PES 2008 (PS3) - Official Topic

Yeah instead of posting a pics of you with the cover on each thread, go play the damn game and tell us how it feel dammit XD

Yes there are some slowdowns, but that's not really a important issue. The replays framerate is a joke though unfortunatly!

Has anyone with the ps3 version been able to register to play online? When I try to register my code it says it's already in use. Bad news for me, but maybe the activating isn't active yet and everyone get's this message? *fingers crossed*

its a common thing...Everyone gets the sasme error that the password is in use...We`ll have to wait until the official release date..

its a common thing...Everyone gets the sasme error that the password is in use...We`ll have to wait until the official release date..

Thanks that's good to hear, I thought it was more likely someone already traded in the game and stole my key.

OMG the game is only 720p (no 1080i or 1080p).
This is a big downer for me coz my tv overscans on 720p meaning i lose some of the picture. why cant the ps3 upscale everything like the 360.

i may settle for version now...the ONLY thing ps3 has over 360 is the pad. Software/Games wise...taking everything into account...360 pes2008>ps3 pes2008

OMG the game is only 720p (no 1080i or 1080p).
This is a big downer for me coz my tv overscans on 720p meaning i lose some of the picture. why cant the ps3 upscale everything like the 360.

i may settle for version now...the ONLY thing ps3 has over 360 is the pad. Software/Games wise...taking everything into account...360 pes2008>ps3 pes2008

Nope I dont think so, for me the pad is 90% of the game, if I can't dribble for shitz or make precise movement PES isnt even fun for me, I could play fifa it wouldnt matter. I like how sharp are the control on the PS version. Xbox pad is made for racing, ps2 pad is breaking my hands each time I have a long run with it. But it's accurate as hell with the normal pad.

I got the game,
and I don't feel the slow downs a lot..

Only in these places:
- Entrance to the match
- Replays
- Highlights

Which IMO, not important!

I loved the game overall.

But the kits selection kinda poor this time, only two and can't select the shorts. (You can't select the kits in the League mode!!!!!!! I played Juve-Parma both were white! :s)

I dunno if it's me alone, but I find dribbling easy. I did a lot with Pato which has a 83 in dribbling Acc. only!!

They also changed the fermation menus. same things (didn't notice new options) but the position selection and stuff like that are changed.

I also noticed a Grade rate for players in the ML (I didn't play though but my bro told me that)

Simply worth it! (it's PES after all!) But the Kit thing is my problem!

Last edited:
Thats a disgrace imo. Konami said when pes6 was released on the 360 that the ps3 version will the the real next-gen pro evo. Now 1 year later we got a unpolished game with slow downs and thats not next-gen. Just like last year.....

Whenever the ball gets more than a few feet above head height, you'll notice the frame rate drop to worrying levels. Goal replays are a jerky mess. The game will slow down to what feels like a snail's pace whenever more than half of the players are on screen at the same time. There's quite significant and frequent tearing too. Perhaps you can get used to the slowdown, if you play long enough. But the annoying thing is that when the game inexplicably and implausibly slows down, it puts you off your timing. Well-timed sliding tackles turn into dangerous lunges, and, with the new super harsh refs, usually result in a red card. Split second decision making and well-judged shots are made almost impossible when the penalty area is crowded because the game engine suffers a stroke. PES has always had issues with slowdown, but I'm sad to say that PES 2008 on PS3 is the worst for it in the series. Quite frankly, this isn't the next generation, silky smooth, high-definition interactive experience PS3 owners were promised when they handed over their hard-earned cash.
This is very worrying

slowdown for me too ... but gameplay VERY GOOD !
The slowdown start when the ball are speed in horizontal ( when you run or you shoot ), and vertical no slowdown ...

I think is a very important probleme ^^ Mister Seabass : )

So, the slowdown still happens, even after using the option to install the game to the hard drive? If so, that's very disappointing.

For the first time in a long time I have to be completely honest and say that the latest version of PES2008 is anything but hugely unspectacular (and that’s being very nice). If anything the game has been going downhill since WE7i, but it was hard to admit my favourite game of all time perhaps wasn’t that good anymore. Everyone’s got their own opinions and I’m sure a lot of fanboys will no doubt flame me for this and will tell me to i) play fifa ii) don’t play iii) insert expletive here.

Let’s face the facts boys and girls, Konami have messed up. Simply this version isn’t finished. They should have delayed the thing, just like they delayed GTA4 so that at least they could justify the huge price tag they’ve slapped on this thing. There’s simply no excuse for it. I mean surely they must have got some feedback from the demo? Did they even bother testing it themselves? The majority of people who have played it will probably say it’s too fast, too easy to get past your marker and it felt it was an arcade game. But did they bother to tweak the game? Did Seabass actually play the demo? Like F*ck he did.

