Newcastle United thread

It was a close game,the score line said it all.It could have gone to anyone.To be honest,Newcastle lost the midfield battle.Keane was inspirational and was free to assist both goals leaving Djemba-Djemba to do the dirty job.I thought Silvestre should be stronger and not to fall so easily on Shearer's goal but Shearer definitely grabbed his hand.Ruud's goal was down to Aaron Hughes's poor awareness and positioning(i thought he had a decent game)..you can see the rest of Newcastle backline had pushed up when Keane thread the thru ball to Ruud..but Hughes didnt.The killer goal came when again,Keane ran free and was able to cross in dangerous ball which Scholes chested over the line.Great chances missed by Dyer and Chopra.In the end,it was a hard game,but any better team always nearly wins it.

thumbNail.asp

You Anti M an U clowns are all the same..!!!YOUR ALL FULL OF F*****G S***E!!!!

You make me Sick You Sad T**(s :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Champions,champions,champions,champions,champions,champions.. :mrgreen:

stuarted15 said:
Sorry i am a bit late on this topic, but i have always been a toon supporter. And i woulkd like to respect the tottenham geazer but not the smoggie - he can shut up about middlesborough, they are a joke

Heh heh heh your a funny guy. Real funny. Newcastle is as Smoggie as Middlesbrough - FACT. And you'll respect the team we beat 5-1 and 3-0 last season but not the team who is apparently a joke. Hmm id say spurs are more of a joke :D As for Newcastle we had some really good games vereses each other last season, and your forgetting we beat you as well. Yes i know you also beat us but thats football. Your the better team - also fact.

Anyone what did i do to wake the topless winter beast up anyways? i didnt slag Newcastle off! :(

As for the game Newcastle didnt play well 2nd half (i only saw the 2nd half), however they did create 2 or 3 chances even when they didnt play well - that Indian Geordie Choola or something was unlucky with his effort. Although Manure did play well, some of the football was breathtaking.

Thanks again to Newcastle and Manure for a good game of footy! :salute:

very pleased with another win up st. james not many other teams will win up there this season
got a couple of points to make
i think shearers goal was a foul but after seeing the replay i will concede that silvestre should have been stronger and did slip a bit so the decision could have gone either way tbh
very impressed with djemba and keano they were immense 2nd half newcastles midfield was totally dominated thanks to these guys
O'Brian was a lucky boy was defo a red card and Bramble looks a proper fatboy :mrgreen: ;) but he did ok and hughes played well 4 u too but it was his fault 4 RVN goal playing him onside
thought uriah rennie was v.poor and so has most of the reffing so far this season!
also who will replace shearer when he finally retires cos that man is priceless to newcastle ( shame he didnt join us could have been an OT legend! - the bugger :mrgreen: ;) )
last point is bout ameobi
though he would really grab his chance 2day in bellamys absence but he was v. poor toutch was awful and ball control 2- but he will get more chances to show his potential

glazza said:
You Anti M an U clowns are all the same..!!!YOUR ALL FULL OF F*****G S***E!!!!

You make me Sick You Sad T**(s :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Champions,champions,champions,champions,champions,champions.. :mrgreen:

No, you make us sick with your pathetic posts every time Man Utd win. Why don't you just Log Out and never return to these forums again. :mrgreen:

I never saw this but surely if a bastard that can offend everyone and call ppl shit becomes a moderator something is dead wrong.

Seems like I have to see this case up with the admins. I don't expect them to have a go and call mr bag a bag of shite so surely there must be a decent closure for this.

This will not be closed we need a thread for the toon army.

Mauras said:
I never saw this but surely if a bastard that can offend everyone and call ppl shit becomes a moderator something is dead wrong.

Seems like I have to see this case up with the admins. I don't expect them to have a go and call mr bag a bag of shite so surely there must be a decent closure for this.

You have typed virtually nothing in this thread about Newcastle, (all you have typed about is Ronaldo and Man Utd - nothing wrong with that, but why type it in this thread, when the "Man Utd Supporter" thread would be better) so to ask for it to be closed seems a bit rich.

Neither team was that impressive, which doesnt bode well for either in Europe, and even in the league i'd say Chelsea will simply roll over both, esp if they get Crespo. Back to the game, Newcastle wobbled in the early part of the second half but had chances to equalise at the end - shame about Bellamy. Whats happend to Carl Cort and Lua Lua ??

Whats happend to Carl Cort and Lua Lua ??
didnt lua lua have a massive bust up with robson this week?
and carl corts most prob injured he's been unlucky with injuries up newcastle

Mauras said:

WTF? Who do u think u are questioning an admin's decision.

