PES 2011 Discussion thread

Got myself a decent PC so just wondering if someone can tell me the best PC patch at the moment?

Something that really annoys me is when I assign feints to the right stick. Usually pulling them off is easy, but loads of times my player dives instead of a trick

I don't understand why it does this, because I don't assign dive ever. I played Kaiser earlier and pulled off a roulette, then at the end of the animation he dived in the opposite direction and was yellow carded

Lol

Hey Rob - thanks for the games last night. Sorry about the connection dropout...I was on a high speed modem profile and changed it to low latency but normally it takes 10 mins to reboot - this time it took 30 mins and happened to coincide with your foray into my 18 yard box!

When my brother in law is over, I will have to tee up a 2 v 2 with you if your mate is over again.

Now was it just me or was the 2nd game littered with weird happenings? I thought there was a freakin pitch invader!!!! But it was the linesman stepping onto the pitch by about 3 metres. Did you see that??? LOL

And during the game there was a handful of occasions where player responsiveness/switching went all over the place. But the goals were nice ;)

This is my first ever PES game so I am still getting to grips with using the feints etc. You use them very well, along with changes in pace and direction. Nice stuff.
p.s. If only Harry Kewell had a better right foot, that volley might have hit the back of the net haha!

Thanks - Yeah they were good games, enjoyed them :).

No probs with the connection, there was a slight button delay but it was almost lagless which is very impressive considering you're the other side of the world!

Haha I missed the linesman coming onto the pitch but my mate noticed it and thought it was amusing :P.

Yeah that Kewell volley would have been sweet :) That piledriver by Cahill was only inches wide as well! The low drive into the far corner you scored was a good strike.

My mate likes to shoot from distance as you could probably tell :P It's also kind of a PES tradition of ours to scythe down Kewell until he's injured - had to remind him to be a sportsman haha!

Anyway it was refreshing to play someone who likes to play some clever, realistic football, it's rare online :).

I'd love to play online again but I'm on the other side of the planet as well, and on wifi. The router is too far from the living room, which is where my PS3 is. I can try and use cable but then people would start toppling and I'll will have deal with never-ending curses :LOL:

Thanks - Yeah they were good games, enjoyed them :).

No probs with the connection, there was a slight button delay but it was almost lagless which is very impressive considering you're the other side of the world!

Haha I missed the linesman coming onto the pitch but my mate noticed it and thought it was amusing :P.

Yeah that Kewell volley would have been sweet :) That piledriver by Cahill was only inches wide as well! The low drive into the far corner you scored was a good strike.

My mate likes to shoot from distance as you could probably tell :P It's also kind of a PES tradition of ours to scythe down Kewell until he's injured - had to remind him to be a sportsman haha!

Anyway it was refreshing to play someone who likes to play some clever, realistic football, it's rare online :).

Yeah the linesman wanted to get in on the action haha. Not sure on that PES tradition of yours LOL. Kewell is a god here in Australia :WORSHIP: :P

I like the way Cahill worked his way into space and beat the defender for a stride, which enabled him to get the shot off. In FIFA, you just can't buy that inch of space to get off a long range shot which is why you have to score certain types of goals only.

I LOVE to shoot from distance on PES and real life(ripped my groin twice because of it...one on a film set and the other playing indoor soccer). There was a couple of strikes you guys almost scored that would have been rippers.

It was around 11.30pm my time when we finished playing but around that time of night I'm always up for a game or two so let me know whenever you're free. If it's a weekend we can play a longer session or 10 minute halves if you like.

I also enjoy playing against someone who tries to play real football and using teams I wouldnt normally play with.

p.s. Kewell hasn't been picked for the upcoming friendlies against New Zealand and Serbia...maybe you guys injured him too much :BYE:

I'd love to play online again but I'm on the other side of the planet as well, and on wifi. The router is too far from the living room, which is where my PS3 is. I can try and use cable but then people would start toppling and I'll will have deal with never-ending curses :LOL:

LOL been there done that. The way I fixed it was to get Ethernet over Power adapters. You can avoid the cables across the house problem and avoid the wireless interference problem ;) Picked mine up for about $120 Australian.

LOL been there done that. The way I fixed it was to get Ethernet over Power adapters. You can avoid the cables across the house problem and avoid the wireless interference problem ;) Picked mine up for about $120 Australian.

Nice! I might really try that. Thanks mate :)

Guys, i need help. I want ot beat my brother with some ease, but it's been so fucking hard. He loves football (actualy more than me), but when it's down to the game he's a gamer more than anything, he's the kind of those who wants to win at any cost (the majority).

