PES 2008 (PS3) - Official Topic

After all the waiting and expectation i find the fact that there are issues with the game on PS3 unacceptable. The game clearly was beyond the developers capability, i think seabass himself intimated that when he said the next version will have a larger team behind it. In normal play i dont have any slowdown but online is a nightmare, ive played 3 games so far and i felt like i had been punched in the head!!!...and were are the camera angles!!!....i hate playing dead side on...i like to play on angle 8 or 9..not happy with that at all.

Got the game on Thursday and played it for a few hours on the night, have played it quite a bit over the weekend and I must say I am very happy with it. It feels totally different to any previous game which is what the series needed IMO.

The shooting is a bit iffy at times although I cant comment until I am totally used to it because its always hard to get into it at first.

Free kicks are back which is nice also!

The greater critic that I have to make, is the Online! As it is possible that these dudes go of horse for donkey, since of the one not to play online between platforms. Online is what it makes me to play the game more and having in account that the majority of the staff plays in PC, of PS3 and XBOX they are grasped.

Nobody knows an email of konami where can complain?

For me, it's not the fact that they've bodged the online (again), because the earlier games never had the mode implemented anyway. And I bet most of us probably wasted months, enjoying the juicy gameplay of earlier titles, with great extras which give you the incentive to carry on playing that little longer. Afterall, the amount of wallies you get online, means it's not an area I choose to dwell on anyway.

The biggest problem is that all of these little additions which contributed to making the game so wonderful, untucked shirts, snow and the ability to actually choose your kit (hardly rocket science) in master league matches, have all been removed. So what have we been given to fill the void? the option to scan photos. What they don't tell you is that it needs to be a particular camera, therefore for the average user, they're not gaining anything new.

Pro evo has always had complaints about it's lack of licensing, but it's never been a major concern due to the editing capabilities, now it seems they've also scratched that. I just can't help feeling that there is an empty hole in the centre of this game. I love the feel of the gameplay, but I just think they've gone backwards in terms of features.

I won't give it the "I've been playing since ISS deluxe" speech, but it's a shame that fans of the series haven't been rewarded with a great new game. They say you can't improve on perfection, but that certainly doesn't warrant any company to release a game as poor as pes2008.

Is it a ploy by Konami to reimplement such loved features in the next game, so that it appears they've improved on a mediocre title?. Either way, it's a risky game they're playing.

As far as I'm concerned, this game deserves the :l1: and :square: treatment...

Last edited:
has anyone had the voice chat working yet... do you have to press something to speak i tried earlier and my friend said he could hear me through tv not through his bluetooth headset.... all i could hear in headset was a hissing noise as if it was ready for sound

i have been playing game on widescreen 32" sdtv with the ps3 set to 16/9 connected through my rgb scart and the game is playing well, only very slight slowdown on replays and only now and then not every time....
also i played three games against a friend today and only minimal lag(very little) i stopped using my wireless connection ages ago and use ethernet cable all the time

Just to let any fellow Americans know, I got the game today. I haven't tried playing it yet. I ordered from shopto.net.

can you play online with a guest player? and why is the online mode that fucked up.. its really letting me down.

Just to let any fellow Americans know, I got the game today. I haven't tried playing it yet. I ordered from shopto.net.

thanks for the heads up. hopefully mine will be waiting in my mailbox.. did you have to sign for it? i guess i'll find out soon.

Could anyone list the new licensed club teams? How many shoe licenses are besides adidas? I`m still waiting for my copy. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom