NBA 2K9 - PS3/360/PC

Re: NBA 2K9 - PS3/360...PS2

New animations after release is awesome.

If only they made a football game.

Official trailer in HD, right click and save - http://www.2ksports.com/videos/nba2k9/Momentous_Trailer01.mp4

coming_soon.jpg

I hope its not US only.

New video, not much new info though.

http://www.g4tv.com/xplay/previews/28760/NBA_2K9_Hands_On.html

Last edited:

There's been some confusion on the 2K forums because in the latest videos the devs haven't mentioned it but retailers have it listed.

I'll watch that video on my TV, my PC speakers ain't working.

There's been some confusion on the 2K forums because in the latest videos the devs haven't mentioned it but retailers have it listed.

I'll watch that video on my TV, my PC speakers ain't working.
what do u mean? is this out on the pc or not?

The game is 100% coming out on PC and is a port of the 360 version.

Basketball will be coming to your computers this year. Many of you have already seen that NBA 2K9 will be released on the PC on various sites, and I wanted to confirm that. The extra bit of news, however, is that the game will be a XBOX 360 port. It will be released October 21st in PC gaming stores everywhere. Feel free to discuss!

Forum Administrator - 2K Sports

http://2ksports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=185970

Now I don't know what to do. I'll probably cancel my 360 pre-order and get it for the PC instead, because I'm willing to bet that there will be huge modding possibilities...

Now I don't know what to do. I'll probably cancel my 360 pre-order and get it for the PC instead, because I'm willing to bet that there will be huge modding possibilities...
there will be. alot of people are already planning ahead about it. its worth getting on the pc just for mods alone mate plus its only $20/£11:TU:

why would you need to mod it? only think i can think of is if you wanted the euro leagues or something...

The demo will be up on the US store later tonight maybe around 9pm, the 360 demo will be up within the couple of days.

Will do.

I played 2 quarters and I LOVE IT! The graphics are insane, the animations are incredible, I'm a tiny bit bummed that you can't do any play calling but at least the default 5.1 sound is DTS.

I'm going back for more!

:DANCE:

Piracy maybe? Either way its not good enough.

Piracy maybe? Either way its not good enough.

piracy? read this:

I do wonder why they diddnt include online play. this is the sole reason thats keep pc gaming alive as it forces most people to buy a game to experience online play.

imo online play is the best way to combat piracy and 2k are only shooting themselves in the foot by not including online play.

Mods will no doubt find a way to make it online but like gta san andreas, it doesn't need a legit cd key to use the mod.

why no online? this makes the game more valuable for those who take the pirated version,since usually people buy original cuz of the online experience. now without it,it doesn't matter.. :-(

doh...what a wrong move... i definitely gonna get it for my PC since,i do think my desktop more superior than my pS3. haha.

Its on the US store.

Tobi how do you compare NBA 2k9 to NBA Live 2009? Which one is better in your opinion?

Cheers

Tobi how do you compare NBA 2k9 to NBA Live 2009? Which one is better in your opinion?

Cheers

Based on the two demos there is no doubt in my mind that 2K9 is the superior game again, 2K9 is true sim whilst Live 09 doesn't know what it wants to be. Live plays far too arcadey for my liking and 2K9 just looks and plays real basketball.

Some have said that Live has always had the better graphics whilst 2K had the superior gameplay, this year 2K have taken their graphics engine to another level so that 'arguement' is aimless now.

If you want a sim 2K9 is the way to go, if you want a pick up and play game then Live is the way to go.

PS: I played the NBA 09 demo and its a poor excuse of a basketball game, its a shame that Sony has the TNT license too.

Back
Top Bottom