Newcastle United thread

I wish some of the people who were thinking on getting kluivert would decide. Newcastle never seems to be decisive enough as they take too much time and let players slip through there fingers.

They should either tell kluivert they dont want him or table an offer.
Myself i'd love to see kluivert at newcastle and i hope newcastle gets there fingers out of there ass and table a friggin offer.

Given
(best keeper in premiership)

????? woodgate bramble bernard
(nuff said) (will come good) (why is he not in french team?)

Milner bowyer dyer robert
(future becks) (back 2 best) (pace, runs) (special player)

Shearer Kluivert
(God) (need I say more)

That isn't including subs
Bellamy
Jenas
Viana
Ameobi
Harper
Chopra
O'Brian

Any one of these subs would walk into Sunderlands team

Right, if you take your glasses off you may see the truth

Given - i agree, very good keeper, ONE of the best in prem
Man utd and chelsea have just as good keepers

?????? - you havent got a half decent right back
Man utd have Gary Neville (good right back)
Chelsea have Ferraira, Johnson who are both great right backs
Arsenal have Lauren

Woodgate - Class centre back, when fit - Bramble - absolute joke, shite nuff said
Man utd - Rio Ferdinand and Silvestre - Rio just as good if not better than woodgate and silvestre pisses on bramble
Chelsea - Terry just as good as woodgate
Arsenal - Sol Campbell best defender in prem imo, Toure miles better than bramble

Bernard - Good left back
O'Shea, Bridge and Cole all better imo

Milner - future becks? ha ha, good prospect but lets not get carried away eh
Ronaldo at manyoo is better, as is Pires

Bowyer - had 2 good games for you Dyer - shite, every newcastle fan i know wants rid of him
Vieira and Edu, Keane and Scholes, Lampard and makelele ALL BETTER

Robert - special player (on his day great but when he can be arsed and doesnt whinge)

Shearer and Kluivert (Shearer fantastic player i agree, nothing i can say. Kluivert, well we will see how he plays before making judgement)
Ruud and Saha, Henry and Reyes, Drogba/Mutu/Gudjohnsen/Kezman

The fact of the matter mate is that you dont have a team good enough to win the title

look at it this way, we will make a team out of the top 5

Keeper - ill give you given for arguments sake

Neville - Sol - Rio - Bridge

Pires - Vieira - Lampard - Duff

Ruud - Henry

f you think any of your players would get in that team your nuts

dont notice any mackems in there :mrgreen:

woodgate is a better defender than rio ferdinand tho i agree campbell is better,fitness has nothing to do with it

also shearer is as good as any striker in prem

henry is best but ruud is not better than shearer was at that age

he cant score same class of goal as shearer

ill agree with the rest but we already know we are way behind top three

super mick mcarthy said:
Given

Shearer Kluivert
(God) (need I say more)

Bellamy
Jenas
Viana
Ameobi
Harper
Chopra
O'Brian

Right, if you take your glasses off you may see the truth

Given - i agree, very good keeper, ONE of the best in prem
Man utd and chelsea have just as good keepers

?????? - you havent got a half decent right back
Man utd have Gary Neville (good right back)
Chelsea have Ferraira, Johnson who are both great right backs
Arsenal have Lauren

Woodgate - Class centre back, when fit - Bramble - absolute joke, shite nuff said
Man utd - Rio Ferdinand and Silvestre - Rio just as good if not better than woodgate and silvestre pisses on bramble
Chelsea - Terry just as good as woodgate
Arsenal - Sol Campbell best defender in prem imo, Toure miles better than bramble

Bernard - Good left back
O'Shea, Bridge and Cole all better imo

Milner - future becks? ha ha, good prospect but lets not get carried away eh
Ronaldo at manyoo is better, as is Pires

Bowyer - had 2 good games for you Dyer - shite, every newcastle fan i know wants rid of him
Vieira and Edu, Keane and Scholes, Lampard and makelele ALL BETTER

Robert - special player (on his day great but when he can be arsed and doesnt whinge)

Shearer and Kluivert (Shearer fantastic player i agree, nothing i can say. Kluivert, well we will see how he plays before making judgement)
Ruud and Saha, Henry and Reyes, Drogba/Mutu/Gudjohnsen/Kezman

The fact of the matter mate is that you dont have a team good enough to win the title

look at it this way, we will make a team out of the top 5

Keeper - ill give you given for arguments sake

Neville - Sol - Rio - Bridge

Pires - Vieira - Lampard - Duff

Ruud - Henry

f you think any of your players would get in that team your nuts

Given

Shearer Kluivert
(God) (need I say more)