1) im not a moderator in this forum,
2) this is a bloody Newcastle thread, If u want to talk about how man utd are the best team in the whole world, bla, bla, bla, then take it to the man utd thread, as all u're gonna do here is piss people off here.
3) U seem to be the only one offended here as other man utd fans have posted in this thread and didn't reply to my so called offensive posts when if fact u're the one calling me 'bastard', 'bag of shit', etc...
4) I never offended u personally, but in general u lot are glory hunting idiots who flame people if they don't agree with u.
5) U say why do people have all this hate against u man utd supporters. Well it's people with your attitude that that people despise.
6) I think u're sad little twat to come out attacking me after i exposed u for what u are. A glory hunting plastic manc who only posts on these forums when when your beloved man utd win. No wonder u only got 148 odd posts to your name as more or less u got nothing mature to say.

So please take your complaint to the admins, im sure Zico and the others following this thread will back me up on this.

Gnairn3 said:
Hey Zico do you like my new avatar?Its Shearer

I like it alot mate!!!

Why don't you get a James Grady one Gnairn3? :D

Mr.Baggs said:
Mauras said:

WTF? Who do u think u are questioning an admin's decision.

1) im not a moderator in this forum,
2) this is a bloody Newcastle thread, If u want to talk about how man utd are the best team in the whole world, bla, bla, bla, then take it to the man utd thread, as all u're gonna do here is piss people off here.
3) U seem to be the only one offended here as other man utd fans have posted in this thread and didn't reply to my so called offensive posts when if fact u're the one calling me 'bastard', 'bag of shit', etc...
4) I never offended u personally, but in general u lot are glory hunting idiots who flame people if they don't agree with u.
5) U say why do people have all this hate against u man utd supporters. Well it's people with your attitude that that people despise.
6) I think u're sad little twat to come out attacking me after i exposed u for what u are. A glory hunting plastic manc who only posts on these forums when when your beloved man utd win. No wonder u only got 148 odd posts to your name as more or less u got not mature to say.

So please take your complaint to the admins, im sure Zico and the others following this thread will back me up on this.

Im with you all the way Baggsy.

Yup you have my support Baggsy - and am a mod on this forum!

Something strange is happening inside me, im feeling less of a hate towards Newcastle. Weird... think i need to go lie down. next ill be wanting the Toon to do well - heaven forbid! :mrgreen:

Was at the game yesterday, very disappointed with the result, but the first-half performance was very encouraging. I'll try and run-through the players with an unbiased view... should be challenging...

Newcastle

Given was same as always, didn't command the defence enough, but played well enough to stop Man Utd from scoring a bucket-load.

O'Brien should have definitely been sent-off for his challenge on Giggs, it was right in front of me, and he was nowhere near the ball, had a very good game other than that though.

I thought Bramble played very well in the first half and kept Ruud very quiet indeed, got overrun in the second half when our midfield decided to stop picking up Keane and Scholes.

Hughes was very impressive in a role he usually doesn't fare too well in, had a hell of a task against Giggs/Solskjaer, but did enough to keep them very quiet in the first half, and they weren't too much of a threat second either. Good attacking play as well at points.

Griffin did fine in the defensive respect, but offered absolutely nothing going forward, the sooner we get a good right-back the better IMO.

Speed... well, what the hell happened here? Maybe two trips to Serbia in the space of 2 weeks and 3 games has taken its toll, but he was rank today, passing was awful and he should have battled it out more with Keane and Djemba... where was he when Scholes scored?

Dyer's running and commitment were second-to-none today and he was actually putting his foot in for a change, which was really pleasing to watch. Sorry to say that this was all he did for 90 minutes, positionally was awful and he can't finish to save his life.

Bowyer is being totally wasted on the right, and I'm desperate for Nobby Solano to be reinstated. He was very quiet and seemed to be under orders to play more defensively to combat the attacking threat of Giggs, he did a good job in that respect, but you need wingers to be attacking.

Robert :l After defending him time-and-time again to my mates and the people around me, today he was embarassing to watch. Apart from the excellent free-kick for Shearer's goal, he was useless in his defensive play and didn't have the support to offer enough going forward. Attitude is seriously annoying.

Ameobi, after looking the part and a ready-made replacement for Shearer in most of the recent games he played, he seemed to take a big step backwards. Should win much more in the air and needs to be more committed in general.

Shearer was, as usual, our stand-out player. Commitment was brilliant as usual, and even with a lack of support he managed to hold-up the ball well and start off some moves with good passing.

Man Utd

Howard didn't have much to do, but seems like a very competent keeper, his throwing and kicking were very impressive.

P. Neville looked the part today and wasn't at-all threatened much by Robert, he might be ugly, but he's a decent enough player.

O'Shea, probably not his favoured position, but looked really strong and didn't have much to do against Bowyer anyway, some nice touches and even did a few step-overs at one point.

Ferdinand was absolutely masterful today, showing his value well, some of his touches were pure class and he won almost everything in the air... wish we had him to partner Woody.

Silvestre was also strong for most of the game, his pace helped Man U out a lot at the back and some of his long passes were immense.

