PES 2010 Full Game Impressions Thread

Hi guys,

I received the game yesterday and i played for about 2 hours(i also have Fifa10).

- Players are fantastic!!!When u look Ambrosini in Fifa and then in Pes its two different world.
- The gameplay is still too fast for me.It doesn't make me feel it's a simulation.
- Player's animation look better that last year but still flying over the pitch and sometimes skating.But much better than last year.
- Ball's physics is just amazing!Shooting from outside is a joy!Really great job Konami.Long balls are sometimes weird.Passing still make me think about Ping-Pong sometimes.The passing is better in Fifa(for me).The speed of the game is better in Fifa(for me:))...

I still wonder why they can't put a slider for the pace of the game.
For people like me who think that the game is too fast u can do the way i do:
Minus 20 to acceleration
Minus 20 to speed
The game is much better like this.

Conclusion:
PES is way better than last year but still has to improve to become the best football game.If we can have the player's animation and the speed of the game from Fifa this game would be one of the greatest.

Vote:

- Graphics 9/10
- Gameplay 8/10
- Music 7/10
- Editor 8/10

Last edited:
can anyone answer my slider question please?

do you have to press start and style every time you want to change /activate it?

Got this last night in the midnight rush at ASDA LOL. Game is definately an improvement over the demo but im still not convinced about the animation. Sometimes i feel that there is a small lag in shooting or passing the ball, i dont feel as though i can pull off a snap shot anywhere :(

Hi guys,

I received the game yesterday and i played for about 2 hours(i also have Fifa10).

- Players are fantastic!!!When u look Ambrosini in Fifa and then in Pes its two different world.
- The gameplay is still too fast for me.It doesn't make me feel it's a simulation.
- Player's animation look better that last year but still flying over the pitch and sometimes skating.But much better than last year.
- Ball's physics is just amazing!Shooting from outside is a joy!Really great job Konami.Long balls are sometimes weird.Passing still make me think about Ping-Pong sometimes.The passing is better in Fifa(for me).The speed of the game is better in Fifa(for me:))...

I still wonder why they can't put a slider for the pace of the game.
For people like me who think that the game is too fast u can do the way i do:
Minus 20 to acceleration
Minus 20 to speed
The game is much better like this.

Conclusion:
PES is way better than last year but still has to improve to become the best football game.If we can have the player's animation and the speed of the game from Fifa this game would be one of the greatest.

Vote:

- Graphics 9/10
- Gameplay 8/10
- Music 7/10
- Editor 8/10

I think the speed of the players is ok, its just the short passing speed that is perhaps a little too fast and can leed to it looking like ping pong.

Keepers 4/10
Penalties 1/10
Headers 5/10 (way too easy)
Sliding tackles 5/10

Shooting 8/10
Crossing 9/10
Passing 6/10
Through balls 5/10

Sliding tackles are really hard to perform (for me) and certainly less of a weapon then in the past.

Also i have noticed (and i believe someone else mentioned this as well) that the ref neglects to blow the whislte on fouls made to my team. The fouls committed by the cpu are really big yet somehow the game continues

In terms of the online, I played a game last night, only one, but I was pretty impressed.
Yes there was a nasty bit of button lag, but the game itself was smooth and pretty playable, at no point did it feel like I got stitched up.
Maybe that doesn't sound impressive, but considering I'm in London and my opponent was in Vietnam, it was surprisingly playable.
I reckon people should wait until tonight when the online starts in earnest before taking the decision to slag it off.

I don't like the penalty system either.

There is a 64 track limit to the KONAMI_PES playlist on the PS3 and the custom chants for the teams in the game have to be in that playlist (according to someone on another forum). Crazy decision by Konami.

Got this last night at Asda. Played for 10 mins this morning and its rubbish!

No lol seriously much better than the demo by miles, mildly surprised. Might be a nice alternative to Fifa.
Not better than Fifa though.

I've got my PS3 "full online" copy (this is for Charlie) just yesterday in the evening and played around 1 hour late in the night.
I have to say that I'm loving the game quite a lot.
It has his flaws but overall I found it a solid game. Better than the demo, even thoug when I played the same match as available on the demo I found it pretty similar if not the same. Don't know.

In fact, changing the stadiums and teams the experience raises a lot and I found very enjoyable.
A bit of input lag is there, due to the animation system IMO. Disappointing TBH. But I suppose we'll get used with it.

