NBA 2K9 - PS3/360/PC

Re: NBA 2K9 - PS3/360...PS2

Based on the two demos there is no doubt in my mind that 2K9 is the superior game again, 2K9 is true sim whilst Live 09 doesn't know what it wants to be. Live plays far too arcadey for my liking and 2K9 just looks and plays real basketball.

Some have said that Live has always had the better graphics whilst 2K had the superior gameplay, this year 2K have taken their graphics engine to another level so that 'arguement' is aimless now.

If you want a sim 2K9 is the way to go, if you want a pick up and play game then Live is the way to go.

PS: I played the NBA 09 demo and its a poor excuse of a basketball game, its a shame that Sony has the TNT license too.

Thanks tobi. I'm gonna try the demo tonight.

how about people might as well not be theiving little pricks and not pirate the game, how about that?

how about people might as well not be theiving little pricks and not pirate the game, how about that?

While piracy has as much to do with theft as shouting "What a nice ass" at a woman (that has a really nice rear) has to do with rape....alot of people see capitalism as your death=my life system with only moral being the dollar....

While piracy has as much to do with theft as shouting "What a nice ass" at a woman (that has a really nice rear) has to do with rape....alot of people see capitalism as your death=my life system with only moral being the dollar....

im not getting into this again with you idiots, but its theft, if you pirate your a thief, a no good thief at that. Criminal, immoral, unethical, and wrong. end of rant. If it wasnt for capitalism you wouldnt have an xbox or ps3, so STFU.

im not getting into this again with you idiots, but its theft, if you pirate your a thief, a no good thief at that. Criminal, immoral, unethical, and wrong. end of rant. If it wasnt for capitalism you wouldnt have an xbox or ps3, so STFU.

Theft is appropriation of property belonging to another with intention to permanently deprive....
I dont support the free sharing mentality Im just saying that while capitalism is 100% immoral and makes laws that suit it....piracy is not even 1% more immoral than capitalism....

So two wrongs make a right? Grow up with your capitalism remarks, it's always been there and always will be, you can't use that as a justification for stealing. Immoral or not, piracy is a crime.

Get back on topic people.

Last edited:

So two wrongs make a right? Grow up with your capitalism remarks, it's always been there and always will be, you can't use that as a justification for stealing. Immoral or not, piracy is a crime.

Get back on topic people.

Piracy (in the personal use sence not selling) IS A CIVIL MATTER...the company sues you and gets huge amounts of cash out of you...sorry guys i did not study in law school for nothing...
Anyway it is immoral...not because it is supposedly "illegal" cause there are things that are legal but at the same time HUGELY IMMORAL....

You're right, piracy is largely a civil matter when concerned with IP law, for example infringement of copyright etc. However, downloading and sharing is STEALING to the letter of the law which amounts to THEFT, a CRIMINAL LAW MATTER. Law school aside, how can you not see that?

As I said above, regardless of whether downloading and sharing is immoral, it is a criminal offence for which you could be prosecuted. Whether companies decide to pursue civil or criminal litigation is another matter...

That's my final word on the matter as this has gone totally off topic.

Back on topic, is there any news on whether we will be getting a roster update on the European PSN network from time to time?

Last edited:

downloading is not stealing, the likes of pirate bay etc are SHARING the file not locking it away with bags amount of passwords and other security measures. its there for everyone to download. the hackers are the ones who stole the info but people who download it are not stealing it as the original person who hacked it is SHARING.

you can moan what u want but online MP is what makes most people buy pc games and 2k removed that so expect this game to be "shared" like mad

downloading is not stealing, the likes of pirate bay etc are SHARING the file not locking it away with bags amount of passwords and other security measures. its there for everyone to download. the hackers are the ones who stole the info but people who download it are not stealing it as the original person who hacked it is SHARING.

you can moan what u want but online MP is what makes most people buy pc games and 2k removed that so expect this game to be "shared" like mad

this is clearley the most restarded argument i have ever heard for downloading stealing etc... what your describing is called POSSESION OF STOLEN GOODS. This is a crime when you know it was stolen in the first place. Sharing, downloading, there both crimes. Whoever said there a lawyer, and this is not a crime, either lives in china, russia, or hong kong and apparently sweeden(i still cant believe this).

sorry for the off topic, I went to get my game today and the shit head from gamestop said it is not out till tommorow, even thought other stores in the mall were selling it. I could not buy it cause i turnend in a bunch of games and got $112 credit. NICE.

