PES 2011 Discussion thread

...or a version where Arsenal do relatively well in the league but then always fall away at the end of the season

I mean if we're going to make it realistic ;)

But then you would have to make Madrid play like Sporting Gijon at home, and Pepe should have a special button call the "murderer mode" where he just launches and tries to break someones leg.

We would then have to make Messi unstoppable though, and where is the fun in that?

Have you tried the recent versions? Expecially 7.0c. I agree that his earlier versions were a little too easy, but he has since restarted from scratch. It is now a lot more challenging than the default game.

yes, i won 6-1 and had about 20 shots a goal in a 15 minute match.

Real vs Juventus, On the default I'd probably win 3-0 or something but it wouldn't be as easy at it was!

I tried Bruggee vs Juve and it was just the same thing really, very easy to create chances! Too much control. The AI do nothing really just sit back and at times get lucky on a counter you just play around them with 1-2 or beat them for pace using R1+R2.

Got bored really, all his patches take away the first touch element completely and give you too much control, that's the biggest issue for me.

...or a version where Arsenal do relatively well in the league but then always fall away at the end of the season

I mean if we're going to make it realistic ;)

You can do that by just lowering Arsenal players tenacity.. that means when they are losing or tired they won't fight as much, they are affected more by stamina aswell.

yes, i won 6-1 and had about 20 shots a goal in a 15 minute match.

Real vs Juventus, On the default I'd probably win 3-0 or something but it wouldn't be as easy at it was!

I tried Bruggee vs Juve and it was just the same thing really, very easy to create chances! Too much control. The AI do nothing really just sit back and at times get lucky on a counter you just play around them with 1-2 or beat them for pace using R1+R2.

Got bored really, all his patches take away the first touch element completely and give you too much control, that's the biggest issue for me.

Well you must be god-like because the majority of us actually find it challenging without being frustrating. I'm using PESEDIT 2.2 and Jenkey's patch. On Pro, I barely eek out wins and draws, but then again I only play this game for like 30 mins per week.

Well you must be god-like because the majority of us actually find it challenging without being frustrating. I'm using PESEDIT 2.2 and Jenkey's patch. On Pro, I barely eek out wins and draws, but then again I only play this game for like 30 mins per week.

10 minute matches?, i mean test them on 15, top player. maybe it dosen't work on top play then. I've had time off the last two weeks but normally i go for weeks, months even without touching consoles and i haven't booted the game up since January on PC.

Last edited:
I just finished my tournament with Germany, lost in the final to Spain, generally it was immensely enjoyable except for the annoying form arrows. I know that in ML your players go off form when playing away from home, but seriously, I got all the way to the final with half my team on more or less green or blue arrows. Most of my opponents were green, yellow and red.

To play Spain in the final, with I think 6 of their players on yellow, five on red, is ridiculous when my team contained about 5 green, one yellow and the rest blue. Khedera was awesome for me up to the final, when suddenly he's blue and his entire opposition midfield are on red. Really not fair.

So it was no surprise then that every shot I had saved fell agonisingly wide of a player following up, whereas Spain scored their first from a penalty given for a foul where I didn't even make a challenge (collision detection error again) and then Torres, on red form, scores by hitting a weak shot at my keeper, who saves it, then 'amazingly' he can't hold on to it and palms it directly back at Torres, who has an empty net. Cue me pulling a goal back from a corner, then seeing as Reina in the Spain goal plays a blinder and I just can't score. Spain won the final due to their players having better form arrows and scoring two stupidly dubious goals, the only two efforts they managed in the entire game :( Every 50/50 bounce of the ball, everything fell to the players on higher form arrows and I'm sure the better the form, the more likely a player is to have the ball rebound nicely to them.

Is there any way whatsoever of levelling up the form arrows when playing competitions on neutral pitches? International tournaments like this are totally weighed in the game's favour, and it kinda ruins it when you have a player who's starred for you in earlier matches then can't perform basic control of the ball in the final because of the form arrows.

Last edited:
10 minute matches?, i mean test them on 15, top player. maybe it dosen't work on top play then. I've had time off the last two weeks but normally i go for weeks, months even without touching consoles and i haven't booted the game up since January on PC.

