Microsoft Xbox

Wasn't impressed with anything really..
Hate that the whole thing went on for an hour and was just trailers.

The Silent Hill rip off game looked quite good...

The best thing for me though was pretty much every game also stated it was coming to PC.

Wasn't impressed with anything really..
Hate that the whole thing went on for an hour and was just trailers.

The Silent Hill rip off game looked quite good...

The best thing for me though was pretty much every game also stated it was coming to PC.

I just think people most people were expecting a huge leap vs current green graphics, but it seems that is just not such a leap just now . There will be a leap in performance such as 60fps and better resolutions. But it'll take a few years to maybe see something mind blowing. I wasn't impressed either, although i was watching in crappy YouTube.

I just think people most people were expecting a huge leap vs current green graphics, but it seems that is just not such a leap just now . There will be a leap in performance such as 60fps and better resolutions. But it'll take a few years to maybe see something mind blowing. I wasn't impressed either, although i was watching in crappy YouTube.

Microsoft are aiming for 60FPS @4K, that is what they are aiming for on the Xbox Series X.
However they only stated this is going to be the target for 1st party games, but given the extra power the Series X has over PS5, I believe they will achieve this on all games.

The biggest disappointment I have read so far about the next gen is Spider-Man on the PS5 only being 30FPS @4K, or you can have a 60FPS if you want, but this version will no doubt turn a lot of the graphical features off - So much lower res textures and Ray Tracing if they use it.
Spider-Man was graphically impressive in some aspects, except for the really bad low res textures to help with draw distance - But is the same issue going to occur if I want to play at 60FPS.

I am sure it will take a while before we see true next gen games, but then I guess it seems that games will finally go from 30FPS to 60FPS on console.

Last edited:
The one thing I am really impressed with is the size of the heatsink.
I know the console is the size of 3 Xbox One X's stacked on top of each other, but the heatsink is huge, and clearly like the Xbox One X, the Series X really looks like it has been not been built cheaply and running silent is something Microsoft have really worked on.

If it wasn't for the poor exclusives - I would easily choose an Xbox over PS5.
The 30FPS on Spider-Man and the Unreal Demo which was 1440 @30FPS - Has me really concerned about the graphical power of the PS5.

XboxSeriesXTech_HERO.jpg

The 30FPS on Spider-Man and the Unreal Demo which was 1440 @30FPS - Has me really concerned about the graphical power of the PS5.
Because it's not just old gen games with better resolution and framerate.
BTW the Unreal demo can run at 60 fps now on PS5.

I would expect if the PS5 event happens next week as leaked, then next week will start seeing pre-orders.
Both companies are scared of lets go first to see how much they will charge.

I am getting a PS5, but if Microsoft price matches the PS5 with a superior machine then people on the fence might very well be tempted with the Series X.

So sad. I don’t get this kind of launch nonsense.

I get the Microsoft approach.

They are releasing a more powerful machine that is backward compatible with all previous generations, which eventually they will release Series X patches for.
Giving many PS4/XO generation games high end PC visuals.

But also with pretty much all the new Xbox releases also coming to Xbox One for the foreseeable future, it really makes you wonder, why would anyone upgrade?

I get the Microsoft approach.

They are releasing a more powerful machine that is backward compatible with all previous generations, which eventually they will release Series X patches for.
Giving many PS4/XO generation games high end PC visuals.

But also with pretty much all the new Xbox releases also coming to Xbox One for the foreseeable future, it really makes you wonder, why would anyone upgrade?
this! finally im with you! ;) :D

na really, i was looking forward to some FM (wich is still in the way future) and some MS flight sim... but i dont get why i should buy at launch now!? i'm sure in 2 years the scenery will be different on MS software side. maybe thats a better date to get on the box train with some awesome exclusives. fable could be out, a new FM, maybe a new Gears...
maybe of i already owned an Xbox and it was out of guarantee or my box is broken or loud or something... but really, upgrading this christmas to play multi plat or "old" updated games on box (ok, MS flight sim is already out then)!? for me personally, not really a wise move to do.

Not alot, just a load of optimised games running in 4K @60FPS.

Plus a couple of games like Ori, Minecraft and Roblox that will hit 120fps.

Sony don't even have to try this generation.

So sad. I don’t get this kind of launch nonsense.

Buying consoles on launch is a risky move... Too bad about Halo for microsoft, but at the same time, what is the PS5 system seller this holiday? Don't get me wrong I want both consoles to do well, but what does PS5 have that puts it above the xbox (honest question as I haven't followed much of the new console releases)?

I don't think Ill be upgrading this gen, but seems microsoft is focusing on services for which it has a step up on sony: Gamepass, xcloud, backwards compatibility.

Buying consoles on launch is a risky move... Too bad about Halo for microsoft, but at the same time, what is the PS5 system seller this holiday? Don't get me wrong I want both consoles to do well, but what does PS5 have that puts it above the xbox (honest question as I haven't followed much of the new console releases)?

I don't think Ill be upgrading this gen, but seems microsoft is focusing on services for which it has a step up on sony: Gamepass, xcloud, backwards compatibility.

PS5 has eerrrr......... Maybe Spider-Man, that's the only game I will buy on launch for PS5.
But even then, you have a really good point, Sony doesn't have any decent games for launch either.