I played all the previous versions, I even bought myself PS2 a PS3 and an Xbox360 just so I could play this game. I’ve given them my business and shown my loyalty to the brand through the years and the least they could do is release something that doesn’t have adboards that don’t work let alone slow down when there’s more than two players on the screen at the same time.

Get your sh*t together Konami.

It is working online nou but much LAG even with my neighbore...

Hopefully it goes away after the 25fth..

Greets mastr from holland

I haven't even got a copy yet on the PS3 and I'm regretting buying a PS3 already. The amount of issues that have been flagged up only days after people have received copies is frightening and the piss poor effort at adding features is a shambles. I bought my PS3 especially for PES 2008, COD4 and FIFA 08 but FIFA 08 has lost it's shine, it's too boring to play and I can't engage with the players the same. COD4 will also lose it's shine especially after I have bought an expensive PS3 and all I play on it is one game... GTA4 is too far away. It doesn't justify spending £400 on a PS3 just to play one game. I've had about three 360s all of which have broken in the first few weeks of owning them. After waiting over a month and only being able to play the machine 3 or 4 times I gave up and decided to get a PS3.

I just hope to god COD4 and Jericho will run on my laptop fine.

I have a pre-release copy of PES 2008 on the PC (which can't be much different than the PS3 final release for features, I've also seen the videos). It has been completely stripped of everything that was good. The spec of my laptop aside it runs like crap. Gameplay is fine but the cut scenes and replays are crap on high setting. Medium setting is unplayable the ball speeds up between passing and shooting, cut scenes are also shite. Low is a joke. I've tried it on an extreme gaming rig with dual 8800gtx cards, 4gb ram, quad core, etc etc and it looks nice but the game is far too fast. It's like they are on acid or something.

Why Konami, why? You've stripped away everything I love in PES this year; editing, a good master league, and 2vs2. You've broken a few hearts this year. Looks like I'll be sticking with PES6, which is disappointing at most.

Last edited:
So, the slowdown still happens, even after using the option to install the game to the hard drive? If so, that's very disappointing.

yes i have install the game on hardrive ... ^^

But no difference ! when you run it's a constent slowdown ... i'm very ungry about ps3 version ! please Seabass !!! fix that !!!!

Have you noticed om the replays you can't swivel the camera? It says r1 and l1 but they dont work!

Also there is no challenges to get you started like on all the other Pro Evo's

Slow down on replays is awful

Have you noticed om the replays you can't swivel the camera? It says r1 and l1 but they dont work!

Also there is no challenges to get you started like on all the other Pro Evo's

Slow down on replays is awful

When you get on the replay screen press :triangle: (it's Y (yellow) on the 360)... gives you freedom to swivel around the player.

i reaallllllyyy dnt understand why people are saying this games poor??? its amazing, just the edit mode isnt the way it shud be!! thats all! games amazing in my opinon! cant wait to play it proparlly online soon, played a few matches online but there a bit laggy hopfully theyll be ok when the officail servers open up! if uve got the game add me!

psn- bluekinny

really peeeeed off though cos yakubu's still at boro, so no yakubu for everton online:(

and all the talk of slowdown, is compltely stupid! only happens on non important bits, like entraces sumtimes and sumtimes on replays, if u watch a replay at a certain angle theres no slowdown, stop ya moaning and get playing it!

its for people like joshkinny that Konami will never try to give us a good finished product.
Because people like joshkinny say that there is SOMETIMES slowdown in replays, while the truth is that there is 100% slowdown in replays and there are only 10fps in each and every replay. If you dont notice that you have a blindfold on.
Konami like people like joshkinny, because they tend to not notice the bad stuff and always buy their product without complaining.

its for people like joshkinny that Konami will never try to give us a good finished product.
Because people like joshkinny say that there is SOMETIMES slowdown in replays, while the truth is that there is 100% slowdown in replays and there are only 10fps in each and every replay. If you dont notice that you have a blindfold on.
Konami like people like joshkinny, because they tend to not notice the bad stuff and always buy their product without complaining.

Lol, yeah. They love people like you even more because they know that even though the game has many faults (too many to count) you will still buy it! You will complain on forums and to your friends but wont let Konami directly know your feelings - so they will keep getting away with it (bcoz Fifa aint up to scratch just yet, nearly but gameplay wise not there). Sods law mate.

Back
Top Bottom