Newcastle United thread

Dyer for Huth and cash.
What do you think of this deal?
I still think we need a proper replacement for Woodgate: someone to organize that back line properly, someone experienced enough. Dunno who, though.

Is Dyer currently injured? seems as though he hasnt been playing for ages!

Sounds more like he's out of favor with Souness as well and if he keeps whining about playing in center midfield, no chance he's gonna play anytime soon. I say: let him go and get another defensive player to partner Butt.

Last edited:
Ok, I might have dramatized Dier's situation at NUFC :D
I think he should claim the right wing with Ambrose and get on with it, and leave the centre midfiled to Bowyer and Butt. This would allow Shearer, Kluivert and Bellamy to rotate without having to reshuffle the formation.
As for the defense, can you think of a good candidate?

I prefer jenas over boywer anyday in the center with butt. Also robert has been putting in some good performances and also tracking back. However im not sure if putting bellamy on the right is that good. He can barely cross the ball. But hes fast definetly down the side. I can't see him pushing shearer or kluivert out of the main stiker positions. Kluivert has great technique compared to all of the players on the team. Plus his awareness is quality.

R Dubua said:
I prefer jenas over boywer anyday in the center with butt. Also robert has been putting in some good performances and also tracking back. However im not sure if putting bellamy on the right is that good. He can barely cross the ball. But hes fast definetly down the side. I can't see him pushing shearer or kluivert out of the main stiker positions. Kluivert has great technique compared to all of the players on the team. Plus his awareness is quality.

very true about pk very true

once again last nite Kluivert was sublime, his vision, first touch and all round awareness of play is just superb, Shearer must love playin alongside him or Bellamy... just a shame he didnt gain the goal that he deserved

OK, nothing to do with it but does anyone know where I could find NUFC UEFA Home kit (white number&name on black square on the back)? The only euro kit I could find is the yellow one -_- Cheers :D

Last edited:
goal of the month by pk may be scholes;s shades it but boy is he on his way back

come one pk the time is now and the same goes to the magpies

It was a nice goal. Hopefully he'll get a few more. And hopefully our defence will get sorted in the jan transfer window. We have too many injuries to a really average defence. So overall its pretty awful now.

Thought you started off great today and were unlucky not to add to the first goal. A little unlucky towards the end though after regaining the momentum Everton took from you in the middle of the game. Always a hard physical game against the blues.

These Magpies are killing me. Why do we beat teams, out play 70-30%, but can't win?

Yeah u too. I don't think you can give un on souness just yet. We can see where he gets us by the end of the season. Hopefully he can make some good signings in the transfer window. If we can sort out our defensive problems we could move up the table quite well.

Looks like we could be getting babayaro from chelsea which would be a decent addition to the defence and improve them a bit. But we will still need a leader in defence and a top quality one at that. But hopefully we will get him for a cut down price since he isn't really playing much for them.

Babayaro is a done deal now. Looks like he is the replacement for bernard who has been refusing the contracts being offered to him. So he could be offloaded during the january transfer window and replaced by babayaro. It was for an undisclosed fee but i can't imagine it being to much money as chelsea seem to get rid of players on the cheap buck. As long as we get some more good defenders in this seems to be a good deal. Bernard was a good player and probably the best of the defensive positions. Babayao seems to be a slightly better player but i think we need a lot better center back who can lead the line.

Hello NUFC fans, just popped in to talk about Babayaro. What do you make of it? I think he is no more than a replacement (for Bernard when he leaves) as mentioned above, and little else. I have to admit to never really lfavouring CB. I've always seen him as a bit of headless chicken, and he won't give you much in defence. He does however make the odd good break and cross, but nothing better than Bernard does already. He probably be a better defensive left sided midfielder, in place of Robert, when you need to shut up shop. Any idea how much you paid for him? It was an undisclosed fee.

Boumsong and Distin will cost you a quoted 14million (9 and 5 respectively)

I wouldnt feel confident giving Souness that kind of cash, considering what he did at Blackburn with cash

It looks that way. They must have decided they need to cash in as they are very low on money and probably decided they may not get a better offer soon for boumsong. He needs to pass a medical and agree with the contract and i think hes ours.

Newcastle now has their top target and also babayaro whose a good player also. Not doing to bad so far in the trasfer market. I wonder if souness is planning on any other defensive buys or maybe he will look elsewhere to spend his money. Personally i think we still need another good center back. Our midfield is still good although we are missing butt while hes been injured. I just hope shearer can come back soon. Its not just his goals we are missing. Its also his presence and leadership qualities.

We finally got a win. I could be due to the defecne we already have in place panicking because of the new signings and actually performing up to a decent standard. We still made a 2 goal lead seem hard to hold onto. But in the end we got the three points we desperately needed. Hopefully with the new addition to the squad we may start moving up the table.

Back
Top Bottom