Newcastle United thread

Whatever mack, Shearer won't be retiring.

And you guys won't be playing Arsenal in the cup final it will be Newcastle

ahhh welll 2 games 4-1 each way dont have much 2 say but i hope next season is one that would contain less troubles laurent robert thanks for every thing but close the door after ya

boumsong man of the match for me

nice to see pk and ruud share some words i heard about some rifts in the dutch camp

neways soldier on toon army

Nice to see a few geordies around, but why has this thread 'gone cold' !? :D SO is anyone going to the Deportivo game tonight? I am \\:o/

Mate Man Citys Best Player Is Robbie Fowler that shows the kind of class that club is :lmao: \\:o/

only1tevez said:
Mate Man Citys Best Player Is Robbie Fowler that shows the kind of class that club is :lmao: \\:o/
:lol: Which proves his point. Owen aint going to Newcastle.

only1tevez said:

He must have done somthing right, we finished above you in the league! :)

Predicted Position: 9th
Star man: Kieron Dyer
The England international has flattered to deceive for too long but this could be the season he finally proves his class to the Magpies faithful.
One to watch: Emre
An established world-class player he may be, but his technical skills and tenacious style will make him worth more than just a precautionary glance.
Manager: Graeme Souness
The Scot has yet to convince since moving to Tyneside from Blackburn and he will have to make a fine start if he is to keep the demanding Tyneside hoards on his side.
INS: Craig Moore (Borussia Monchengladbach) Emre (Internazionale), Lee Clark (Fulham) Scott Parker (Chelsea), Tim Krul (ADO Den Haag)
OUTS: Nicky Butt (Birmingham), Richard Offiong (Doncaster), Darren Ambrose (Charlton), Craig Bellamy (Blackburn), Laurent Robert (Portsmouth), Andy O'Brien (Portsmouth), Patrick Kluivert (Valencia), Aaron Hughes (Aston Villa), Jamie McClen (Carlisle)
Best signing: Scott Parker
Sky Bet Odds: 200/1
Likely top scorer: Alan Shearer

Live Sky dates: Arsenal (A) 14.8, Manchester United (H) 28.8, Blackburn (A) 18.9-PP, Wigan (A) 15.10-PP, Sunderland (H) 23.10-PP, West Brom (A) 30.10 Everton (A) 27.11, Arsenal (H) 10.12-PP, Liverpool (A) 26.12-PP,

IMO, the players going out are better than the ones coming in. Bad move by Newcastle.

Emre and Parker will be a huge asset though, a 9th place finish though? With Souness, hmm.

RuneEdge said:
IMO, the players going out are better than the ones coming in. Bad move by Newcastle.
Isn't that usual at Newcastle? Gotta feel sorry for them having Souness. The torture he put his through at Liverpool has taken a long, long time to get back on track. Team destroyer. :(

I think they may struggle with injuries personally, and with no quality replacement for Shearer and Kluivert (useless) gone, they may struggle to compete unless Milner/Ameobi start scoring for fun.

Wolmisted said:
I think they have a squad to fight the 5th or 6th position yet: Given, Emre, Carr, Jenas, Dyer, Shearer, Bowyer, Milner, Parker, Moore, Boumsong, Viana, Clark, Ameobi...
When I said midtable battle, I was talking about the arguement between the Man City fan and the Newcastle fan, lol.

I don't think we're gonna go anywhere this season, but we should for big Al. I think we need to go all out for the League Cup. Emre and Parker are great buys but we need a striker, left back and centre half. Owen and Anelka doesn't seem to be coming so Mr Souness better pull his finger out. The Coco deal is off, and with so many players leaving and no replacements coming in (e.g Bellamy) who knows :roll: ...

Hopefully he will play well for us. But i really hope that we will get owen. Although he really appears to want liverpool to move in for him. But you never know we may have owen in the ranks in the coming days. That would be a great signing. Then there would be some hope for a season to get started on. It would give the team morale a boost as it seems pretty low at the moment and hopefully the luque deal has brightened a few hearts in the dressing room.
we really need to start playing better and more confidently otherwise we are going to find ourselves out of the running for any european spot and even for a top half finish.
Hopefully luque will give us some more attacking options as i think its pathetic that we haven't scored a single goal yet.

I hope he knows what he's getting himself into, after all he could be facing two seasons of no european football. That's why Owen is dwindling on the deal.

Luque looked very sharp, if only he got that goal at the end, would have bene something special, your only goal :p

Overall, a draw might have been a fair result even though we didn't have as many clear cut chances as them. The first half hour or so was our best when we actually played quite attacking and looked like scoring for the first time this season. Dyers touch was appaling on more than one occasion, and if he felt his hamstring that early in the game, he should have come straight off, not tried to run it off where it might have done more damage(On SS he said he might have torn it, he'll be out for months then). Parker was great as always, clearing up and looking to play the ball forward most of the time. Bowyer looked a bit poor with his passing, putting us in danger on more than one occasion, and Jenas didn't look that great either when Bowyer was subbed.

The loss of Emre was probably the turning point for us, just when he'd started jinxing in between the Man U players, he felt his hamstring go. If he wasn't 100% going into the match, we shouldn't have risked him as he's too important to lose for a long period and if Dyer is out for a while, then that's two of our best attacking players gone :( When you lose players like that to injuries and have to bring on the likes of Ameobi and Faye, it shows what little depth and quality we have in the team at the moment.

Luque probably should have done better with the chance he had. Instead of doing the spectacular, he should have headed it where he would have had greater control over the direction of the shot. From that far out, any effort on target would have forced the keeper to make a save and maybe even a fumble. He could also have done better with the dissallowed goal, getting himself onside quicker.
What's the rule with that anyway? Van Der Sar was the last person to touch the ball so wasn't Luque been played onside :confused:

The second half was pretty bad, we didn't create anything and sloppy passing nearly cost us on a few occasions. Carr was lucky to stay on the pitch after pulling Ronaldo's arm, but the way Ronaldo fell might have made the ref play on. I don't think it was a penalty either, Van Nistelrooy played for it and didn't make any effort to go round the keeper.

The ref had a decent game, missed a few incidents for both teams but probably more for them. Slightly dissapointed with Boumsong when he has been so consistent before today, but those are probably the only mistakes he's made while he has been playing for us. Parker and Taylor were probably our best players today. Overall, I'm happy with the performance, the result was slightly dissapointing when we had the same amount of chances and more possesion, but before the game I predicted a 2-0 loss so I can't really complain.

Back
Top Bottom