PES 2010 Full Game Impressions Thread

Played a few more games and my verdict sofar : i dont like it.
Too sluggish, players feel like playing in water.

Graphics are really good but playabillity is nowhere to be found.
Players are slow with passing, shooting. Lots of ppl will say how rewarding it is to build up play. Well, thats possible in pes6 as well.

I'm back to pes6, the game that has the gameplay.
Thankfully for the second year in a row i did not give my money to Konami.

PES6....

Perhaps the most arcadey of ALL Pro Evolutions in my opinion.

Hi Guys, my game should arrive tomorrow, and can't wait really!!

can someone let me know, if in the ML the crowd is always full? or like old versions when you are in the lower leagues the stadium is not full (more real) as me, watching all serie A games the stadium is never full, and in all vids i saw online, they where all full....

PES6....

Perhaps the most arcadey of ALL Pro Evolutions in my opinion.

It had a lot of gameplay improvements and tweaks over 5, but the balance had gone. They made it too fast and too easy to dribble, because too many people complained that 5 was too hard. "PES has always been a game that encouraged attacking play" or some rubbish that seabass spouted out, rather than the more defensively minded 5 which made you work to look for openings and score. The harder the better, that's what made it a simulation!

mine was delivered from Zavvi today, had 4 games so far.....

finding it a bit stuttery, its nowhere near as smooth as World soccer WE11 2009 on ps/2, I will persevere but finding the goalkeepers palm everything at the nearest striker.
I cant figure out how to keep my strikers up front when i have the pressing options on high, ie on the old version you would put their defensive arrow to the small white one which meant they wouldnt track back.

also if anyone posts any impressions can they say which version they are playing, I am on PS3 at 720p.

oh yes and the glare at the end of each pitch is awful.

I didnt buy PES2009 for the ps3 so this is my first nextgen footie game.

Last edited:
It had a lot of gameplay improvements and tweaks over 5, but the balance had gone. They made it too fast and too easy to dribble, because too many people complained that 5 was too hard. "PES has always been a game that encouraged attacking play" or some rubbish that seabass spouted out, rather than the more defensively minded 5 which made you work to look for openings and score. The harder the better, that's what made it a simulation!

My feelings exactly. PES5 was the best and PES6 was the start of the decline of the series. PES5 was the game where being good at defending was as important as attacking. The fussy refs made it an art as you couldn't simply hold the pressure button all game.

Agree fully with the bits in bold. PES6 was the begining of the end IMO of Pro. PES09 started to slowly turn round but the whole lack of being able to defend and play tactically annoyed me.

I repeat the question. Is there a chance to play international qualifiers in the world cup and euro modes? Could someone please check it out?

I've just got this. After playing it a bit, i like it.

It's pick up and playable but hard master. Gfx is nice, animations do
suck but I can go past that (2k sports need to make a football game).

Overall I'll stick with it, it's decent.

Being in college and all I don't have much time or money to spend on videogames anymore. However every 2 weeks me and 2 other friends of mine get together and play pes2009 on ps2. We make a little leauge that goes on for a couple of rounds till the early morning ours (yes, I need a gf).

I've been a Pes player since it's ps1 days and if there is one thing what I love about the game is the great controls it offers the player. Whether you're running gung-ho towards the goal all by yourself or playing Barca style team football, the ability to execute the moves and maneuvers exactly as you had planned (depending on player skills of course)was what made pes my fave football game.

Now, I have not switched to nextgen (pes) yet because it seemed to lack the fluidity and responsiveness of its ps2 counterpart, which I've mentioned above. pes2010 seemed to be promising to change that but from the looks of it, it's all the same.

I will buy a ps3 and a pes2010 partially depending on the replies to the question: is pes2010 on ps3 as good as pes2009 on ps2 in terms of gameplay (sluggishness, reaction times, general feel etc...)?

I think they've tried to return 2010 to the more tactically and defensively minded 5. It certainly felt that way from the demo.