PS5 - Like every other generation will just have better exclusives, during the age of the console and that is why I will be buying PS5.
Xbox Series X may however have an advantage on cross platform games - Although I expect both consoles will hit 60FPS, except when Ray Tracing is involved then I would expect both consoles to hit 30FPS.

Last edited:
PS5 - Like every other generation will just have better exclusives, during the age of the console and that is why I will be buying PS5.

True that, however I think things are shifting and exclusives lists will be getting smaller and smaller and I think that would be the case for the next gen (during the age of the console, excluding timed exclusives). For example this gen God of War/Uncharted/spiderman was playable with a computer using PSnow, ZDH came to PC, Detroit came to PC, etc. Experience might not be the same, but you dont need the console.

On the other hand, I think that's not microsoft approach as they seem to release most thing simultaneously on PC and console and are mostly interested in selling you services.

Dont get me wrong I agree with what you said, Im just saying if you compare to previous generations, seems like system exclusives lists are getting smaller and smaller (which is great if you ask me).

True that, however I think things are shifting and exclusives lists will be getting smaller and smaller and I think that would be the case for the next gen (during the age of the console, excluding timed exclusives). For example this gen God of War/Uncharted/spiderman was playable with a computer using PSnow, ZDH came to PC, Detroit came to PC, etc. Experience might not be the same, but you dont need the console.

On the other hand, I think that's not microsoft approach as they seem to release most thing simultaneously on PC and console and are mostly interested in selling you services.

Dont get me wrong I agree with what you said, Im just saying if you compare to previous generations, seems like system exclusives lists are getting smaller and smaller (which is great if you ask me).

The list is getting smaller, and although Detroit came to PC.
God of War / Spider-Man / Last of Us did not..

Microsoft don't have a single exclusive I would want to play - And this would include if I didn't have a PC.

Can you please wait a couple of days for a more detailed answer!? :)

For now: astrobot and maaaaybe Spider-Man MM.

Can you please wait a couple of days for a more detailed answer!? :)

For now: astrobot and maaaaybe Spider-Man MM.

Yes, you are right, let see what they announce.. I agree, but for now dont know if astrobot and spiderman would make people shell out $400+....:NO:

The list is getting smaller, and although Detroit came to PC.
God of War / Spider-Man / Last of Us did not..

Microsoft don't have a single exclusive I would want to play - And this would include if I didn't have a PC.

Correct... Like I said microsoft isnt playing the exclusive game anymore as their big titles they are being released on PC. They are betting on people getting an xbox for other reasons, such as gamepass (which is a great deal and gives you many titles) and Xcloud.

A few of Sony's big titles were indeed playable with a PC (God of War/SpiderMan/ Persona 5/bloodborne/ heck even last of us ), with no need for a console. Im thinking with microsoft pushing gamepass I think more and more "exclusives" will end up joining this list of playable titles on a PC

Just to be clear I agree with all your points.. my point is game exclusivity should not be a a big reason for moving systems anymore or not as big of a differentiator...

I'm excited for the Series X, I love my Xbox One X. I'll trade that for the next gen console I think.

I just hope we can lay the new console on it's side?

Yes, you are right, let see what they announce.. I agree, but for now dont know if astrobot and spiderman would make people shell out $400+....:NO:

Correct... Like I said microsoft isnt playing the exclusive game anymore as their big titles they are being released on PC. They are betting on people getting an xbox for other reasons, such as gamepass (which is a great deal and gives you many titles) and Xcloud.

A few of Sony's big titles were indeed playable with a PC (God of War/SpiderMan/ Persona 5/bloodborne/ heck even last of us ), with no need for a console. Im thinking with microsoft pushing gamepass I think more and more "exclusives" will end up joining this list of playable titles on a PC

Just to be clear I agree with all your points.. my point is game exclusivity should not be a a big reason for moving systems anymore or not as big of a differentiator...
That’s right. Let’s wait and see.

Im thinking some titles like cyberpunk being released close to launch or GT coming first half of 2021...

MS might saddle a new horse with the game pass for cheap as main focus and releasing the XSX as cheap alternative equivalent to PC. Shifting some priorities kinda.

Sony could go on with exclusives like they did before.

I've really not been excited by any of these new console launches but as it get closer the more interested I get. I'm definitely going for series x because gamepass is such a great deal.

I've really not been excited by any of these new console launches but as it get closer the more interested I get. I'm definitely going for series x because gamepass is such a great deal.
what games in particular are you looking forward the most (that are included in gamepass)?

Well there's Forza, the medium, stalkers, as dusk falls, state of decay 3 and a few others that interest me plus the stuff that is already out. It's a pretty good deal either way really.

I'm excited for the Series X, I love my Xbox One X. I'll trade that for the next gen console I think.

I just hope we can lay the new console on it's side?
Same here,i was on the fence 2015 going from Xbox 360 to PS4 or Xbox one,main reason being Pes,but now that Pes is shite and I'm not really interested in ps exclusive I'm glad I'm on Xbox,later became an X as well.
A lovely machine,with game pass and xcloud coming,it's going to be even more powerful/great!

Plus all the trends are pointing tw xplay between consoles (both Ms and Sony are working together on cloud stuff) to stamp out Google/Apple.
Will wait a year though before buying

Back
Top Bottom