this is clearley the most restarded argument i have ever heard for downloading stealing etc... what your describing is called POSSESION OF STOLEN GOODS. This is a crime when you know it was stolen in the first place. Sharing, downloading, there both crimes. Whoever said there a lawyer, and this is not a crime, either lives in china, russia, or hong kong and apparently sweeden(i still cant believe this).

sorry for the off topic, I went to get my game today and the shit head from gamestop said it is not out till tommorow, even thought other stores in the mall were selling it. I could not buy it cause i turnend in a bunch of games and got $112 credit. NICE.
ahh i see well i dont care, i buy all my games anyway:LOL::LOL:

cant play online with pirated games plus im a programmer so i know these guys who make these games work their ass off and deserve my money's worth if its a good product:TU:

ahh i see well i dont care, i buy all my games anyway:LOL::LOL:

cant play online with pirated games plus im a programmer so i know these guys who make these games work their ass off and deserve my money's worth if its a good product:TU:

agreed, and im a stock holder in certain software firms, and what people who pirate dont realize, is there not just taking money from bill gates, and guys like that, i mean i see this fucking rationale all the time, "oh so bill gates gets richer, who cares" its bullshit, cause the people who get hurt the most are the shareholders, who retirement funds are in there.

That is 100% absurd. Of course you are stealing.

Look, people break the law all the time, there is no sense trying to justify what you are doing. You are taking something that is not yours, from someone that you certainly know is not in position to be giving it away for free legitimately.

It doesn't make you the moral equivalent of a rapist/murderer... but let's not kid ourselves, you are breaking the law in just about every country on earth.

Last edited:

That is 100% absurd. Of course you are stealing.

Look, people break the law all the time, there is no sense trying to justify what you are doing. You are taking something that is not yours, from someone that you certainly know is not in position to be giving it away for free legitimately.

It doesn't make you the moral equivalent of a rapist/murderer... but let's not kid ourselves, you are breaking the law in just about every country on earth.

Youre clueless...stealing means theft....theft is a criminal offence...
So only one that has IQ like 10 would equalize copyright civil infigment to theft....

I'm waiting for Movietyme to despatch my copy, I may not get it until late next week.

I've read on OS that 2K have taken out the option to take FT's with the Sixaxis, what a stupid thing to do!!!

Last edited:

So only one that has IQ like 10 would equalize copyright civil infigment to theft....

he actually has a law degree from a very very good law school. And he is absolutely right, im not sure what laws your country have, but if you think walking into a store a stealing a video game from the shelves is copyright infringement, then please go to new york city and do that, and see what happens. Its no different then downloading a game you have not paid for. Its criminal. DOWNLOADING A GAME YOU HAVENT PAID FOR IS STEALING.

p.s.
im getting this game today LOL

First, it's always important to spell and grammar check you sentences before accusing someone else of having an IQ of 10. A friendly FYI.

Second, I was indeed saying that stealing (as defined by downloading pirated software off the internet) is a criminal offense. Just because you can also be sued in civil court, doesn't make it NOT a criminal offense. Take O.J. Simpson for example, he was found not guilty in his criminal trial for the Brentwood murders, but was then found civilly liable for wrongful death for the same killings. Through one action, O.J. was potentially criminal and civilly liable. Similarly for stealing. (Criminal - theft, Civil - wrongful conversion or right's infringement)

Third, it looks like another victory for the 2k series as nearly all reviewers are giving the nod for it over the Live series yet again. EA has made major strides in all of its sports games, but is seems the "best NBA game title" still eludes its grasp. It's great to see EA finally making major strides to improve their sports games... just as good to see the 2k series fighting back... and winning.

Last edited:

First, it's always important to spell and grammar check you sentences before accusing someone else of having an IQ of 10. A friendly FYI.

Second, I was indeed saying that stealing (as defined by downloading pirated software off the internet) is a criminal offense. Just because you can also be sued in civil court, doesn't make it NOT a criminal offense. Take O.J. Simpson for example, he was found not guilty in his criminal trial for the Brentwood murders, but was then found civilly liable for wrongful death for the same killings. Through one action, O.J. was potentially criminal and civilly liable. Similarly for stealing. (Criminal - theft, Civil - wrongful conversion or right's infringement)

Third, it looks like another victory for the 2k series as nearly all reviewers are giving the nod for it over the Live series yet again. EA has made major strides in all of its sports games, but is seems the "best NBA game title" still eludes its grasp. It's great to see EA finally making major strides to improve their sports games... just as good to see the 2k series fighting back... and winning.