It feels so but pes5 was an organically conceived game that had a great balance and a good defending system, whereas pes 2010 slowed down the ball and player response to make it less arcadish but did not alter the fundamentally end to end/ easy wing play nature of the next gen titles.

I guess the game is doing its best for me not to like it and for me to look like I'm just having digs at it.

On my 1st game in BAL mode (I had never played this mode before), this was the 1st goal my team scored. I'm #6 on the blue team over there at the end.

YouTube - PES 1st BAL goal

Still, having spent a few hours playing, I must admit I've had some fun playing it, even with all the flaws I've seen. I still like the "other" game a lot more but this year I might play PES again. (at least with mates).

Still, having spent a few hours playing, I must admit I've had some fun playing it, even with all the flaws I've seen. I still like the "other" game a lot more but this year I might play PES again. (at least with mates).

This game is definitely a 'grower', but then PES always has been like that.

I've had some really epic, involving games so far. This game is so much fun yet there is so much tactical depth to it.

Fifa is just flat and dull in comparison.

played for first time tonight

it has improved no doubt

but online lagged like hell for me

even after a test on konami site which i got all a`s

hope once the servers kick into tomorow will run alot better

gutted on that side of things

Yeah, PES 6 was perfect about that aspect (NOT.). Seriously...

Now there are 3 kinds of fanboys: Fifa Fanboys, Pes Fanboys, and Oldfuckinggen PES fanboys. I think I hate oldschool PES fanboys the most. (I hate all kind of fanboys, just to point that out).

Dont hate man, there's enough of that in the world already. Consider me a pes6 fanboy, i have no problems with that.
I will certainly give pes2010 some more time (even after my yesterday's reaction which was written immediately after playing the games, so emotional) since today is another day.

For me sofar what i like least about the game : slow response. I'm not saying button delay, it just feels that player take to long to pull off a pass / shot. Especially when under pressure.

Another thing i've noticed : the difference in gameplay in 2 matches.
For example, i play championsleague with Real Madrid.
I havent done anything yet with tactical sliders. 1st game i have time to pass around the ball, building up play. In the end i win 2-0. The next game there is so much pressure i hardly have time to pass the ball around.
I check the condition of my players, which was good. The 2nd opponent was a lesser team. Maybe Real just had a bad day?

Anyway, i'm off to play some more and am awaiting the 1st reviews of online play for the pc version

By the way:

I didnt buy last year's game. Isnt the championsleague supposed to be fully liscensed? or was that only on last year's version.

If your used to playing Fifa or your used to playing PES, you need to spend a good amount of time playing the other if you want to appreciate either as you really cannot judge either until you are used playing them and set your team to play in the way that you enjoy playing.

People have no chance to liking a game if they switch between the two games for a couple of games and try everything on default.

There is a difference between each game played with the same teams and a much bigger difference between games played between different teams. You can't expect both EA and Konami to have each team perfect so that when they play each other its always an amazing game.

If your used to playing Fifa or your used to playing PES, you need to spend a good amount of time playing the other if you want to appreciate either as you really cannot judge either until you are used playing them and set your team to play in the way that you enjoy playing.

People have no chance to liking a game if they switch between the two games for a couple of games and try everything on default.

There is a difference between each game played with the same teams and a much bigger difference between games played between different teams. You can't expect both EA and Konami to have each team perfect so that when they play each other its always an amazing game.

Yep. I'm not giving up on PES just yet, but I'll definately go back to it. Like you say, I've been playing FIFA loads and to go to PES is a shock really. And I've been one of the people in the FIFA thread telling PES players to give FIFA time and you'll adjust. I should take my own advice :LOL:

I'll give it some more games tonight :)

Well, i have never played fifa, i dont own a next gen console.
And i hear you about playing more games, so i will definately do that.
I'm just having a hard time getting passes and shots off, even with star player in good condition.
Then again, i can recall moments in pes6 where i had the ball, starting to look around thinking what to do with it....ending up losing it because i took too much time.

