PES 2012 Demo 2 Talk

Sorry, but i must say i find the movement of the ball totally unnatural, it doesn´t respond to the real physics of a ball. Anyone who played football notices this. Why? It´s impossible for the ball to describe such a curve going down behind the keeper when it´s kicked while going up from the bounce in the grass. That curve could only be made if you kick the ball in the moment it goes down (before it bounces again). In fact in the PS2 versions of the game you have to practice a lot to get the technique right.

Agreed. As good as the goal looks, when you pay attention to when the player kicks the ball and how the ball physics respond to that, it is unrealistic. The only way to hit it with that amount of dip after it has bounced is a soft chipped shot which the goalkeeper would have caught considering the distance. If you hit the ball as hard as the player did after a bounce, its not coming back down like that.

Lol, you dreamer Gerd. I'm still playing the second demo and getting to grips with it as much as I can before full release in order to get the most out of Pro Evo this year. I like to feel in control in my footy games and PES demo 2 seems to be doing this for me. Repeated and deliberate use of the R2 has been happily demonstrated on these forums. The many tools at our disposal makes this a PES game to be taken seriously.

I would like to know what kind of settings some of you are using. My preference might seem ironic at first as I have all the auto-moves on including "Hard" tackling... My agreeable experience with PES 2008 on the PS2 is behind my choice. Yet I have 0 bars on for passing assistance, a deeply rewarding setting for me, as a full Manual Fifa 11 player. It does seem to me that these auto A.I. moves had surfaced with the advent of the previously mentioned iteration of PES, to the dismay of the community and many hardcore gamers. Game deciding PK's as a result of A.I. slide tackling were made a big deal out of for your personal ML match, but not for me. Four years ago, Seabass felt encouraged by the addition of a then Semi-Fix cursor switch (now rightly edited "Unassisted"), a setting where in offense I can choose when to switch to the receiver of the ball and not automatically assume control of him. This in turn allows me to stay in control of one previous actor on the ball and design some clever off-the-ball runs and movements. Finally, this year the introduction of Active A.I. couple with Teammate Control is a manna from heaven. My preference here is indubitably Maual. In my opinion, PES is catering for the skillful and knowledgeable gamer better than it has before, not just the one who applies the maximum reps. I hope this accessibility will translate into the full game and carry on in future releases yet.

Agreed. As good as the goal looks, when you pay attention to when the player kicks the ball and how the ball physics respond to that, it is unrealistic. The only way to hit it with that amount of dip after it has bounced is a soft chipped shot which the goalkeeper would have caught considering the distance. If you hit the ball as hard as the player did after a bounce, its not coming back down like that.

I think at this point the realistic potential of this goal is a toss-up. As a result it may be debated one way or another. I personally will defend PES for what it does right and that is to enliven football through a video game while still capturing our imagination.

Do not misunderstand me as I appreciate a solid argument against the feasibility of that strike IRL: Ball is too high to hit over with such authority, second flight (after the ball bounces) is still picking up momentum (and spinning conversely), but what the frames don't capture are the exact ball-foot impact, the real time velocity of the ball through the air, and the subtle user input to deliver such an awesome strike, which Proxi thought enough of to share with us.

There is nothing wrong with the physics of Proxi's goal, you need that drop to come over the top with laces to generate that type of severe dip and drop. It was spot on. Imagine placing your finger at the base of a pool ball with your palm open facing up, then stroke your finger up from the bottom of the ball to the top in an aggressive motion. It's that motion that the laces of the boot uses, that's the correct technique. If the balls dropping, that motion then multiplies. That's when you get that severe top-spin, and that's what makes the ball dip so dramatically.

Cheers for the comments on the goal chaps, I feel warm inside, gooey infact. Folk could have entered more posts into this topic about passing levels, hatred for the new defending and the lack of a good curly moustache in Edit Mode. Instead we're close to scientific warfare.

I personally feel the physics are believable. Imagine in a game of tennis, someone sending the ball over to you in such a way that in the goal video, the loose ball heads to Cassetti. Swinging your racquet upwards to hit the ball back just after it's bounced will create the exact effect that Cassetti's thump did for me, luckily. More strength in the swing of your racquet / leg creates more dramatic a drop, faster movement, damper crotch.

Adding to why I said "luckily" for the goal, I had the wife discussing how she was going to "murder someone" if British Telecom don't refund us for "that overcharge" in "the next hour". And she was waving a fork.

Lol, you dreamer Gerd. I'm still playing the second demo and getting to grips with it as much as I can before full release in order to get the most out of Pro Evo this year. I like to feel in control in my footy games and PES demo 2 seems to be doing this for me. Repeated and deliberate use of the R2 has been happily demonstrated on these forums. The many tools at our disposal makes this a PES game to be taken seriously.

I would like to know what kind of settings some of you are using. My preference might seem ironic at first as I have all the auto-moves on including "Hard" tackling... My agreeable experience with PES 2008 on the PS2 is behind my choice. Yet I have 0 bars on for passing assistance, a deeply rewarding setting for me, as a full Manual Fifa 11 player. It does seem to me that these auto A.I. moves had surfaced with the advent of the previously mentioned iteration of PES, to the dismay of the community and many hardcore gamers. Game deciding PK's as a result of A.I. slide tackling were made a big deal out of for your personal ML match, but not for me. Four years ago, Seabass felt encouraged by the addition of a then Semi-Fix cursor switch (now rightly edited "Unassisted"), a setting where in offense I can choose when to switch to the receiver of the ball and not automatically assume control of him. This in turn allows me to stay in control of one previous actor on the ball and design some clever off-the-ball runs and movements. Finally, this year the introduction of Active A.I. couple with Teammate Control is a manna from heaven. My preference here is indubitably Maual. In my opinion, PES is catering for the skillful and knowledgeable gamer better than it has before, not just the one who applies the maximum reps. I hope this accessibility will translate into the full game and carry on in future releases yet.