Some examples of cheap plays he abuses a lo:

- a lot of 1-2s, passing back and then making a throght pass or a lofted pass. The AI and the cursor (I just hate the cursor system, so crap) hardly make it possibe to anticipate. I kno what he's going to do 3 secounds before or even more, but i can't anticipate properly

- That cheap goal in kick off (before the game or the secound haf starts or when he concedes a goal) when you make a long lofted pass.

- Pressure or running all the time when he's not with the in possession. The centre midfield becomes way too tight.

His dangerous plays are those 1-2s passing back and then through balls (or lofted pass). To avoid that I tried to set the defence line high (barcelona) and select the offside trap. but my doubt is... how the hell i enable the offside trap ?

This will help a lot in online matchs.
Sorry for my english.

Last edited:
Guys, i need help. I want ot beat my brother with some ease, but it's been so fucking hard. He loves football (actualy more than me), but when it's down to the game he's a gamer more than anything, he's the kind of those who wants to win at any cost (the majority).

Some examples of cheap plays he abuses a lo:

- a lot of 1-2s, passing back and then making a throght pass or a lofted pass. The AI and the cursor (I just hate the cursor system, so crap) hardly make it possibe to anticipate. I kno what he's going to do 3 secounds before or even more, but i can't anticipate properly

- That cheap goal in kick off (before the game or the secound haf starts or when he concedes a goal) when you make a long lofted pass.

- Pressure or running all the time when he's not with the in possession. The centre midfield becomes way too tight.

His dangerous plays are those 1-2s passing back and then through balls (or lofted pass). To avoid that I tried to set the defence line high (barcelona) and select the offside trap. but my doubt is... how the hell i enable the offside trap ?

This will help a lot in online matchs.
Sorry for my english.

Ok my friend, first things first:

Make sure you put it on top player mate, you should be able to stop his attacks if he's spamming 1-2! my friend plays like that an i usually beat him.

Only issue is there you kinda have to know the tactics inside out to make sure these gamers can't beat you when top player is set on.

They will get lucky once in every 8-9 games but you should beat them most of the time.

The cursor is so shit, i don't even switch i just make that guy run back and just cut off a passing lane or put him in a good position

Now:
Q: - a lot of 1-2s, passing back and then making a throght pass or a lofted pass. The AI and the cursor (I just hate the cursor system, so crap) hardly make it possibe to anticipate. I kno what he's going to do 3 secounds before or even more, but i can't anticipate properly

A: This is the tactical part, this is all about organization. It depends on how good you rate your opponent.

if your brother is good, what you should do is set the defensive line from 7-10, if he does a lot of 1-2, make sure compactiveness is set from 0 to about 4 So you back four all condense the space in the middle.

If your opponent isn't great you do the same but with a very high line. do what Porto did to fuck Villareal. Play on the counter with a high line. it's deadly :SHOCK:

Again, don't keep switch players just use the guy your give and put him in a place where you think he's useful. Organizing your defence does a lot of the work really. :)
Q - That cheap goal in kick off (before the game or the secound haf starts or when he concedes a goal) when you make a long lofted pass.

A: VERY EASY to stop, just get a player to sprint back towards your own goal, once he plays the ball over the top you should easily cut the ball out. People try this online all the time, never works, just sprint back with someone :)

Q - Pressure or running all the time when he's not with the in possession. The center midfield becomes way too tight.

A: Remember to use R2, it's best to counter his tactics by stretching the play, using all of the pitch and Play the ball wide! Create chances from crossing, make it so the support range is from 13-18. Watch his players leave gaps when pressuring and beat him that way :) Unless your Barca or Arsenal on a good day if he has high pressure, your can't play through the middle of him!

Also finally don't worry about online matches (ranked), they are just fun, it's just a game and it's not set up to show PES at it's finest

Nice! I might really try that. Thanks mate :)

No probs! I have been able to stream pay tv over the Xbox as well with this device. Foxtel over 360 is the service.

They should work no problems unless you have some special phase wiring in the house (not usually unless you live in a shop lol).

The most important aspect of defending is anticipating on what your opponent is going to do. Covering certain area's or players when a pass or cross is coming in. The problem however is the fact that cursor switching doesn't fully allow you to do this. It takes up to much time to switch to a certain player and because tactics are pretty much non existant you'll sometimes find your backs somewhere up midfield leaving certain players completely unmarked. The absence of a fatique system adds to the fact that you can attack,pressure and sprint without any repercussions and through balls feel to assisted. The game still has to many arcade elements attaced to it. Which means you can easily lose against someone that plays cheap.

