PES 2011 Discussion thread

Here's a goal I scored an hour ago in my Copa Libertadores groups stage, me being Corinthians v Independiente Medellin. It felt so good scoring this as I haven't scored anything like it for so long. Even though it was heading straight at the keeper, it was so powerful he couldn't stand a chance. Sorry about the quality, phone cam.

YouTube - PES 2011 Wii goal powerful shot

Game looks pretty good from that vid to be honest. How are the ball physics on the Wii version? I find it really odd that Konami bring out basically different versions of the game on different formats, but my housemate has a Wii so if the game is more enjoyable than the PS3 etc then it may be worth a look.

On a different note, a similar game to PES6 is the 3DS version. Switch the cam to wide, and it's bascially PES6 in handheld form, which hasn't aged that well but somehow still feels more fun than the more advanced PS3/360 versions. Somehow the ball physics on the handheld version feel better than the console versions, which doesn't make any sense at all.

Game looks pretty good from that vid to be honest. How are the ball physics on the Wii version? I find it really odd that Konami bring out basically different versions of the game on different formats, but my housemate has a Wii so if the game is more enjoyable than the PS3 etc then it may be worth a look.

Ball physics are good imo. Try renting it first mate just in case.

On a different note, a similar game to PES6 is the 3DS version. Switch the cam to wide, and it's bascially PES6 in handheld form, which hasn't aged that well but somehow still feels more fun than the more advanced PS3/360 versions. Somehow the ball physics on the handheld version feel better than the console versions, which doesn't make any sense at all.

Not a fan of the 3ds version I must admit, just feels too constrained and a bit too fast and clunky.

But if you never played the wii version I can see why you would like it I suppose.

Anyone else annoyed by playing cup games in random stadiums on ML. I am Leeds and the cup game against Blackburn ends up being in the San Siro. Is there a way to change this? I play on PC, is there a tool maybe?

I assign the stadiums my self so that I play at different venues. I use the edited stadiums as well. So that there is variety even if I might visit the same stadiums two or three times.

The problem is that the cup decides to play the game at a random stadium for cup games. Apparently it only happens when its FA cup style cup games (one off) compared to when its like Copa del Rey where it's two legs. Kinda takes away from the experience. :/

So I just ahve a question, When running down the wing with a fast player (like walcott or Ronaldo etc.), whats the best tatic?

Just run by keeping hold of RB
Rapidly tap RB
RB + RT

I have noticed this but I dont really tend to run down the wings as I preffer to pass down the center, but Im gonna give it a go.

Entirely depends on the situation. If you have tons of space ahead of you then you can knock the ball on and sprint a bit faster, you can use tricks up against a full back, play one-two's to get in behind the defence, hit deep crosses, literally anything depending on the situation.

I noticed today that PES2011 is now available on the xbox on-demand service to download for £19.99. I'm kind of tempted even though I already have it on PS3, the graphics are much nicer imo (no jaggies at all) and the game loads so much quicker, I'd imagine even more so when the game is purely on the HDD with no disc.

Anyone else have both versions and notice any differences in graphics, load times etc? Or even in online play?

I've got the original on disc (Xbox 360) but was thinking about possibly getting it downloaded from xbox live. That way I can trade in my disc version or give it to a mate who's only got FIFA but enjoys playing PES. Would be nice to have it load straight from the hard drive also ;)

I install my games to hard drive anyway, to minimise load times/disc damage.

Yeah I install all games to the HDD too.

Decided to buy it and had a few games last night. I have to admit the xbox version somehow just feels 'nicer'. It's the exact same game, but I seem to prefer the controller on the xbox for most games and this is another case in point. The game loads far, far quicker, and graphics are nicer - virtually no jaggies, the goalposts are actually straight, and the lighting and colours are more muted but more realistic. Running the PS3, in the Konami stadium under floodlights just looks a bit odd on the PS3, the pitch glows a strange luminous green that looks odd once you compare it to the lighting in the xbox version. This is odd, I'm not sure why it's different but it is.