LOL, good to see around again eatonj... no one to sue these days?

Legally (at least in Europe Union) you can be sued for distributing culture products illegaly, but you, as an individual, can't be prosecuted for having cultural products no matter if you downloaded them. There's something called "cultural property right" (maybe the meaning it's lost in translation) that means you can have "copies" of cultural products if it's only for your consumption.

The key is the word "copy" (which implies that you possess the original) and the concept "cultural product" (blurry as hell). In this times it's hard to legally define it properly when talking about and individual. Technically, sharing a VHS cassette with a movie with your girlfriend is as illegal as downloading a game. Or even putting a song in a party you do at home. It's illegal!

Now, we all know common sense is something more easy to understand than laws, and its common sense that downloading games is MORE illegal than lending a movie to a friend.

But... it really is?

Now the important on topic thing: I'm off to buy the game! Fifa, Nba 2k9 and LittleBigPlanet in the same month. Epic! History of videogaming!

Legally (at least in Europe Union) you can be sued for distributing culture products illegaly, but you, as an individual, can't be prosecuted for having cultural products no matter if you downloaded them. There's something called "cultural property right" (maybe the meaning it's lost in translation) that means you can have "copies" of cultural products if it's only for your consumption.

The key is the word "copy" (which implies that you possess the original) and the concept "cultural product" (blurry as hell). In this times it's hard to legally define it properly when talking about and individual. Technically, sharing a VHS cassette with a movie with your girlfriend is as illegal as downloading a game. Or even putting a song in a party you do at home. It's illegal!

Now, we all know common sense is something more easy to understand than laws, and its common sense that downloading games is MORE illegal than lending a movie to a friend.

But... it really is?

Now the important on topic thing: I'm off to buy the game! Fifa, Nba 2k9 and LittleBigPlanet in the same month. Epic! History of videogaming!

in america the same law applies, if you own the original you can back it up, its very clear. There isnt gray area, either you bought the game or not.

this has nothing to do with what we are talking about

"Technically, sharing a VHS cassette with a movie with your girlfriend is as illegal as downloading a game. Or even putting a song in a party you do at home. It's illegal!"

that is not illegal by our standard at all. Its quite legal as long as you PAID for the rental and the music. again whats the gray area here or blurriness, to me there is none. If you rent the VHS tape, and copy it, and give it to your friends, ITS A CRIME. I dont seen any blurriness here my friend. If the law in europe is written that way it sounds like they are trying to decriminalize the notion of consuming, much like some states in our country decriminalize the consumption of marijuana. That makes sense to me, but what does not make sense is that consumers of illeagal shared down loadable video games, are stealing. Someone who smokes weed is not being charged with stealing anything, the actuall act of smoking is the illeagal part. They dont care how they got it. Same applies to video games, it shouldnt matter if you walked into a store and stole it off the shelf, or went on the internet and downloaded it for free, there both illegal and there isn't a difference. The only difference is in which way the illegal act was committed. Which doesnt matter in the first place, because either way YOUR IN POSSESSION OF STOLEN GOODS. I would love to see the exact way the european law is written, if it is true that consumers cant be prosecuted for downloading illegal music, videos, or games, then thats just bad law. plain and simple.

Chill out!!!!! I'm not in disagreement with, you, just stating some blurriness there is INDEED. If I buy a movie, I can't lend it to my father for him to watch it alone. It's forbidden. That was my point, that the law it's quite clear but very restrictive and sometimes it's better to apply common sense.

LOL, good to see around again eatonj... no one to sue these days?

Oh no, there are plenty of folks to sue. Although I'm doing more criminal work nowadays... now there's a job with built in security, criminals are everywhere.

Anyone have the game yet?

I've been playing it for a couple of days now and I can safely say after being impressed with Live 09, 2K edges it.

Have you tried the 5 on 5 online?

Thanks.

No, haven't tried any online features yet still getting to grips with the game, one thing that sticks out though is the AI and how clever it is, if your not marking your man properly or you've got yourself in a mismatch the AI will punish you, you've got to really set up defensively. The presentation of the game is excellent and has an authentic feel to it, the graphics are great and the atmosphere on court is amazing best basketball game I've played in a while.

Back
Top Bottom