Bellamy
Jenas
Viana
Ameobi
Harper
Chopra
O'Brian

:lmao:

Given is good but not that good
You dont have a right back thats worthy of note
Woodgate is a big thug and i havent seen anything of him worthy of a mention. Rio, Campbell, Terry, King, Southgate all better in my opinion
Bramble - your kidding yeah?
Bernard - He's ok but he aint up there with the best
Milner? Beckham? hahahahahahaha!
Bowyer? hahahahahahahaha!
Dyer? Got a reputation built on 2 games
Robert? Tempromental frenchie. Good on his day but is a waste of space 99% of the time
Shearer one of the best but Ruud and Henry are better
Kluivert? There for the pay packet.

Did Sir Bobby work with Paddy at Barca? Cant remember if he was there or not. . . .

I dont think he's gone to tyneside purely for the cash, i really think he wants to prove himself in the EPL, but only time will tell i guess.

The premiership is going to be really exciting this season, all these top class strikers.

terrible signing :( Am really dissapointed newcastle decided to go after Kluivert since I really like the team.

Patrick kluivert is no good. Skillfull and a decent header yes, but overall a completely clueless footballer.
He's unbeliveble lazy, spoilt and stupid, he has no concept or understanding how to act like a striker, when and when not to dribble, pass, shoot etc, and foremost he lacks understanding how to move like one. He never sprints to beginn with...

And i havent even started on his terrible finishing yet. Besides Kluivert-Shearer sounds like a way to static partnership, you'll need some pace and movement upfront

I just hope Bellamy against all odds remains remotely injury free this season...

I think it's a bit shocking half of these people coming on talking about how good or how bad newcastle players are.

Given is one of the best in the premiership but it's hard to say who is the best. Niemi can be put up there and so can others including schwartser even though i hate boro, i still think he is a good keeper.

Woodgate is easily one of the top 4 defenders in england and i don't really think you can compare ledly king to him. Maybe campell, terry and ferdinand are better. Boro obviosly you're gonna say southgates better. But most people have to realise thats not the truth. I mean wouldn't southgate be played for england if he was that good.

Bramble ok he isn't that good but hes only like 21 and working next to woodgate hes only gonna get better. For his age he isn't half bad.

Bernard. I was a bit worried about him at the start of the season but by the end he was really making good forward runs and did pretty well defensively. He is more like a winger but he is also very young.

We need a good right back

Dyer is top quality always working hard and as fast as sh*t. How can you say newcastle fans want rid of him.

Bowyer is decent but nothing special. That may be becasue of injury and he isn't back to his best but who knows.

Millner seems to be a decent prospect but i don't see how someone could say he is the future becks.

Robert he is very inconsistent and shoots to often from long distance. Maybe he gets a couple in but i think a few crosses would be better. In fact i think millner could be played a few times instead of robert as millner can also play left midfiled.

Jenas is a very good prospect and always improving. I can see him getting alot of starts next season maye instead of robert.

Shearer tries hard for the team and almost always performs. Great at holding up the ball and still scores loads of goals. Top player and is still in the top three strikers in the prem.

Kluivert. I can't wait to see how he performs next year and i think he will do fine. Bellamy can be inconsistant and misses so easy finishes.

Overall Newcastle need a right back and maybe another left midfield to replace robert. Some people may look back at some of roberts amazing goals last season but apart from that he is very lazy in trying to get the ball back and holds the ball to long or goes for amazingly long shots even from free kicks. But i suppose he can deliver good crosses from the corner.

With a few changes we can get back in for a shot or at least challenge for forth. At the moment i can see us ending in fifth or even sixth as alot of teams have improved. ie boro, spurs. Plus there is alot of time for teams to get more players. So things could change before the start of the prem.

Also aston villa did very well last year.

Woodgate is easily one of the top 4 defenders in england and i don't really think you can compare ledly king to him. Maybe campell, terry and ferdinand are better. Boro obviosly you're gonna say southgates better. But most people have to realise thats not the truth. I mean wouldn't southgate be played for england if he was that good.

And Woodgate does?

Bramble ok he isn't that good but hes only like 21 and working next to woodgate hes only gonna get better. For his age he isn't half bad.

