PES 2008 (PS3) - Official Topic

haha sorry i do like the game, u lot just jumped on the pro evo is crap now bandwagon, an i bet most of u aint played it!
theres nothing wrong with it! compared to the first pro evo on the 360, its miles better! its the first pro evo on the ps3 and i think its amazing, just the edit mode iam not happy with but thats got nothing to do with the actual gameplay! what more can u ask for for the first game on the ps3? give em a break for christ sake, the games good, the game plays amazing, and if the gameplays amazing, the games amazing, unless u want to spend ur 40 quid watching replays and complaining of slowdown!

haha sorry i do like the game, u lot just jumped on the pro evo is crap now bandwagon, an i bet most of u aint played it!
theres nothing wrong with it! compared to the first pro evo on the 360, its miles better! its the first pro evo on the ps3 and i think its amazing, just the edit mode iam not happy with but thats got nothing to do with the actual gameplay! what more can u ask for for the first game on the ps3? give em a break for christ sake, the games good, the game plays amazing, and if the gameplays amazing, the games amazing, unless u want to spend ur 40 quid watching replays and complaining of slowdown!

Sorry mate but i've got the game on PS3 and have been playing it all night.
I also have it on the 360.
Now I am a PS3 fanboy to an extent (especially with Pro Evo) but the 360 version suffers NO slowdown. The PS3 version has real framerate issues. It is constantly jerky. Not major slowdowns as such but its like theres a constant flicker.
Replays are a joke but that doesn't concern me really.

If you cant see it then fair play. I wish I couldn't!!
I remember when the PS2 Pro Evo 6 (or was it 5) was slated for slowdown - I didn't experience it really but this time its there, in its full glory!!!

BUT - the game is great!! I'm not though, sadly. I lost 90% of the games tonight so practice, practice, practice..........

This version of PS3 is crap, 15? stadiums only? I wonder where did the total 16GB of blue ray gone to. I hope we don't get to see addons on PLAYSTATION STORE. This is by far the worst PES release.

KONAMI YOU did it, you managed to level FIFA08.

One question for the ps3 version:
When setting up a league, eg Serie A, I choose one team and my mate choose another. Will I be able to take control of the CPU team when my mate is playing with "his" team??? Understand me - He´s playing with Napoli and next match up for him is Inter - Can I take control of Inter though they are a CPU team? I dont mean take control as in setting the tacics before kick-off - I mean if I can play as the CPU team???

Lol, yeah. They love people like you even more because they know that even though the game has many faults (too many to count) you will still buy it! You will complain on forums and to your friends but wont let Konami directly know your feelings - so they will keep getting away with it (bcoz Fifa aint up to scratch just yet, nearly but gameplay wise not there). Sods law mate.

yes i bought it because i like playing football games a lot. Pes has still the better gameplay than fifa. But this time i also enjoyed the way fifa played. But it was still too slow for me, but for once i have hope that fifa will get it right next year. So next year i will really have to make a descision to choose between fifa or pes.
Last year i bought pes6 for the 360, but i was so disappointed i traded it in for my money back.

sounds like the game is a bag of wank again, still gonna try it tho, cant be worse than that jizz stick konami released last year can it?

i think its a great game! although i was just playing as Chelsea against barca and eidur g dived in the 89th and won a penalty. Was gutting.

A lot of the problems are that the development team is really isolated in Japan.

Look, some of the fan made kit's, grass textures and ad's are far, far better than Konami's own work. Now, if this would be a western developed game, most of these fans would have been hired to work on the game. This is what companies like Valve do and the lead designer on Call of Duty 4's insanely good multiplayer was the dude who created the best mods for the first game. This never will happen with Konami.

Konami would really benefit from some insight from outside Japan. And it's not that the guys at Konami UK dont know our frustrations, they share them, but they aren't listened to.

Also it's very worrying that the development team is from a technical stand point, very weak and behind the times. With the kind of graphics on the PS3 and 360, PES 2008 should have no problems maintaing a 60fps.

I love the franchise and people who've followed my rare posts's now that, but as fan I gotta finally say that there's no excuse for non-existent production values and lack of progress in the game modes.

The predicted sales for PES 2008 are about 6 million units across all formats. Konami Japan feels there's no need to change anything since the game sells so well. Fair enough.