I normally play on 15 min halves anyway (not that it should make a difference). If you haven't booted up the PC version since Jan, you've missed ALOT of patches. Like I said 7.0c is the best version of PES 2011 i've played, so give it a try.

I'm happy to play the console version(PS3), as there is always a lot of talk about bugs, which frankly I don't experience. Well a few I guess, but nothing I wouldn't expect from a video game in general.

i decided to buy a ps3 because i was tired of spending more time editing the pc version than playing it.

And at the end of the day the original version is always better than all the patched version.

I normally play on 15 min halves anyway (not that it should make a difference). If you haven't booted up the PC version since Jan, you've missed ALOT of patches. Like I said 7.0c is the best version of PES 2011 i've played, so give it a try.

Yeah, I ment by not booting the game up since january on PC that before about 2 weeks ago I had not tocuhed it

I downloaded and tried the new 7c patch and that's where I won 6-1 real vs Juventus

I mean he mentioned the players control being different and I noticed how Crisitano's dribbling was easier

As for the AI. Like I said they sit back. More organised but very predictable and easy to break down

How do you edit the exe file though. I'd like just edit my own gameplay to hange the ball physiscs a bit, go back to the fouling system on the demo and use jenkeys system to just the animations a bit. That would be great

Im on my tenth season and got the achievement for getting there. Ive got it on the hardest setting and find it more difficult than past Master League editions but it is brilliant. I started out with the default Master League team, Castolo etc, but promoted Palmieri and Oscar straight away from the youth team.

Unbelievably, the last season I completed I was at the top of the league for nearly the whole season. But it went down to the wire, in the final game I faced Man United and I was 3 points in front of second placed Spurs. It just wouldnt go in versus Man U and I drew nil nil, Spurs won 3 nil. I ended up losing the title on goals scored because had exactly the same goal difference as Spurs.

Current team: I play 4 3 3 with wingers and one striker but change to 4 4 2 after half time.

GK Fatecha - promoted from youth team and now has stats of 90 plus

RB Inkoom - energetic and strong
CB Palmieri - brilliant defender who holds the back line together
CB Otamendi - very dependable
LB Tomecak - got for a bargain fee when sold Shaqiri

DM Perinovac/Oscar - both promoted from youth team and great team players. Perinovac has pretty low stats but good player cards and workrate.
CM Ayew - top assists in the league playing from a central area he bursts forward. Can play numerous positions.
AMF Ireland - does alot of work but is also great at through balls over the top.

LWF Sanchez - favourite player to use and have scored with some brilliant runs.
CF Ronaldo - the Brazilian respawned is deadly, have scored some spectacular goals but he is injury prone.
RWF Cabelaard - brilliant at free kicks, have scored many with him.

usually bring on Di Vaio (respawned) for Ireland at HT and change to 442. Also have young players called Tote and Hadouir who are looking future world class.

I literally never play ML so quick question to anybody who does. How hard is it to balance the books in general starting with a default ML squad.

In the old PES' it took a couple of seasons to be able to completely afford a decent squad. Even with the default team after coming up from D2 i would struggle to be able buy more than a few half decent players at the end of the season because if i bought more i would be scared that i'd fall into the red after paying the annual salary (i.e. i remember once i could only afford Podolski, nobody else after). Winning matches, doing well etc was therefore of the up most importance to progress in that respect - otherwise GAME OVER. I get the feeling that it isn't difficult at all now? What are the default starting finances like and do they differ with different teams? Not really something i've thought about before but doesn't that take away some of the difficulty factor in the game if it isn't hard at all to build a great team really quickly.

Last edited:
I literally never play ML so quick question to anybody who does. How hard is it to balance the books in general starting with a default ML squad.

In the old PES' it took a couple of seasons to be able to completely afford a decent squad. Even with the default team after coming up from D2 i would struggle to be able buy more than a few half decent players at the end of the season because if i bought more i would be scared that i'd fall into the red after paying the annual salary (i.e. i remember once i could only afford Podolski, nobody else after). Winning matches, doing well etc was therefore of the up most importance to progress in that respect - otherwise GAME OVER. I get the feeling that it isn't difficult at all now? What are the default starting finances like and do they differ with different teams? Not really something i've thought about before but doesn't that take away some of the difficulty factor in the game if it isn't hard at all to build a great team really quickly.