The option file may be a little bit of a pain but it'll be worth it. I think I'll put the PS3 version up for sale now, will be able to make back most of the £19.99 I just spent on the xbox version. Just to point out, I'm not starting a PS3 v xbox debate, I like both consoles equally. PS3 exclusives have by far the best graphics, but multi-format games seem to be marginally crisper and better looking on xbox, which is odd. Either way, having both is a win win! :)

And yeah, having no disc to put in the console is rather nice. Calcio, where did you get your option file from and can you upload your own stuff (badges etc) like you can on PS3? I wasn't anticipating that you could, but maybe you can? Frankly I was amazed it was only £19.99 at this stage, on-demand games are usually a rip off (Halo Reach is £49.99 on xbox live!) and there's still plenty of time to play this before the next version comes out.

Last edited:
LTFC - I think mine is the Dragonskin option file from one of the other PES sites. Pretty good! Google it for a download link. I added badges via Xbox camera and pixel paint. Laborious but i wanted the Aussie teams so i had to' make them! lol

You have to love it when against a Division 1 twat with a record of 618-161, you come from 2-0 down in the 75th minute to win 4-2 as PSG against Inter and then you get a barrage of abusive messages :D.

Do many of you guys still play this game (PES 2011)? For me it's lasted really well - I enjoy it almost as much as day one, not many games have that quality - the last football game that lasted me the whole year was PES5!

Last edited by a moderator:
I still play most days Rob. Had just finished watching a movie last night and it was 11.30pm...saw you online and thought we could sneak in a quick game but I was about to play a semi-final in Master League and then decided against our game because I was already going to be running on little sleep for work today haha.

Ended up losing 1-0 to Galatassaray :( I hit the crossbar and missed a couple of other chances.

Whenever you're on though, msg me and we'll have another Australia V Scotland haha

Hey guys - anyone here from Italy? I was wondering if the italian version of the game is compatible on my Xbox in australia. Maybe I can buy PES 11 or 12 from italy...just for the commentary lol

Shot and Stamina Gauge: In addition to the generic power gauge, the shot and stamina metre details the player’s level of fitness. Constantly sprinting will affect the player’s movements and will have an adverse affect on his stats, with passes going awry and a loss of pace.

Did this actually work? I just stumbled on the PES 2011 Wikipedia page and completely forgot about this feature being advertised as a new gameplay concept for Pes 2011.

Nope, it doesn't work.
I turned off the stamina gauge thing almost as soon as I started, as it's offputting in 2v2 games (the gauge can be the same colour as P1's cursor colour when P2 has the ball for example) and the stamina system is broken, making it pointless anyway.

Funny time on the wii version with my ML defaults, won 9, drew 14 lost 10 but somehow made it into semi finals of the Champions League!

Sadly the scripting is even more apparent with these players in certain games, but still hope this team has the chance to make their game on the Wii U!

Anyone know where I can get a copy of this game (PS3), its sold out everywhere.

Thanks Lami, just reserved a copy at Argos.

Been playing become a legend mode, love everything about it apart from the terrible AI, its made me wanna break my controller, my team mates just run out of play for no reason at all, sometimes from the middle of the pitch, they never pass when your in space or call for the ball (plus the button to call for the ball is in a stupid place), when you put your team mates through with a one on one they stop running and let the defence catch them up to get tackled, there first touch is shocking, they never cross when they have the chance, instead they turn back and just completely arse it up, I make great tackles where its obvious that i win the ball clean and get bollocked then i can twat someone and get away with it, Prob the worst AI i have ever seen in a football game, apart from that its great lol

I downloaded it on Friday and played a few games. Scored and conceded some nice goals and my word - the ball physics are great! Where did they go in the final game? Unless it's just a placebo effect...

Back
Top Bottom