Last edited:
No one mentioned how to turn on auto offside trap. You go to management settings and it's there at the bottom of the frame. You can also turn off auto slide tackle there as well.

I can't reply everyone but i really appreciate all the help, specially from kobayash.

Next time i play him i will set the defence line to play more compact. But it's not about he being good, its about the fact that i am crap at finding ways to stop cheap plays lol. In pes 2011 i know the tatical side helps a lot, but the real problem is more realeted to the gameplay itself not being polished enough (AI, cursor system and controlls responsiveness).

Although, in my last mlo matchs i got better on defending by not switching much, and instead, just controlling the one that is already under my controll. This tip has been helpful.

I'l try that semi-assisted cursor tho. It must be a better option. No wonder why i didn't try it yet lol. But first i'll play some offline matchs to get used to it before going online.

I agree with Escobar. I, particularly, think that Pes 2011 in overall is on a half way between arcade and simulation, much of this is partially due to AI bugs (lack of awareness of the ball movement and ball possession changes) and it's lack of quick responses, bad controlls mechanics (cursor, not responsive enough); and partially due to the game itslef not being rigid (a bit towards to satisfy the masses) in some footballing aspects: ball physics acting like pinball for direct foward passes (a bit too biased to fast arcadish pace), first time and feint passes being more accurate than enough, through balls extremely easy and scripted, pass and move on 1-2s etc...

Currently, imo there's no doubt that the pes series is my only hope to finally have in a short future a sim footy game that's a pure joy to play, in wich frustrating moments are extremey rare. Konami have "the know how" to do it, it's just about wanting it and dedicate to it.

Last edited:
I think fixing the ball physics and cursor switching/player reaction times will go a long way to improving the game.

I mean the 1-2 passes CAN happen in real life frequently but players lack the fitness or the balls to try it all the time. Only the ability to defend them should be improved - not the ability to perform them.

I don't like getting too much into these arguments about realism etc. In football, anything can happen. Look at that cracker that Stankovic scored against Schalke. We need a game to be able to reproduce any situation that is possible in real life, but without allowing it to happen at our choosing.

i.e. be able to attempt anything - but only succeed if all conditions are perfect.

Some of you who have been following me on Dickspanner :)) will know that i use a pc tweaked gameplay version. For those who dont know Yair is the guy who has done great works with the pc code and i just thought it alarming to see what he found today. FFS Konami!

Ii found a trigger(script)inside the code that say "execute- easy way to score goal" wtf konami what are you doing?

(insert facepalm)

Last edited:
Some of you who have been following me on Dickspanner :)) will know that i use a pc tweaked gameplay version. For those who dont know Yair is the guy who has done great works with the pc code and i just thought it alarming to see what he found today. FFS Konami!

(insert facepalm)

he still wont say how he edits the gameplay...

I found out how he does it, thanks to the much easier and more open to talk to jenky.

it's very confusing, they do it through debugging. I'm going to need a guide on how to do it.

The thing is i was frustrated he didn't share his method in how he changed the gameplay. Since back when i used to patch FIFA (you can still do this with ease now). It was very easy with this tool called big.gui to locate the AI script and modify the gameplay!

There used to be loads 6-7 members who released gameplay patches, and everyone used tot tweak the game to suit them!

If i can get a guide on how to properly debug the scripts and maybe someone could create a tool to make it easier to mod the gameplay. So we can have a choice to play it how you want. Have a discussion on what the best settings are for the type of game you want.

Atm with yair's patches i just have too much control with every player on the ball making it just so easy to dominate matches!

Atm with yair's patches i just have too much control with every player on the ball making it just so easy to dominate matches!

Yes, this is the one downside i find, it kinda takes the individualism away, although with recent patches i have found the ai closing me down quicker so it sort of compensates it a bit. But i agree its a minus for pes officianado,s.

Do you know what jenkys gameplay is like? I have tried it once but with the extra animations it felt a bit rigid again.or is that just me?

Anyone else wish that the "Controlled Shots" where more like FIFA's? I keep forgetting there impossible to score outside the box.

I'm not a fan of that change. Part of what makes 2011 great is the first touch mechanics, and removing that altogether in favor of increased CPU pressure isn't a proper fix.

(insert facepalm)

:SHOCK:

He can't be serious...

Back
Top Bottom