Licensed music doesnt not make or break the game, but its somehow "classic PES" that after a lot of complaints about the music, they added like 40+ Konami inhouse made songs that are all horrible.

Tell me, how the fuck is it possible that the same song has now played in the Network mode for three years? Why cant you do anything with the Playlist regarding this mode?

The point is, we pay for this product and I look what EA does to FIFA and I feel that they treat their most important franchise with a lot of care and they actually put money into the development.

A lot of the problems are that the development team is really isolated in Japan.

Look, some of the fan made kit's, grass textures and ad's are far, far better than Konami's own work. Now, if this would be a western developed game, most of these fans would have been hired to work on the game. This is what companies like Valve do and the lead designer on Call of Duty 4's insanely good multiplayer was the dude who created the best mods for the first game. This never will happen with Konami.

Konami would really benefit from some insight from outside Japan. And it's not that the guys at Konami UK dont know our frustrations, they share them, but they aren't listened to.

Also it's very worrying that the development team is from a technical stand point, very weak and behind the times. With the kind of graphics on the PS3 and 360, PES 2008 should have no problems maintaing a 60fps.

I love the franchise and people who've followed my rare posts's now that, but as fan I gotta finally say that there's no excuse for non-existent production values and lack of progress in the game modes.

The predicted sales for PES 2008 are about 6 million units across all formats. Konami Japan feels there's no need to change anything since the game sells so well. Fair enough.

Licensed music doesnt not make or break the game, but its somehow "classic PES" that after a lot of complaints about the music, they added like 40+ Konami inhouse made songs that are all horrible.

Tell me, how the fuck is it possible that the same song has now played in the Network mode for three years? Why cant you do anything with the Playlist regarding this mode?

The point is, we pay for this product and I look what EA does to FIFA and I feel that they treat their most important franchise with a lot of care and they actually put money into the development.

Seabass has addressed this issue, he knows the limitations of his development team. He has stated he will drastically change the approach to developing the next game. That and along with getting a larger development team. I'm sure Konami have the funds to do this.

I turned the environemental ambiance off and install it on HDD and I've yet to come to see slowdown. I've seeen Framedrop quite a lot but no real slowdown. This game made me think at the first PES on PS2, lag, not so good everything but still better than the ps2 version I tried. It's just such a shame that there isnt any World Tour or PEShop in the game.

Btw any idea on how to unlock the different classic team ? I can't imagine a Master League without my loved Van Basten.

you earn enough pes points to umlock the classic teams via the pes shop.

Uhhh ? I didnt saw any PES Shop and I didnt win any PES point. I'm talking about the PS3 version here. Where is the shop located please ? Maybe I'm blind but I dont think so.

lol i don't have the game yet but previous PES they had a pes shop (try options) you earn them by winning matches in different modes.

yeah thx I've played every PES and WE edition out so I know that thx lol.

But not on PS3 apparently.

thx.

some ppl having been saying it doesnt and some others say they are playing at 1080i. I got soo confused.

behind the box of the game it's written HD 720p

Maybe they play in 1080 but upscaled like most ps3 game.

Riot,

Please don't take this personal, but since you are a games journo...i think i have to say this.
I just played my first PES2008 and i liked it. But i agree with what you say. Konami don't listen to their fans.
Since i'm playing it (PES1)there has never been a giant evolution...you mention the huge sales, but to me there is another reason...the games press...You guys are not critical enough. Read a few PES-related forums and you can ask dozens of critical questions by people who play the game for years...but çinterviews with Seabass are like interviews with Stalin and Mao: eulogies...
So these people are sitting on their isolated island which has no real football culture and all they hear is praise...and that for a million selling game...what do you imagine happens??? They become self satisfied and kind of lazy...

They were like this since day 1 of PES, seriously dont you remember all the version that you bought ? IF I count all the WE and PES on PS2 that I buy it's nearly as much as all my other game together.

Slow progress and minimum update between each version IS definitely PES. Ok the next gen is not as good as expected, but I dont remember a next-gen PES beeing really what I was expecting. I was disapointed by the first on PS2 but after some playing like it, I'm sure it will be like this for this version.

Stadium effect is in the setting menu if I remember right a bit higher in hte list than the install the game into HDD.

I believe it's called Stadium Effect in english, my translation was made by me from french so could be totatly exact XD

If it's not there, pm me I'll look for it ingame.

Back
Top Bottom