New interview - explains edit mode, no bundesliga and may things

People, you missunderstood something. Seabass didn't say that the xbox360 version will not include the animations of the ps2 version. he only says, that there are no NEW animations on the xbox360 version! all the animations of the ps2 version are also included in the xbox version...

Id rather they delayed the game then give us a half hearted attempt as it beginning to sound im really dissapointed now. :(

4Players: Why doesn't one have the full editing function, which possesses the PS2-Fassung on the Xbox 360?
Seabass: We had to be limited here simply for time reasons to the substantial. The editing function of the PS2 is so complex, since one can change each detail. And there for the Xbox 360 many new diagrams use, we still at least six to twelve months for the full editing extent would have used. But I promise now already that the next PES will likewise offer on the Xbox 360 everything.

This doesnt say that you wont be able edit kits etc, its just saying that you wont have the full editing capabilities of the ps2, so dont feel disheartened just yet!

hmm...I'm getting a bit worried too. in almost every interview seabass has been talking about everything that will be better in the next pes, so it seems he doesn't have faith in pes 6. he said the online play will be better in the next years version, and now he says the edit mode will be better next year...sigh

DiscoStu1985 said:
PEOPLE WE ARE IN TROUBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The new PES for Xbox 360 looks like its gonna be not to much different and people are saying they might go to fifa because of no edit mode!!!!!!!!

Ive looked at Fifa 07 for xbox 360 and i think its the same bad gameplay so i think that we might all come to the conclusion that we will all boycott both games,

but what will we play???????????

Lol i completley agree. Basically my PES is still on pre order, i've been playing the game since #3, so i dont think i'll abandon it without giving it a chance at least. But i'm not getting my hopes up.

Maybe what seabass it talking about is that, edit mode is in, but it isnt as in-depth in terms of - e.g. in kit editing - there are more kit editing options in the PS2 version than the 360.

i dont know, maybe we should just hope he meant that ^^? ;)

Has anyone wondered that the reason there's no transfers, editing etc..is that because there might be updates downloadable for the game on the marketplace in the future ? Of course, I doubt they would be free. Maybe another way to take a little more of our money...Just a thought I had.

No, they are just late with the game; there was no time to do.
I think you better cannot expect this on marketplace.

They arent even aloud to do online updates due to licensing issues/conflicts (with EA) i presume. He's already said that in another interview.

This i think is a very true comment:
Doesn't sound very bad with the editing mode in my ears. Maybe cou can't change player's face and so on, but I'm sure you can transfer players and change names. This wouldn't be any effort for KONAMI I think...

And thats what we are getting by the looks of things, they didnt have to put any effort in so that has stayed. If you recap what has been said in the interview its looking like a pes6 light version for the 360:
Animation: ported over from ps2 with extra facial and hand expressions and ballcontrol (when controlling a pass and shooting).
Graphics: Stadiums and fans are the same as the ps2 version (and if thomas is right we are getting 8 of them instead of the 35 on the ps2) which follows seabass' comment that 'some will do'.
Teams: No german league (with a 360 image showing no league c, which would tie in with the editing options)
Editing: Not a lot, to much work to make new diagrams for the kits/logo's etc. so we get player name editing, hopefully teamname editing and thats about it.

Amusing comment from seabass:
We collect the feedback very with the utmost care and want each year with realistic football a new enthusiasm to kindle.

BOLLOCKS!!!!

Id also like to know who the hell is there projectmanager as he is shit at planning the work. Nearly everything that is lacking is due to lack of time. Yet the ps2 version is pes5 with slightly different gameplay, ie very little difference/work. The pc/xbox are ports and the 360 version is a light version. What have they been doing for the past 18 months? You get the impression they have seabass and some oap(old age pensioner / 65+) working behind him at a desk with no light trying to get everything ready.

PhatBene said:
People, you missunderstood something. Seabass didn't say that the xbox360 version will not include the animations of the ps2 version. he only says, that there are no NEW animations on the xbox360 version! all the animations of the ps2 version are also included in the xbox version...

FOR THE LAST TIME, THERE IS NO XBOX VERSION

I dont really post on here much and i am more of a reader than a poster..however i do post on pesfan and a guy on there had this to say about the edit mode...take from it what you will...

"I asked a guy who is taking names for the tournament if this was the full game the guy said no this is a promotional copy and not the full game I realized this when I could not find old Trafford and only a few grounds.

Ok lads I am off to download the Fifa demo.

Some of The Q And A i have already given to cetain people

Who are the Licensed Teams?

United and arsenal from England

French league

Spanish league and Italian league

International – Italy I saw were licensed

questions

1: Is it really slow and do the players react like they do in evo 5?
2: Shooting whats it like?
3: Passing is it controlled or does it go anywhere?
4: Chipping is it pantz?
5: Crowd noise? club chants ect....
6: Commentary - The main one im concerned with TBH plz plz plz tell me that they have gopt rid of those two boring twits and got that guy frfom channel 5 woop now that would be aweome!