Djemba-Djemba, under Keane's guidance bossed the midfield, played some nice passes, will be a very strong player when he settles in more.

Keane, hate the focker, but he was on top-form today, should've been booked for 3 fouls he committed, but other than that he was outstanding both going forward and tracking back, commanded Speed/Dyer.

Scholes was quite quiet today apart from his goal, although some of his passes were a joy to watch, Dyer take note, mister.

Giggs - top class as usual, frightened the life out of us with his pace, passing/movement was top-drawer.

Solskjaer was kept quiet too, but as a fan you always knew he was there, looks to have been turned into a really high quality player.

Ruud was a class-act, held up the ball as well as Shearer and his finish for the goal was amazing, some great pass-and-move as well.

There we go, hopefully made Man U look like they had a great game so that there's no shame in us losing. Ronaldo looked like a one-trick pony with the step-overs when he came on, might find it difficult against the better teams in his first season, but will surely be class.

Roll on Partizan Belgrade for the tidy sum of 10 squid, then Birmingham on Saturday, hopefully with JJ and Nobby in the team. If Bellamy and Woodgate are back, then we should cruise these games.

HAWAY THE LADS!

You Boro and Newcastle fans better look out because Sunderland are back. :mrgreen:

About Cort and Lua Lua as well...

Cort is fit, but is now 6th choice striker, behind Shearer, Bellamy, Ameobi, Chopra and Lua Lua.

Lua Lua has apparently fallen out with Bobby after a terrible display for the reserves earlier this week. :(

Zico said:
Im with you all the way Baggsy.

BoroBoyz said:
Yup you have my support Baggsy - and am a mod on this forum!

Something strange is happening inside me, im feeling less of a hate towards Newcastle. Weird... think i need to go lie down. next ill be wanting the Toon to do well - heaven forbid! :mrgreen:

Don't fight it boro, feel the power :mrgreen:

See what i mean mauras. I fail, and pretty much everyone else following the thread fails to understand how to the fuck u think it is justifiable to come here attacking and flaming me.

I think i made my point ;)

What was this about Alex Ferguson watching the game from Bobby Robson's office. :D

Liverpool manager Gerard Houllier has been linked with a sensational swoop for Newcastle United skipper Alan Shearer.
The England international, 33, comes out of contract at the end of the season and has emerged as a shock target for Houllier.

The News of the World says Houllier will attempt to convince Shearer to move to Anfield next summer over the Christmas period.

Newcastle are yet to settle on a new contract extension with the Geordies hero.

Portsmouth are ready to step up their interest in Newcastle United striker Lomana LuaLua.
The DR Congo international is a loan target for Pompey boss Harry Redknapp, who has been encouraged by comments from the youngster today.

LuaLua told the News of the World: "I am considering my future.

"I feel as if I'm being held back at this club and I don't see myself getting a chance with the top strikers we have.

"Part of me is saying I have to get away, although it's too early to start talking about a transfer. We'll see.

"I will need to sit down with the boss and after that I will make a decision about my future.

"I've been here for two years, which has been a learning experience. It's like being at school and eventually exams come along but I don't see that happening here.

"I'm not knocking Alan Shearer, Craig Bellamy, Carl Cort or Shola Ameobi - they are top strikers but I can't just sit like this, getting no chance."

Misfit said:
Liverpool manager Gerard Houllier has been linked with a sensational swoop for Newcastle United skipper Alan Shearer.
The England international, 33, comes out of contract at the end of the season and has emerged as a shock target for Houllier.

The News of the World says Houllier will attempt to convince Shearer to move to Anfield next summer over the Christmas period.

Newcastle are yet to settle on a new contract extension with the Geordies hero.

There's absolutely no chance in a million years that Alan Shearer will sign for Liverpool.

do u know why u lost? cus robson doesnt like solano to come and play for Peru! so he punished him by not making him play... and made racist lee bowyer play(this dude sucks, u need sum1 with talent like nobby)... robson is just crazy...
oh and btw where is Hugo Viana? wasnt he the next rui costa or sumthing like that? lol

Zico said:
There's absolutely no chance in a million years that Alan Shearer will sign for Liverpool.

i know that,houllier must be mad........but then again he is.i'm not sayin shearer isn't a good player,but this will be his last season i think.i dont think he can go any longer.he might take over sir bobby is what i think....

Misfit said:
i'm not sayin shearer isn't a good player,but this will be his last season i think.i dont think he can go any longer

3 goals in 2 games hardly seems like shearer is getting on. Hell, i think he has a good 2 more years left in him with the way he is playing at the moment.

relax baggsy,seasons just started.he will get goals this season but i dont think he will go on or rather i dont think he should as he should stop while he's at the top.it is such a pity when players overdo it and are remembered for the wrong reasons..........as for this season ,i dont think he will reach 20 goals...maybe not even 15....

Back
Top Bottom