Newcastle United thread

but still for a player who came like 3 days ago who hasnt EVER played in the premiership he must of done well :)

Im afraid this is gonna be out season's story unless we do something about our attack...or lack of to be exact. it's clear we need to get ride of a few players too. Namely Babayaro (too fecckin slow for the prem), faye, ameobi and obviously u dont have to be a rocket scientist to figure out shearer is way past it.

until emre and dyer had to go off that is. that was like taking the engine out of a car and pushing it downhill. destined to crash and burn ;) i actually feel sorry for souness.

Baggs said:
Im afraid this is gonna be out season's story unless we do something about our attack...or lack of to be exact. it's clear we need to get ride of a few players too. Namely Babayaro (too fecckin slow for the prem), faye, ameobi and obviously u dont have to be a rocket scientist to figure out shearer is way past it.
Luque did seem to add something to our attack today, he almost had as many chances today as we've had all season :lol:
Babayaro has been a waste of space since he joined, hardly played due to 'mystery' injuries he's always picking up. Faye, just awful. Ameobi tries hard and has great feet, it's just he'll never be a consistent Premiership scorer. Shearer has had very little to feed off so far this season due to the formation Souness has been playing, but he does look slightly past it now :(

your right baggs we were all on the attack so we can compete with them but we have very very bad luck

I agree. We should have Gerrard on the left with Parker in the center.
The man is a rock.

If England were to play with a straight DM it should go to Carrick. Anyone know what kind of get out clause Owens going to have?

i predicted top six this season and now i definately believe it.

4th place is up for grabs and if we can keep squad fit we can challenge for it

cartman said:
i predicted top six this season and now i definately believe it.

4th place is up for grabs and if we can keep squad fit we can challenge for it

Maybe if you could score a goal first and then take things from there!! :mrgreen:

I doubt it i still think top six will be a push, Shearer and Owen never played well for England together and i have huge reservations over Souness, seriously when has he ever took a club forward!?

So when is Souness getting the sack? :)

I mean Owen is great but how can Newcastle pay double of what Real Madrid did a year ago, the guy is one year older and didn't do anything better in Spain than in Livepool. :|

I suppose the chairman is the one who spent the money but Newcastle could have gotten a couple, maybe three really good players for that money if the manager had a good eye for talent.

Last edited:
So what has Souness done wrong exactly while he's been in charge to merit getting sacked?
When he first had the chance to strenghthen the defence, he bought Boumsong(who apart from those mistakes on Sunday has been immense) and Babayaro. He then took us on two cup runs to the semi final stage, only for suspensions, injuries and Nicky Butt to ruin it. This summer he has bought Parker, Emre, Moore and now Owen to make the squad stronger after getting rid of the trouble makers and crap players.

There's no point in sacking him when he hasn't had the time to bring in his own players :l

Bellamy was not a crap player or a trouble maker, Souness is the trouble maker, he decided he didn't like him the minute he was brought in.

Bellamy scored quite a few goals along side Shearer and deserved a full time place in his favourite postition.

he wasnt really all he did was just say that sounees is poor like the papers say so not really but i see what your saying but blellamy was class tho

Back
Top Bottom