I am literally in love with penalties. Finally manual working penalties. Excellent. I can't understand how some of you can't appreciate that over the previous automatic lottery.

bye.

Last edited:
I'm finding the card system really good too, it does make a geniuine difference.
Lampard's attacking cards are switched off by default though, which seems a little strange.
Once I'd switched it on, he was making penatrative runs and getting into shooting positions, just like IRL.
I advise to check your team's cards before you start a game, just to be sure one of your star players best traits isn't 'switched off' by default.

I'm finding the card system really good too, it does make a geniuine difference.
Lampard's attacking cards are switched off by default though, which seems a little strange.
Once I'd switched it on, he was making penatrative runs and getting into shooting positions, just like IRL.
I advise to check your team's cards before you start a game, just to be sure one of your star players best traits isn't 'switched off' by default.

Surely the best thing is that they can be turned off as well. want Gerrard to stay in midfield, rather than roam about, I can just switch off the card.

still they implemented a really crappy penalty system. I mean how the hell are we supposed to know where we are aiming at???

stating the obvious but you are aiming the same way you aim in open play. you power up height with X as you do in open play and during your run up you decide how far into the corner you want to place it using up or down

dead easy - can't miss, before now you could only place a pen in what? 6 or 8 spots? now theres countless variations of angles depending on your shot power and analog direction - and less guarantee of scoring and harder to save if you don't go down the middle, at least some skill required = good thing

Last edited:
The penalties are horrible. You basically aim straight ahead and when he goes to kick the ball, move it VERY slightly to a direction. And I mean very. Otherwise it goes miles wide.

I conceded a penalty yesterday. The view i got was not the behind the keeper or behind the player. Very confusing.

The penalties are horrible. You basically aim straight ahead and when he goes to kick the ball, move it VERY slightly to a direction. And I mean very. Otherwise it goes miles wide.

Mate, I'm sure you are misunderstanding the penalty mechanics. I spent some minutes yesterday with penalties in the training area. I've been able to place the ball everywhere I wanted after a bit of training.

Try the training area.

Tap the shot for the height and during the player run keep pressed the up or down arrow to set the angle. It works smoothly.

Surely the best thing is that they can be turned off as well. want Gerrard to stay in midfield, rather than roam about, I can just switch off the card.
Oh I completely agree, but it just makes more sense to me that those should be switched on by default.

The game is really good. But I miss one thing from previous PES games!

I miss the diagram where you easy could compare two players.
Do you people understand what I mean. The skills that was in the diagram I believe was:

Attack
Technic
Stamina
Defense
Power
Speed

Now when you make subs. You need to go in and compare every singel skill. Because you cant look att the overall number. Miss the grafic diagram.

Anybody agree?

Does anyone know if the sliders are supposed to be saved when you save a formation?

I can't seem to get this to happen.

known bug i'm afraid, you can save the formation but not the sliders or starting 11 or strategy ie formation A,B etc

actually offline you can save the strategy (which for me is important as it's the only way to change slider combo mid game - formation A,B) but when you go online all formation changes are lost

well and truly bugged out but according to pesfan the guys at the european pesrankings finals spotted this and told the Konami crew on the ground so fingers crossed they're on the case

Now when you make subs. You need to go in and compare every singel skill. Because you cant look att the overall number. Miss the grafic diagram.

Anybody agree?

definitely agree, no idea why they would take it out

Last edited:

Do you people understand what I mean. The skills that was in the diagram I believe was:

Attack
Technic
Stamina
Defense
Power
Speed

Anybody agree?

Yep, it was a great feature and another Konami Triangle mystery...

Attack
Technic
Stamina
Defense
Power
Speed

Anybody agree?

Completely agreed.

I always did a massive use of it.

still they implemented a really crappy penalty system. I mean how the hell are we supposed to know where we are aiming at???

I'm not going to defend the indefensible; the penalty system in PES2010 is absolute shit.

Fifa has copied many of PES's ideas and it's time PES copied some things from Fifa. The penalty system is one of them.

I'm not going to defend the indefensible; the penalty system in PES2010 is absolute shit.

Fifa has copied many of PES's ideas and it's time PES copied some things from Fifa. The penalty system is one of them.

You guys really need some training with it IMO.
What don't you like exactly about penalties?

Back
Top Bottom