Newcastle United thread

Another shocking display yesterday...
Ameobi felt a bit alone up front, I reckon. Dyer is showing that he's motivated, which is good.
But the player who really impressed me was Charles Nzogbia: good runs on the left and seems to be able to beat his marker (as opposed to Robert).
I still think Souness is not good enough...

OBBB said:
Another shocking display yesterday...
Ameobi felt a bit alone up front, I reckon. Dyer is showing that he's motivated, which is good.
But the player who really impressed me was Charles Nzogbia: good runs on the left and seems to be able to beat his marker (as opposed to Robert).
I still think Souness is not good enough...
Nzogbia impressed me, but Dyer, jesus he needs to get his head on straight or take his ritalin, his concentratoin in the final third is horrible....

It looks like souness isn't going to get Distin for us as another bid or around 5 million has been rejected. But it looks like we may be getting Samuel Kuffour from bayern munich. So far he hasn't performed to his best this season but maybe he just needs to move onto another club for another challenge. Its supposdly into advanced stages.

Does anyone know how long is on his contract??? That would be a decent back line. With babayaro, boumsong and kuffour.

There has also been other reports of newcastle going for boa morte or yakubu. But i dont really see the need in another attacking player at the moment. Maybe we could get a replacement for shearer during the summer but not now. I suppose we have got alot of strikers injured. Shearer is taking a while to get back from his injury. Kluiverts been injured and just the other game bellamy got injured. Ameobi even has a bad shoulder, so we are having problems but im not sure if we need another striker.

Newcastle now seems to be intrested in amdy fae if skysports.com is reliable. But i can't really see where he would play. I don't know much about him but i think hes a defensive midfield player. But we already have nicky butt and jenas, so why the need for another one.

Someone said that souness spent loads of money at blackburn, is he doing the same here on unnessacery players.

newcastle is my team but they are doing my head in bellamy best striker GONE
Benard GONE
ANYMORE
what do u think

So who's the loon, Souness or Bellamy?

Also, Benard, not sure if this is true, but didn't he go for 400,000 quid?

Yeh, better than not get anything when his contract finishes at the end of the season.

Regarding the whole Bellamy/Souness/Fat Freddy scandal, they're all cocks the three of them. they are a bunch of egotistical arseholes. In pricipal im siding with souness although his methods of going about things are just plain stupid.

As for bellamy, he should have never rebeled for not wanting to play in a certain postion. At the end of the day the manager picks the squad and formation what he thinks is the best formation for the team at the current time. this might not be a player's best position but the manager is the boss. no player should refuse or find an excuse not to play in said position just because he prefers to play in another. day in and day out we see players like reyes, rooney, etc... playing in which ever position their managers tell them to, because its the manager who calls the decisions and not player. they are asked to do a job to help the club and they should do it with all the pride they have when they pull on their club's shirt.

Yes Bellamy is one of our best players but I'd rather not have him here and instead have a player in the club with half his talent but twice the heart and commitnent to the club. No one player ever wins a match on his one regardless of how good he is. It's a team effort.

Totally agree with everything you say Baggs. Especially about a player with more heart. I mean bellamy says he loves the club and maybe he does. But if he loves the club that much surely he could have given in to souness and played where he was told for the good of the team.

With bernard it was a case of sell him now for a bit of money or get nothing for him in the summer. He was obviously asking for wages that he wasn't going to be given.

notice nobody's been posting in here, but i've got a question:

I currently attend a private school (sorry if you lot call it different, it's a school where tuition is very very high and you have to wear uniform ...etc etc) and one of our teachers, an englishman, claims that he used to play for an english football club, one newcastle United. he has loads of GRANDE stories about how he used to play around the same time in history as the second world war, which is impossible due to the fact that there was no football being played then (right?) anyway, his name is Johnny McGrath. is there anyway somebody can find out if he actually played for the toon army and if possible find a picture of him?

thanks so much in advance

-fb

haha good eye milanista... that could be the man right there, at any rate, i only questioned his integrity after he told us (me and my mates) that he was "good personal friends with sir alex" (ferguson) and i was like, a newcastle player in good terms with fergie?! never!

haha alright cheers lads

-fb

1-0 for you guys.
Good game at least you can beat the damn rich Chealse team:)

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
BEACK OF DA NET
WELL WHO EVER WE FACE SHEAER AND THE MAGGS

only1tevez said:
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
BEACK OF DA NET
WELL WHO EVER WE FACE SHEAER AND THE MAGGS
Have absolutely no idea what you're talking about but well done Newcastle - not many have beaten them this season. :applause: Another thing, did Titus actually play well today? :mrgreen:

what i mean is now sheraer will do everyhting 2 win the fa cup
and

did Titus actually play well today?

man of the match he was 2day amazing proformance best game for him eva

We got another win today against liverpool. I could actually see us beating them before the game, since we are on this good run of wins and them just losing in the carling cup final. I hope this run of wins can continue especially in the premiership where we need some more to climb the table. I'd love to win either of the fa cup or the uefa cup. I don't think a 6th place finish is out for us yet. But i hope we can get an 8th place finish at least.

:lol:. Good game today vs Tottenham I thought. I saw the second half. And you had about 3 shots!

However you defended reasonably and Given made a superb double save from, Keane and Defoe.

Very entertaining last 10 mins!

We've got a tough draw in the fa cup now. If we can get past man u we will most probably be facing arsenal in the final. I'd love to win something this season. We already have one foot in the uefa cup quarters. I can't see why we can't beat man u the way we've been playing recently. They have been playing well also and i think there were the hardest opponents to be drawn against but if we didn't play them now we would have to play them in the final anyways. Come on newcasle!!!

footieBalla said:
notice nobody's been posting in here, but i've got a question:

I currently attend a private school (sorry if you lot call it different, it's a school where tuition is very very high and you have to wear uniform ...etc etc) and one of our teachers, an englishman, claims that he used to play for an english football club, one newcastle United. he has loads of GRANDE stories about how he used to play around the same time in history as the second world war, which is impossible due to the fact that there was no football being played then (right?) anyway, his name is Johnny McGrath. is there anyway somebody can find out if he actually played for the toon army and if possible find a picture of him?

thanks so much in advance

-fb

do you recognize your teacher in this?

newcastle_united_craig_david.jpg

Back
Top Bottom