You dont particularly start with massive funds and it takes a couple of seasons to build up cash. I found that you can promote from the youth team when starting out and have players like Shimizu, Palmieri and Oscar. I also found that you occasionally get overblown offers for players so you suddenly have a cash injection. I have had one season where I was in the red but you have plenty of time in the transfer window to sort things out.

Still feel PES offers its best gameplay with an established Master League team.

Last nite i played a couple games after i had spent the last couple of months playing nba2k, mlb and top spin.

The game really felt unplayble, u really notice how poor it is when u compare it with good sport title.

poor ref, poor animationa and lifeless presentation and stadium atmosphere are really huge issues.

But i am confident pes2012 will be a masterpiece! there are some solid gameplay elements outhere but a lot of work needs to be done in every area of the game.

OK, I'v only just noticed this, but is there a reason why Fluminense isnt in the game? I was looking around ages in the Copa de Libertadores part of the game.

You dont particularly start with massive funds and it takes a couple of seasons to build up cash. I found that you can promote from the youth team when starting out and have players like Shimizu, Palmieri and Oscar. I also found that you occasionally get overblown offers for players so you suddenly have a cash injection. I have had one season where I was in the red but you have plenty of time in the transfer window to sort things out.

Still feel PES offers its best gameplay with an established Master League team.

I've just started ML using PES United and with team name, kits, badge etc all custom edited to my own team, and the ML players (Minanda, Hulyens etc). It's tough. You start out in Div 2 against some crappy fake name teams (I've yet to edit them as Championship clubs) before making your way into the Premier League. My starting budget is just £2.9 million. Your budget all depends which club you choose to play as, but I've gone the hard route. I'll have to bring on some youngsters into the squad and sell them on when they are worth a bit, even when I get promoted. The game on Professional feels a bit easier than regular friendlies but much more fun, so the hardest aspect of the game might be in building the club up to a large European standard without bankrupting myself. I've just started and have a 100% record, but only have a fan club of 5000 fans, and just £1 million in the bank after wages etc. Gonna be hard!

Last nite i played a couple games after i had spent the last couple of months playing nba2k, mlb and top spin.

The game really felt unplayble, u really notice how poor it is when u compare it with good sport title.

poor ref, poor animationa and lifeless presentation and stadium atmosphere are really huge issues.

But i am confident pes2012 will be a masterpiece! there are some solid gameplay elements outhere but a lot of work needs to be done in every area of the game.

If you look for the flaws, there are things missing that tie the game together. But if you immerse yourself in the gameplay, you find it can be an amazing experience. That's why I play it everyday.

Thats one of the beauties of Master League Mode. Starting out with the defaults, its really a challenge.
You have to make sure you pick the right formation for the players you have,employ the right tactics, and make good use of the whole squad.
Im now in my 10th Season in Master League, im yet to win a trophy (if you discount the Div2 title) but now have a good solid squad of 25 good players with a few excellent players, no big names though, mainly players i have promoted from youth, or bought and developed.
Im now top of the Prem,in the Semi Final of the FA Cup and went out of the Europa league on away goals in the semi final.

As you win games, grow your fan base, improve your coaches and scouts and over time you will start to amass enough money to be able to afford a few bigger better players.

Alas, my Champions League dream on Top Player, 15 minute games with Olympiacos ended at the hands of Chelsea with the last kick of the game in a thrilling semi-final second leg. :(

We were leading 2-1 from the first leg in Greece and looked good for our very first Top Player Champions League Final. With barely a minute to go, a whipped in triple-tap cross from Cole was met by Anelka to break Greek hearts in the cruelest fashion imaginable. The away goal rule never seems fair when it falls against your favour. What made it even more heart-breaking was the fact we were reduced to 10-men from a nothing challenge with only 10 minutes registered on the referee's dodgy timepiece. But thats football, I expected no favours at Stamford Bridge, and I wasnt disappointed.

