PES 2011 Discussion thread

I really wanna know how to do this! :) I've tried using a top player in training and doing R2 turns etc in the opposite direction but he just drags the ball back. Any ideas?

Only a few players are able to do that drible. It's done by turning back and pressing R1 if im not mistaken

well my track record shows 177 hours played... and I'm still seeing new things. Just last game Meireles slide tackled a player just outside his box and tackled the ball into the post. Neat. The goalkeeper later cleared it.

Okay so I was playing against Lyon in ML on Top Player last night, and the AI, using Gorcuff, absolutely skinned me with a bit of skill, sending me entirely the wrong way. I was so impressed I watched the replay, and turns out he was dribbling in one direction then did the famous 'Cruyff turn'. I can't find anything in the game's command list, or the right stick skill modifyers, that does this. Anyone have any idea, or is it like the infamous Villa flick you see in the game's demo that randomly happens?

I really wanna know how to do this! :) I've tried using a top player in training and doing R2 turns etc in the opposite direction but he just drags the ball back. Any ideas?

i think its when players have the speed merchant card they can do the turn

the animation is ther but its disable and to tell you the true i really don't know why they did that

I don't get the 2nd save tbh. He's supposed to jump and catch the ball, not punch it back into play.

the first video, goalkeeper makes a double wonderful save
especially the second save, never saw that in any pes :CONFUSE:
so, they do have animations but they are made stupid on purpose?

In my experiences, it is there. just it very rarely happens. When my GK stands a lil bit to the left of his goalpost, and the ball that is coming to the top left corner, thats the time the animation happen.

By the way for the first GK animation, can someone help me how to describe that in english please. I would love to give feedback in the past, but i don't know the concise way to say it. :P

Last edited:
This might be an area where PES is being too clever for its own good? Yes it's great to play the game and see things that you've never seen before as opposed to FIFA's in your face, see all the tricks in one game mentality. But perhaps some of the nicer shooting animations, keeper animations, turning moves etc should be less strict in terms of when they appear on screen so they can be seen once every 5 games instead of once every 20 or more.

This might be an area where PES is being too clever for its own good? Yes it's great to play the game and see things that you've never seen before as opposed to FIFA's in your face, see all the tricks in one game mentality. But perhaps some of the nicer shooting animations, keeper animations, turning moves etc should be less strict in terms of when they appear on screen so they can be seen once every 5 games instead of once every 20 or more.

you mean more like more variety of contextual based animation from passing, shooting, etc when shielding the ball, under pressure, etc + some moves that is only had by certain player ?

I guess that must be such an achievement that an animator wants to reach finally, no ?

Yeah that kind of thing. Or certain animations that are locked to only certain situations or only to players with 3 stats all above 90, for example. I think they could tone it down a fraction so that you see a little more of the good stuff. Not for every player! But a little less restricted than it currently is.

don't you guys hate the radar in this game? it always messes up the teams colors.. when playing offline you may change it manually.. but when you are playing online it totally screws you up.

same with the freaking referees, almost whatever color my team is.. the freaking ref HAS to wear the same one! :@
and that you cannot change/avoid by any way

Lost a Champions League Exhibition match to the computer last night.

They had 4 shots, 3 of which were on target, and scored 3.

I had 29 shots, 19 of which were on target, and I scored 2.

So 100% of their on target shots were goals.
Just over 10% of my on target shots were goals.

75% of their attempted shots were goals.
About 7% of my attempted shots were goals.

It all seems just a tad fishy to me... :THINK:

I had 3 shots on goal and scored two in my CL Champs League Final on Top Player. The CPU had about 7 shots on target and didnt score any. They missed an open goal and hit the bar from 5 yards out. Make of that what you will.

I had 3 shots on goal and scored two in my CL Champs League Final on Top Player. The CPU had about 7 shots on target and didnt score any. They missed an open goal and hit the bar from 5 yards out. Make of that what you will.
This may help with your point
I was Cordoba
34hxdzb.jpg

anyone can make this ball for pes 2011?
jal2fk.png
if anyone can pls sent me pm :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a quickie with regards the 'Catch-up' bug. I played an MLO game last night, my opponent had Wright-Phillips on the right wing. He turned my SB on the half-way line and just ran. He kept tapping the sprint button and could I hell catch him. My SB is Torosidis, and he isnt slow himself, but the distance between him and SWP remained constant, from the halfway line right till the byline when he whipped in a cross. I cant remember seeing this before, but I remained two yards behind SWP running half the length of the pitch. Interesting.

Back
Top Bottom