NBA 2K9 - PS3/360/PC

tobi

"Clear Eyes Full Hearts Can't Lose."
5 August 2005
Spurs, Suns and Cowboys
Here is the official fact sheet

Game Overview:
The undisputed NBA franchise is back for its 10th season. Last year, NBA 2K8 was the top selling basketball game on Xbox 360 and the NBA 2K series has been the #1 rated NBA simulation for seven years running. NBA 2K9 is the premier basketball game for serious players, and will deliver the most realistic, stylistic, and feature-rich simulation experience ever available in the NBA 2K franchise – from game play to graphics, presentation and online features.

GAMEPLAY FEATURES
Shot Stick Advanced: The revolutionary Shot Stick control system takes it one step further, allowing you to change your shots in mid-air.

Adaptive AI: Adaptive AI will read, react, and adjust in real time to your strategies. Your teammates will initiate cuts, picks, and post-ups based on how you handle the ball, while your opponent modifies strategy to fit the pace of the game.

The Association 2.0: The BEST just got even better. With NBA.com, you'll have access to all the latest rumors, trades, scores news stories and more, plus new features like Player Personalities, Ambitions, and Player Roles, a plethora of customizable options, and NEW mini-game drills make this is the deepest and most robust Franchise mode on the market.

PRESENTATION FEATURES
2K-HD: Drastically improved facial and skin textures, better uniforms, improved eye movement and more realistic crowd reactions bring the game alive like never before.

All-New Broadcast Team: Analyst Clark Kellogg and sideline reporter Cheryl Miller join color commentator Kevin Harlan to create one of the most knowledgeable broadcast teams in the game.

Better Replays & Cut Scenes: End each quarter with enhanced, multiple angle replay highlights, and be rewarded like never before with all-new, true-to-life celebration sequences after you capture the NBA championship.

ONLINE FEATURES
NBA 2K Online Features: 2K Sports' industry leading online service gets all-new features like 5-on-5 Multiplayer mode with Total Team Control and a new ranking system--from Bench Warmer to Rookie to Pro to Superstar--that shows you how to match up against your opponents.

2K Share: Create, upload, and share rosters, sliders, and even players created with the all-new Player DNA feature. This also includes the newly revamped Reelmaker, where you can now direct your own digital video highlight reels and post them on 2KSports.com or your personal web page for all the world to watch and admire.
l_b8779dd5eccd44f623d9728235073b83.jpg

nba-2k9-20080716054952873.jpg

nba-2k9-20080716055000654.jpg

nba-2k9-20080716055006185.jpg

nba-2k9-20080716054947732.jpg

nba-2k9-20080716054957810.jpg

nba-2k9-20080609001301328.jpg

I'm excited.

Last edited:
Re: NBA 2K9 - PS3/360...PS2

This will be a buyer for me. Can't wait.:DANCE:2K is always the basketball game of choice.

Shame about the Seattle Supersonics franchise moving to Oklahoma City.:((

dude i cant wait for this, only problem is i still havent finished my association league with the wizards, i think i have like 20 games left. There were too many good games this year. I never have time to play them all, and when i do i go back to fifa, LOL. I wish we had enough guys on here to do an online league...

dude i cant wait for this, only problem is i still havent finished my association league with the wizards, i think i have like 20 games left. There were too many good games this year. I never have time to play them all, and when i do i go back to fifa, LOL. I wish we had enough guys on here to do an online league...

If you do a league count me in. NBA 2K is one of my favourite series and I will be playing 2K9 to death when it comes out.

I'd welcome an Evo Web league but we'll be split by the versions we have.

I agree with you in everything, except that I finished my association season!

I hope this game has tutorials and an actual manual, my defense still needs a lot of work.

Its the reflections from all the lights in the arena.

There's no way they look like that in real life. They look like they have an outer glow around them. I think NBA Live 09 looks more realistic. I can't comment on gameplay cos I'm not a big NBA fan.

2K dev...

Re: NBA 2K9 Video Footage (Multiplayer.it)

This is why we don't release videos until we feel the game is ready. People see early footage and make up their mind. Things are looking incredibly better in the current build, trust me.

Regarding the commentary, Kellogg was in the game for maybe 3-4 days at the point when this build was made. Yes, we kept SOME of the same lines that Kenny had, but there is also a LOT of new content. At the time of this build, none, to very little, of that was implemented in the game. You guys are looking at footage that is 1/4+ of a year away from shipping.

We're not going to let you down; the level of yelling and excitement I hear from people playing around the office on a daily basis is more than I've heard in years. Top to bottom, this is easily the best game in the NBA 2k series. You don't have to take my word for it; you'll see for yourself in a couple months.

First gameplay video

http://www.multiplayer.it/articolo.php?id=26766

It looks very similar to 2K8 but with improved player models and some other tidbits anyway lets wait for the videos that they want to show when its ready.

Last edited:

IGN NBA 2K9 Hands-on
We learn to appreciate the finer points of basketball.

NBA 2K as a series has always been more about bringing out the finer points of the game of basketball -- from the intricacy of the animations to the little trinkets that help to authenticate the franchise mode -- and NBA 2K9 is no different. There's no "silver bullet feature," as Jeff Thomas from Visual Concepts put it, but there are several additions that are sure to advance the franchise.