Wrong, hes absoloutely shite. no argument about it. If any newcastle fan is honest they will admit this

Dyer is top quality always working hard and as fast as sh*t. How can you say newcastle fans want rid of him.

tell you what mate, you get five people who actually go to games often and ask them what they think of him. one of my best mates goes regurally and thinks he's pish, along with the rest of my mag mates.

Damn right woodgate does and any self respecting england would play woodgate. The only reason he wasn't playing was because he was injured. I am being honest about bramble as i don't think you can expect a 21 year old to be amazing. Obviolsly he ain't the best around and there is about three quarters of the prem better than him but with woodgate next to him he's bound to get better if not away he goes.

Dyer wotever really. I ain't gonna get five mates to talk about dyer as they are all boro fans so there you go.

Damn right woodgate does and any self respecting england would play woodgate. The only reason he wasn't playing was because he was injured

Sorry but he's never gonne push Rio or Sol out of the first 11 no matter who the manager is

Well i didn't say the first eleven as they are taken by those two but he would have been in the squad and playing a couple of matches during the tournament if not for the injury.

Titus Bramble's family live near my mum. Whenever I see him in town he always seems to have about 6 Big Macs ready to scoff. Make of that what you will.

I played against him a couple of times when we were about 14 and he marked me once too. I managed to score, and I'm pretty shit, so I don't know how good that makes him really.
:)

Southgate would have been with England and possibly playing was it not for injury either. So thats that arguement out of the window as well. The 'Gate is more experienced than Woodgate and at present is the better player in my opinion. As for Dyer he's utter pish. I can name one good thing about him. Pace? Useless if he cant beat a player or control a ball which from what ive seen he cant.

woodgate is in the top 3 best defenders in the premiership IMO, he is class. anybody who watches newcastle a lot could tell you how much of a difference it is having him in defence. he was absolutely astonishing before he got injured against chelsea last season.

Southgate is too old now. Woodgate is in his prime and even if southgate was in his prime i doubt he was as good as woodgate. The only people who think southgate is better is the boro fans and maybe a few sunderland fans. Also the only reason southgate was being considered was because woodgate was also out.

The only thing southgate has over other england players is experiance and thats cus he's in his final year or two as a footballer.

I just want to say one thing about the Shearer is good but Ruud , Henry are better thing

Alan Shearer is arguably the greatest centre forward England has ever had with Lineker and Greaves the fact is the man has never played in a great team for club or country but his goals have given all the teams he has played for a chance of winning something just imagine how many more goals he would have scoured had he been with the players Ruud ,Henry have had the pleasure of playing with and don’t forget the injures without them I think we would still have had him palying for england all the way up to for euro 04

and here is a little fact

Major Tournaments

Shearer played in 3 Tournaments and scoured 9 goals in 12 games

Lineker played in 4 Tournaments and scoured 10 goals in 17 games

Owen played in 4 Tournaments and scoured 6 goals in 14 game

thats off the top of my head

Shearer's England record is good, but far from fantastic

Micheal Owen has to score 3 more and hes on par with him

also, Shearer only scored a few more than David Platt and he played in centre mid

When Shearer packs his bags and goes off to creosote his fence after this season he will be remembered as one of the best premiership strikers, but will also be remebered for winning next to nothing.

If he went to Manyoo when he had the chance he would have had 3 or 4 more championship medals in his cabinet, rather than winning absoloutely fuck all with Newcastle :)

Fiver says Patrick Kluivert is shite this season. His play is too slow and deliberate for the Premiership. Risky signing, IMO.

yes 30 in 63 is good and maybe not great but don’t forget shearer under terry v played 11 or 12 games as a lone striker in that Christmas tree formation thing and didn’t score and the fact that he missed 3 major tournaments and 2 1/2 or so years football with 3 potentially career ending injury’s and would probably have played for England all the way to euro 04 . I think he would have the England record for goals which is held by Bobby Charlton a midfield player as David Platt is a midfield player

but that’s speculation the fact is in major compactions his record is what to look at I mean its as good as lineker’s (most people’s choice as England’s best striker of all time) maybe better only one goal less and playing in a whole tournament less

as for how he will be remembered it will be as the best striker in prem history I think Henry is class and van nis also but i wonder if thay will be scoring 28 goals or so a season at 33 in a team only fighting for 4th place

no he didn’t go to man u where he would have won all the medals there are to win in club football do you think he didn’t think of that at the time
instead he went home to the club he loves and has done all he can to win something who knows there’s one more year come on alan!!!!! :D

Back
Top Bottom