Am i getting to old for this???

I couldnt possibly agree anymore. Great post in my opinion.

PES 2010 for me is the best yet, no question. If you put this game side by side against anything we have had in the past, I really dont see how it can be beaten.

The balance within the game is perfect for me. We played 10 games last night in a 5 man Community League format, and every game was completely different. They final scores ranged from 0-0, 1-0, 1-1, 2-1, and 3-1 being the highest score of the night, and that was down to a couple of goalkeeping blunders. The only game out of the 10 where we saw any questionable goalkeeping errors.

This is like a PES 5 in the way they have balanced the attacking and defending nature of the game. Evrything has to be earned, nothing comes cheaply.

The graphics are stunning. The gameplay was as smooth as I have ever played. The reponse issues from the demo's have gone, the passing in every area has been improved massively, and the linear shooting, which was my concern from the demo has been rectifed. Two strikes from Lampard last night left me well and truly gobsmacked. Neither shots went in, one hit the bar, and the other just rose over the upright. It was the trajectory of the strike, and the way the ball moved in the air that literally blew me away. Never seen anything so realistic, physics wise in a PES game ever. The fact that no-one scored a screamer in the 10 games we played pleased me no end. We all commented about the infinite possibilities, and the fact when one does actually fly in, how much more special it will feel, due it's rarity.

All my mates have been playing PES since the ISS 64 days. And they were all blown away by PES 2010, and instantly. We all agreed we thought this was the best PES to date.

The reponse issues, or should I say the less agile, technical nature that most defenders have is certainly coded that way. And I buy into it. Jackie Charlton once said, 'I cant really play football, but I can certainly stop people from playing football'. This for me hit the nail on the head. The first touch and control of the more skilful, technical players is instantly appreciated, due to this system. I like that.

Anyway, I'm off the get a PS3, I'll write more later, but time is precious, and I need to play this game on my day off.

Urban, your going to love this by the way bud. ;)

Last edited:
You can nornmally make keepers better quite easily by adding to their stats that make them a good keeper.

The response of players too is down to stats and takes very little adjusting to sort out. If people have played the game for a few days and think they won't get used to it or are thinking of giving up, try and raise the agility, response and balance of the players on two teams by 2 and then play a few more games.

You're not noticing the keepers palming away every shot instead of holding it? :SHOCK:

We had the AI set to Professional, and although they were a few little niggles in this department. On the whole we had no complaints. The shots that the keeper didnt hold, for the most part, I wouldnt have expected them to. These were hard shots from close range, you dont hold them. There certainly wasnt any cheap goals from goalkeeping errors apart from the two howlers Reina made in the same game. The lads would have been moaning if this had been the case, they look for any excuse. :LOL:

I will need to play it more though Dags. Overall, the keepers made light work of everything last night.

Last edited:
Got it last night and i really enjoy it. The fast pace arcadishness is gone. Much more slower to build up. The PES6 fan guys will hate this as it's much more PES5. Flirted with the Master League but will wait till the new patch updates rosters and get a option file for kits befor diving in further.

Community mode will be great. Me and my mate do a tournament every week so saving stats etc and looking back after a number of tournaments will be interesting.

Online mode seemed fine. Played just the one game as it was encroaching 3am i went Hearts and laughed out loud as i though i was in the PES6 lobby. The other guy went Real Madrid :LOL:and kicked off immediately running to the wings to whip in a cross. Had my team set up great in a 4-5-1 to counter Real. Benzema's pace troubled my creaking backline but they stood firm. SB's only runnung into space and advanced positions once we had the ball and running back one we lost it(big improvement) The sliders were immense in curbing Real. Ended up losing 3-1 but never really felt troubled more the actual diffeence in player ability rather than his. Will look to play players who will go smaller teams which will make for a more enjoyable experience.

Lag was barely noticable saw flashes but it was over before it came to anything. Certainly no PES2009 Star Trek and PES6's horrible lag

Back
Top Bottom