We had a great run though, including a 4-4 away goals aggregate win over Barcelona. A crazy game at the Nou Camp ended 4-3 to Olympiacos, a game in which every player fielded was on a Blue or Purple. But the lads grafted hard, rolled up their sleeves and earned a famous victory against all the odds. A 0-1 defeat at home courtesy of a Messi wonder-strike was enough to send us through in what seemed destiny. Oh how cruel fate can be.

The lads done me proud though, and I'll be starting another campaign with the PSN network still down. Hopefully we can go one step further next time out. Fingers crossed. :)

Alas, my Champions League dream on Top Player, 15 minute games with Olympiacos ended at the hands of Chelsea with the last kick of the game in a thrilling semi-final second leg. :(

We were leading 2-1 from the first leg in Greece and looked good for our very first Top Player Champions League Final. With barely a minute to go, a whipped in triple-tap cross from Cole was met by Anelka to break Greek hearts in the cruelest fashion imaginable. The away goal rule never seems fair when it falls against your favour. What made it even more heart-breaking was the fact we were reduced to 10-men from a nothing challenge with only 10 minutes registered on the referee's dodgy timepiece. But thats football, I expected no favours at Stamford Bridge, and I wasnt disappointed.

We had a great run though, including a 4-4 away goals aggregate win over Barcelona. A crazy game at the Nou Camp ended 4-3 to Olympiacos, a game in which every player fielded was on a Blue or Purple. But the lads grafted hard, rolled up their sleeves and earned a famous victory against all the odds. A 0-1 defeat at home courtesy of a Messi wonder-strike was enough to send us through in what seemed destiny. Oh how cruel fate can be.

The lads done me proud though, and I'll be starting another campaign with the PSN network still down. Hopefully we can go one step further next time out. Fingers crossed. :)

I bet your matches as Olympiacos didnt include this:
YouTube - The assault against the Panathinaikos team (without sound)

Who plays on PC? I have PES on 360 and havent bought a game on PC since FIFA 08. Just wondering if my older pc would have any chance of running PES 11 half decently?
P4 3.0gig, 3gig RAM, Nvidia 6600GT video card.

It's getting rather cold in the loungeroom where the Xbox is so my carpeted bedroom is looking more cosy ;)

Was thinking of trying out the game on PC just for offline play - would allow me to customise the kits and teams easier as well. I would leave the xbox for weekends and Master League Online...or evenings when I'm not going to freeze my butt off in that loungeroom! haha

I see the game has come down in price now. I dont think the demo is available on PC anymore otherwise I could have tried it.

Who plays on PC? I have PES on 360 and havent bought a game on PC since FIFA 08. Just wondering if my older pc would have any chance of running PES 11 half decently?

It's getting rather cold in the loungeroom where the Xbox is so my carpeted bedroom is looking more cosy ;)

Was thinking of trying out the game on PC just for offline play - would allow me to customise the kits and teams easier as well. I would leave the xbox for weekends and Master League Online...or evenings when I'm not going to freeze my butt off in that loungeroom! haha

I see the game has come down in price now. I dont think the demo is available on PC anymore otherwise I could have tried it.
Try WE9LE on a PC first. It's free, so in the worst case scenario you will lose just a little of time if you don't like it, and your PC will deffinetly run it, without problems.

cheers

Would be great if you lot could check out my MLO compilation just posted in the video thread :).
Thanks.

3 gigs of RAM are quite sufficient, single-core CPU is borderline, 6600GT does support 3.0 shaders, but may be too weak in terms of "power" ... low/medium setting may be playable. Try to use the demo for benchmarking :)

3 gigs of RAM are quite sufficient, single-core CPU is borderline, 6600GT does support 3.0 shaders, but may be too weak in terms of "power" ... low/medium setting may be playable. Try to use the demo for benchmarking :)

Ok thanks for your help. I dont think the demo can be downloaded anymore but maybe I will leave it and just play on the xbox when I can.

Try WE9LE on a PC first. It's free, so in the worst case scenario you will lose just a little of time if you don't like it, and your PC will deffinetly run it, without problems.

cheers

If you don't mind sharing, where is WE9LE free?

Back
Top Bottom