Answers

1 - The game is considerably slower and more realistic than the other pro evolutions but I am very confident after 2 - 3 games we will love it the same . Reaction is more down to you now for example when a pass it made if you come towards the ball its quicker if you just sit back and wait for the ball to arrive at your feet its slower. There is also a great option for quicker players for example my friend was Henry if you catch the ball perfect when it arrived to you the faster players will leave the defenders for dead but with Rio I had time to catch up when he slowed down to make the shot.

2 - Shooting is a lot harder than the other versions i have to say. But i looked on other screens and it looks like the cutback is still in force although its much harder to get into a cutback position. I think with the shooting your going to have to place your shot allot more rather than just hit the shoot button and hope for the best with Adriano.

3 – The passing is also down to you if you do not direct it right the ball goes anywhere if you’re not careful with your pass. You have to be precise using the pad and make sure you direct your pass to the player you intend it to go to.

4 - Did not try to chip and did not see anyone doing it i only got 1 game mate.

5 - i think volume was off mate i did not hear the crowd or the commentary because the kiosks are so close to each others and with that many people playing and talking you would not be able to hear it anyway.

6 - I can confirm that commentary hosts are still the same the “boring 2 gits” as you like to call them."

He also says they were only allow one game each...which does make me wonder whether the guy talking about edit mode is really telling the truth..

tiktiktiktik said:
Id also like to know who the hell is there projectmanager as he is shit at planning the work. Nearly everything that is lacking is due to lack of time. Yet the ps2 version is pes5 with slightly different gameplay, ie very little difference/work. The pc/xbox are ports and the 360 version is a light version. What have they been doing for the past 18 months? You get the impression they have seabass and some oap(old age pensioner / 65+) working behind him at a desk with no light trying to get everything ready.

Hilarious - that's the image i often get of Konami! Anyway, I've bought an LCD for PES6 (been playing since PES1) so it better be bloody good! It's easy to get downhearted when you read these forums for too long and look at every comment in microscopic detail -i always make myself feel better by reading the reviews in Edge or Games TM if i haven't already played the game myself - they normally understand football well enough to tell if the games up to scratch or not....

how does he know if it was the same crappy comentry if the sound was off??????.. The game sounds shite prob just wait for the pc version now.. Every single pro evo the old chessnut comes up that the new version cannot be patched etc etc.. Within a week or two of release however some clever sod sorts it out

I don't care too much if you can't edit appearences, the players look fine to me anyway, aslong as i can register players and hopefully change stats that would do. But i'm not going to make excuses for Konami this is just pure lazy! The diting lads on this forum could have done better! lol

well i downloaded a trailer and the crowd noise was pretty decent. (although it wasnt actual gameplay footage), but why use different sound effects?

and the liscenced teams, only United and Arsenal?? havent there been screenshots of chelsea being liscenced as well? these were like, the first two screenshots ever to be released.

The Tedster said:
how does he know if it was the same crappy comentry if the sound was off??????.. The game sounds shite prob just wait for the pc version now.. Every single pro evo the old chessnut comes up that the new version cannot be patched etc etc.. Within a week or two of release however some clever sod sorts it out

The match intro sequence usually names and shames the commentators. Peter Brackley and Trevor Brooking. :roll:

Wait til the game is released..maybe someone making up all these things and it seems most people are falling for them hook line and sinker...

Ive not heard anyone say there are ONLY 8 stadiums or no edit mode...

Until someone with credability does..i refuse to believe so.

Hasnt thomasGoal said as much regarding the stadiums? And seabass comments back that up. Same for the editing options. Offcourse we wont know for sure till we actually get the game, but the comments coming out dont look very positive.

i cant understand what Seabass said in the artikel. He said they didn't use new animations because there are a lot of them and it would take years of work to re-define them. But they have to rebuild the engine for the next-gens right? Or else we will have crappy updated animations every year. He also said the Ps3 version was almost completed, so there are no "newer" animations in that version also.
I kind of like what EA did, build a completely new engine, and accept that they just can't deliver all the content. EA will now build on based on the new engine every year and deliver new content. Konami will just update the current engine content, cause they just can't deliver a new engine in the one year like Seabass said. I hate this but also hate FiFA, so i must buy PES eventhough i dont like it very much....

ThomasGOAL said:
http://www.jeuxvideo.tv/pro-evolution-soccer-6-video-26135.html
listen when the time are on 13:30 you can listen "Huit stades dans la version 360" that mean "8 stadiums in the 360 version"

ive seen you post this before, but all im saying is that that is the only website to say that....ive not heard of anyone else mentioning 8 stadiums..

Are you sure they have the full version??

delboyukuk said:
ive seen you post this before, but all im saying is that that is the only website to say that....ive not heard of anyone else mentioning 8 stadiums..

Are you sure they have the full version??

also, on a spanish website, they mentioned stadio rizor being in which would mean at least 9. he french guys could aswell have played a beta.
don't really care about number of stadiums tho, as long as the edit mode is not as half-assed i assume

Back
Top Bottom