For starters, there's now five-on-five online play. That means that every player on the court is now controlled by another human. I know what you're thinking, "How much fun can it be when you don't have the ball?" Well, 2K Sports put the time in to try and make sure that there is plenty to do. Players can use deny defense, but run the risk of having the player they're guarding push by them in a quick cut in the opposite direction. The push and the deny defense are totally user controlled and need to be used wisely.

When the player on offense makes that cut the man on defense can tug on his jersey to slow him down. Do it too long and the refs will spot it and whistle you for a foul. How well you play your position and synergize with the rest of your team determines your Team 2K rating. The game uses the values to let people know what kind of player you are online. Play like a jackass and you'll have to invest some time to earn back respect.

Crossin' up fools.

2K Share is a new element to 2K9 that allows players to upload and download the created players that they or others have made. Using a mechanic called Player DNA (no relation to NBA Live's DNA system), users can actually rate the player models that appear online. If you're looking for the most authentic Dr. J around, just look for the highest rated rendition. You'll also be able to save your personalized settings which -- as anyone who has played an NBA 2K game knows -- is an extensive list of sliders. You can then upload your preferences for others to see and potentially get a better grip on how to beat you.

On the court you'll notice tighter animations and an even greater sense of control. The breadth of moves has been expanded quite a bit with several new dunks and layups on display in our game between the Knicks and Celtics. There's now something called Reel Maker which compiles a short list of replays and cuts them together into a pseudo-montage, with music playing in the background. Because of that, the frequency of Action Replays has been scaled back considerably.

Clark Kellogg is replacing Kenny "The Jet" Smith to join Kevin Harlan for commentary duties. I didn't notice anything that was too spectacular or out of the ordinary, but that also means they didn't say anything too off the mark.

The shot stick has also been reconfigured a bit and now offers a wider range of shots for different situations. Things like step thru shots and layups that require a series of adjustments to avoid a block are extremely fluid and natural without looking canned or planned in advance. The same IsoMotion controls govern the dribbling, so not a whole lot has changed there.

While this was our first real look at NBA 2K9, the game is already 90 percent complete. And it showed. Animations were tight, the crowd looked better than it ever has for the series, and the basketball actually felt like the genuine article. There's apparently a "big online innovation" announcement coming in the next few months, but online 5-on-5 play was big enough to please those in the room. There has also been "a lot of work done" to the franchise mode, but your guess is as good as ours as to what that means.

Rest assured, as soon as there's more info to divulge about the feature set and playability of NBA 2K9, we'll bring it to you. Until then, check off days on your calendar until October 7, the date it hits retailers.

:))

teaser trailer 2 is up on gametrailers.com

Looking good, I hope they'll show more on Wednesday.

All of the game modes from NBA 2K8 return in this year’s game. While the Blacktop and dunk contests are similar to last year, NBA 2K9’s franchise mode (the Association) has been improved to provide a more immersive experience. The Association includes additional in-game tutorials to make mode more user-friendly (a knock of many 2K titles in the past). In addition to a new trading AI which should provide a more authentic franchise experience, trades involving more than 3 players/picks per team are now possible (though 2K wouldn’t say how many). Although the Association has seen additional upgrades as well, the rest is still under wraps at this point.

One game mode that should add a new element to the game this year is the introduction of 5v5 online play. Judging by some of the off-ball controls that 2K added, they have clearly benefited from seeing a similar feature released earlier this year on NBA Live 08 (via patch). Additional controls have been provided for players without the ball including the ability to hold and grab your opponent (though a foul will occasionally be called). On the other side, players attempting to get free from a defender can slap hands away and make fake first steps to create separation. Even the controls for setting picks and drawing charges seem as though they will play a large factor in online play. To provide you with a greater perspective of what you player sees, each player will play with a unique camera angle that will dynamically reposition itself to follow the action (though you can always switch to the default camera if you don’t like it).

Going a step further, 2K has also added a grading system which will allow you to provide feedback on how pleasurable your online experience was with each of your teammates. This will allow users to flag teammates who never pass the ball, put up wild shots, or refuse to defend their man. These “grades” will appear next to each user’s name the next time they join a game.

:DANCE:

Full preview

Last edited:

I've been reading the 2K forums today and the game is coming along nicely and an admin said that the Euro date is October 10 but it looks like 2K will once again not show us PAL PS3 players any love.

We most likely wont get the real time sports ticker again and if I import the NTSC version I'll get the ticker but wont be able to play PAL players.

:TD: :brick: :-k

Kinda new video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifUY5zS77-Y

Last edited:

New teaser video - http://2ksports.com/videos/new/nba2k9/136

I'm not impressed, the game comes out in 5 weeks and still no gameplay videos, NBA Live has a demo out already and has been putting out gameplay videos for ages now. 2K did the same last year but they seriously need to rethink this strategy.

New pics

ME0001001978_2.jpg

ME0001001975_2.jpg

ME0001001973_2.jpg

ME0001001932_2.jpg

ME0001001953_2.jpg

ME0001001934_2.jpg

ME0001001931_2.jpg

Put out some videos 2K!

The 6th pic is the worst one.