table, Xbox series X and S with PS5, in size comparsion and all of them with Xbox One and PS4 pro and slim. He also did a speed test in loading times from boot-up to in game , series X vs ONE.

All in all they said what it is known until now. 60 FPS 1080p for S, 4K native for series X, some games may have 120HZ, raytracing etc, but the games have better performance take a cut in graphics quality. And that series X (the bigger one) is cooler than Series S, it works around 45 degrees Celcius. Also some games, i think from gamepass that are backwards compatible , have an automatic transition to HDR, this is from console optimisation, not from games, but it is very good algorythm and it upgrades it really decent.

Also it is DOLBY-ATMOS able, this thing about sound, i do not know what is this, i am too old-fart!! :P

Also this extra 1 TB card memory-expansion costs almost 200,00€ in Greece, and in series S which is 500GB and 350GB after the system data requirement, it is necessary.

The D-pad is smaller, reviewers said they will stay with Elite 2, also said that old controllers are compatible with new console, same for new controller, it is compatible with old consoles.

Yup I'm seeing a bunch of reviews now. The funny thing is most of the reviews cover what was already been said in the previews and pretty much nothing new. Great consoles,no next gen games.

Edit: MS just charged my PP account. Hope I can get a shipped confirmation tomorrow.

Last edited:
I don't know if this is a win for Microsoft but fans of Star Wars Squadrons will be happy:-
Star Wars: Squadrons will, for instance, support variable refresh rates and offer the choice between better visuals and better performance on Xbox Series X/S.
The former mode features an improved lighting model and runs up to 1440p at 60fps on the Xbox Series S.
Xbox Series X ramps that up to 2160p at 60fps. Performance Mode, meanwhile, offers 1440p at 120fps and up to 2160p at 120fps respectively.

PlayStation 5 will include improved lighting "at the same resolution and framerate as on the PS4 Pro" - Which is somewhere between 1440p and 4K @60FPS.

Last edited:
I don't know if this is a win for Microsoft but fans of Star Wars Squadrons will be happy:-
Star Wars: Squadrons will, for instance, support variable refresh rates and offer the choice between better visuals and better performance on Xbox Series X/S.
The former mode features an improved lighting model and runs up to 1440p at 60fps on the Xbox Series S.
Xbox Series X ramps that up to 2160p at 60fps. Performance Mode, meanwhile, offers 1440p at 120fps and up to 2160p at 120fps respectively.

PlayStation 5 will include improved lighting "at the same resolution and framerate as on the PS4 Pro" - Which is somewhere between 1440p and 4K @60FPS.
Definitely feel like I've made the right choice going with the Xbox. And I've just bought a 65" LG CX to go along with it, for 120hz etc... Must be mental considering I don't want any new games for it.

Definitely feel like I've made the right choice going with the Xbox. And I've just bought a 65" LG CX to go along with it, for 120hz etc... Must be mental considering I don't want any new games for it.
If it wasn't for the better exclusives and some people I sometimes play games with.
Without a doubt i would be buying an Xbox, the more information that is coming out, it is going to piss on the PS5 graphically.
But then I knew the PS5 was in trouble when all they stated was check out our SSD.. When the reality is the PS5 SSD in the real world, people won't even notice.
In fact doesn't the Xbox have a slightly faster CPU, so the Xbox is probably more likely to load games quicker anyway.

If I didn't have a PC, and could only buy one machine it would be the Xbox.
More powerful and Dolby Atmos.

Mine has been sent out. Can’t wait to replace my loyal One S - gonna be quite an upgrade even for old games

Mine shipped today, I was kind f hoping it would get here on Monday but its estimated to get here on Tuesday. I already sold my PS4 so we'll see how this feels, I do very little console gaming but still exciting to get my hands on it

Me too. John Lewis offer a 5-year burn-in protection warranty for an extra £100 though, so I've gone for that. Here's hoping I don't regret it...

good job you took that cover.
My first Oled was £3.5k five years ago and it got screen burn this year from SSN.
we dont have tv on from 11pm-ish of an evening to 6pm ish the next day on a daily basis even though working from home, never used it for gaming and hardly pause the Tv.

I got the CX as a replacement a month ago. They are great TVs but screen burn is impossible to stop on OLed.
If you are a heavy gamer you’ll definitely be using that cover and even then they will argue you have not been careful enough. Loads of people on AV forums have had this issue.

what annoys me is LG know these screens have issues that’s why they don’t cover them in aftercare.
Like buying a car but the salesman saying don’t drive it too fast or wheels fall off.

Me too. John Lewis offer a 5-year burn-in protection warranty for an extra £100 though, so I've gone for that. Here's hoping I don't regret it...
Same here, I waiting until Black Friday but currently unsure whether to go for OLED due to concerns about burn in or the Sony.

This is a helpful video with some really good tests and recomemndations:

Same here, I waiting until Black Friday but currently unsure whether to go for OLED due to concerns about burn in or the Sony.

This is a helpful video with some really good tests and recomemndations:

Really good video, and I love the HDTVtest guys.

Seems to suggest that if you're buying a new TV, and you want to be able to use all the new features of the new consoles (which, surely, if you're spending £££ on a new TV, you want to do)... It's the only choice, despite the burn-in risk.

I read something the other day that said if you're really paranoid (which I am), you can run a burn-in clearing pattern through a menu option each night. I think I'll end up doing that - which is madness, to think that it's necessary to do that to a TV in 2020 - but... If it works... It works...

Really good video, and I love the HDTVtest guys.

Seems to suggest that if you're buying a new TV, and you want to be able to use all the new features of the new consoles (which, surely, if you're spending £££ on a new TV, you want to do)... It's the only choice, despite the burn-in risk.

I read something the other day that said if you're really paranoid (which I am), you can run a burn-in clearing pattern through a menu option each night. I think I'll end up doing that - which is madness, to think that it's necessary to do that to a TV in 2020 - but... If it works... It works...
a year ago we had those algorithms running at work when the tv’s were off at night. those options are there for a reason.
well, it all depends on the watch pattern you have. 6-8 years should be ok-time for most users. don’t overthink it. Enjoy the new TV! :)

Back
Top Bottom