Microsoft Xbox

Man,I'm so hooked on The Talos Principle right now,and Alien isolation/Kingdome come.
I buy very few games nowadays
Is Kingdom Come the RPG where you start in a village that gets invaded? I LOVED that game but I just couldn’t get used to the combat.

Is Kingdom Come the RPG where you start in a village that gets invaded? I LOVED that game but I just couldn’t get used to the combat.
Yes sir!
Very tricky combat,and you have to train a lot with one of the Knights to upgrade.
You'll get used to it after lots of gaming,but training/upgrading is required.
I'm stuck as well,need to upgrade Henry to win a fight Vs a "boss"
Brilliant game

Yes sir!
Very tricky combat,and you have to train a lot with one of the Knights to upgrade.
You'll get used to it after lots of gaming,but training/upgrading is required.
I'm stuck as well,need to upgrade Henry to win a fight Vs a "boss"
Brilliant game
I need to go back to it I was hooked the story is incredible as are the characters.

I need to go back to it I was hooked the story is incredible as are the characters.
Very realistic (according to experts) in terms of fighting and how people lived back then.
Brilliant game,beats all others in that genre hands down.
Same here,been on a very long break from it

A good perspective to see the strategy for Microsoft going forward. It might not be so much about bragging about selling X number of consoles to make headlines and getting exclusives on your platform (granted XBox is not outselling PS5 next gen either.... but what they offer might be more enticing that what Sony has):

https://www.purexbox.com/news/2020/...ach_isnt_about_selling_more_consoles_than_ps5

"If [the traditional console war] was our approach, we wouldn't put our games on PC, we wouldn't put our games on Xbox One, we wouldn't do xCloud and allow people to play games on their phones.

And I'm not disparaging someone else's approach, but when I talk to fans and customers, what I say is when you're a member of Xbox, we want to build the experience around you."

A good perspective to see the strategy for Microsoft going forward. It might not be so much about bragging about selling X number of consoles to make headlines and getting exclusives on your platform (granted XBox is not outselling PS5 next gen either.... but what they offer might be more enticing that what Sony has):

https://www.purexbox.com/news/2020/...ach_isnt_about_selling_more_consoles_than_ps5

"If [the traditional console war] was our approach, we wouldn't put our games on PC, we wouldn't put our games on Xbox One, we wouldn't do xCloud and allow people to play games on their phones.

And I'm not disparaging someone else's approach, but when I talk to fans and customers, what I say is when you're a member of Xbox, we want to build the experience around you."
I wouldn't want to change ,that's for sure,the game pass is such a good move by MS.
A few things have bugged me though,they took away the option to share/upload to YT a couple of years ago,really shit move (also would want to stream there too).
And that whole mixer thing, cancel and join FB gaming...
Don't get that

I wouldn't want to change ,that's for sure,the game pass is such a good move by MS.
A few things have bugged me though,they took away the option to share/upload to YT a couple of years ago,really shit move (also would want to stream there too).
And that whole mixer thing, cancel and join FB gaming...
Don't get that

Ohh I didn't know that. I just checked the game list to subscribe for game pass for flight simulator and there's so many games I wanted to try but just wouldn't have bought... For $1...
Not to mention I had xcloud beta which also worked great in my tablet

Ohh I didn't know that. I just checked the game list to subscribe for game pass for flight simulator and there's so many games I wanted to try but just wouldn't have bought... For $1...
Not to mention I had xcloud beta which also worked great in my tablet
Yeah i converted my prepaid Xbox gold plus the €1 for 3 months of ultimate game pass last year in to a 16 month ultimate GP.
Pretty good deal.

Yeah I'm looking fw to the xcloud for sure man.
Good things ahead

The game pass is really good value at £10 a month, considering you get Gold for free with it.

I do like Microsoft's approach this generation, as being a PC gamer it means I get all the Xbox exclusives.

The game pass is actually good, the level of games are OK for now, but going to get an awful lot better next gen.
I stupidly subscribed to a year of PSNow and the games on that are absolutely terrible, and they add and remove games every month.
But then I was probably expecting more, as I have Origin Premier which is by far the best in terms of games and value.

The game pass is really good value at £10 a month, considering you get Gold for free with it.

I do like Microsoft's approach this generation, as being a PC gamer it means I get all the Xbox exclusives.

The game pass is actually good, the level of games are OK for now, but going to get an awful lot better next gen.
I stupidly subscribed to a year of PSNow and the games on that are absolutely terrible, and they add and remove games every month.
But then I was probably expecting more, as I have Origin Premier which is by far the best in terms of games and value.
Origin Premium,is that a PC subscription?
I also have EA access which is worth every penny,€20ish per year.

Origin Premier is PC only.
£50 a year, and you get access to every single EA Game, including all their triple A titles for free.
Nice!
Yeah,that's the future,and probably why every game shop is closing down shop.
Here (Sweden) the big one's are gone,Game and GameStop.

The video is very interesting, and good that Microsoft are being very open about the Series X.

The Series X has some serious power if they are stating the Gears of War X version is running with the same visuals as an RTX 2080, especially considering the only reference for the PS5 at the moment is Epic stated you get the same PC performance as PS5 using an RTX 2060.

That is quite a big performance difference between the PS5 and Series X.. But then until more games are benchmarked this is just rumour.

The Series X has some serious power if they are stating the Gears of War X version is running with the same visuals as an RTX 2080, especially considering the only reference for the PS5 at the moment is Epic stated you get the same PC performance as PS5 using an RTX 2060.

Woa, thats some serious magic if thats true.... I find it hard to believe having the amount of power of a rtx 2080 in a console (considering the 2080 hovers @ 700U$). Although it gives me a glimmer of hope of getting that horsepower with AMD RDNA 2 GPU cards at a cheaper price vs NVIDIA for next gen.... considering I want to upgrade my PC in the near future. Like you said... we would have to wait for more information and see what AMD announces for the Big Navi cards which will power both consoles

I think both consoles will end up running a GPU with very similar actual real life results and graphics (not benchmarks)... something along the lines of a RTX 2060 Super... meaning you wont really be able to tell the difference between them in actual gaming, while in benchmarks there is a non noticeable difference of 5FPS...

What's the significant difference, except for the size and the price.?

A bit under powered gpu and cpu, no disc drive. Guessing if you want the best 4k experience you go with X. But for people fine with 1080p and 1440p and aren't too worried about framerates, this is a great choice and entry point.

I wasn't considering any console, and am tied to playstation since the ps1, but at this price it could be an impulse buy.

Nice price to be able to play next-gen games, but it's disappointing to see a lower specced machine released.

Games will have to be developed so that they will be playable on the lowest specced platform. It could limit what developers can do if it's much less powerful than the XBSX/PS5, I hoped PS5 specs would be the baseline for next-gen game development.

Back
Top Bottom