I tried out unassisted briefly and it was interesting. If you don't change cursor, can you call for the ball from the guy with the ball?

One thing that really takes most of the fun out of it is that 3 of 4 goals just happen by accident. I played quite a lot of games now and 3 out of 4 games are deflected balls, own goals, balls deflectd right one the foot of an attacker deflected freekicks and so on.
So this really annoys me as i'm working hard to create chances and goals just seem to happen.

Another thing is of corse:

kepers
crossings too easy
players with ball faster than without
tackling too hard, which will be annoying against human players as you will have strong players running through the defensive line as we have seen in previous pes games.

so if they fix some of these, the game would be really nice.

oh, yes, and passing accuracy is much to strong. And cpu should build up game a bit more instead of running through and if it doesn't work making the long pass.

One thing that really takes most of the fun out of it is that 3 of 4 goals just happen by accident. I played quite a lot of games now and 3 out of 4 games are deflected balls, own goals, balls deflectd right one the foot of an attacker deflected freekicks and so on.
So this really annoys me as i'm working hard to create chances and goals just seem to happen.

Another thing is of corse:

kepers
crossings too easy
players with ball faster than without
tackling too hard, which will be annoying against human players as you will have strong players running through the defensive line as we have seen in previous pes games.

so if they fix some of these, the game would be really nice.

Many people complain about crosses, its not just me, even review sites as well, look at Gamepro review.

We all need to bombard Konami to fix the defender AI or else pro players (masters at exploiting flaws) will turn online into a cross fest. A very easy exploit to pull off.

Tweet Jon Murphy and email konami. They are going to patch the game more then once, we need to tell me what to do cuz they are brain dead!

Many people complain about crosses, its not just me, even review sites as well, look at Gamepro review.

We all need to bombard Konami to fix the defender AI or else pro players (masters at exploiting flaws) will turn online into a cross fest. A very easy exploit to pull off.

Tweet Jon Murphy and email konami. They are going to patch the game more then once, we need to tell me what to do cuz they are brain dead!

Why dont you tweet it? Don't you have twitter?
I can tweet him about crosses, what do you want me to msg..?

I see it's already been mentioned with videos and all.

Hopefully this will be patched near/on? release since the full game is already in stock

Why dont you tweet it? Don't you have twitter?
I can tweet him about crosses, what do you want me to msg..?

I have tweeted him a few times, but no answer. He must get loads of msgs. A lot of people are needed to get the bald guys attention :))

I see it's already been mentioned with videos and all.

Hopefully this will be patched near/on? release since the full game is already in stock

It's sad the game will release with this exploit, but there will be a day 1 patch and who knows what it will do. After that i guess they will get feedback and give us another patch one day.

People with no internet access are stuck with this though... which really sucks for them. Konami need to get good testers to test their games -_-

Yeah there's a lot of assumption these days by all game makers that most people are online and can get patches to fix their mistakes down the track.

I got a tweet back from Jon Murphy saying the CPU attacks have been adjusted. I hope that translates to more build up play. although I did play a game last night and Tottenham passed it around more than usual.

Crossing is too slow and nowhere near as good as last year. Even shooting is too slow. Physics are better though. And R2 shots still go too straight lol. Come on Konami!

off-late i have been scoring a lot of goals where you get a free-kick, and you place it between the defense line and GK, directed toward the goal. the free-kick misses the defense and my strikers and goes into the net, the GK just stands there. Its like u aim your cross for the corner of the goal, the attackers miss it and its in the back of the net. i know it happens in real football, but i have scored 6 such goals in last 2 days.

off-late i have been scoring a lot of goals where you get a free-kick, and you place it between the defense line and GK, directed toward the goal. the free-kick misses the defense and my strikers and goes into the net, the GK just stands there. Its like u aim your cross for the corner of the goal, the attackers miss it and its in the back of the net. i know it happens in real football, but i have scored 6 such goals in last 2 days.
No kidding, that happened against me when playing the AI 3 games in a row last night. Robben twice, Ribery once. Not happened before at all in the demos, nor have I scored one. Will try your technique tonight though. Would be another thing worth tweeting perhaps.

All in all, I'm enjoying the random events that can happen in this demo. When playing as Roma vs Arsenal, Kieron Gibbs was given two quick-fire yellows following lunges on Pjanic who's red form arrow I was taking full advantage of. Shimmied the patience out of him. They later had van Persie injured. As they were a man down and a goal down to me too, they could only hitting me on the break. In the 85th minute, Walcott gets in the box and brushes off Burdisso, getting a pen awarded. Gervinho, their sole striker, stepped up to take it and hit the underside of the bar and it bounced around a yard in front of goal. Stekelenburg collects, I blast it route one and manage to lift it over the keeper with Osvaldo and in for the kill.

Next game I tried being away at Arsenal, with Roma. Couldn't get a free-kick, surprisingly.

No kidding, that happened against me when playing the AI 3 games in a row last night. Robben twice, Ribery once. Not happened before at all in the demos, nor have I scored one. Will try your technique tonight though. Would be another thing worth tweeting perhaps.

All in all, I'm enjoying the random events that can happen in this demo. When playing as Roma vs Arsenal, Kieron Gibbs was given two quick-fire yellows following lunges on Pjanic who's red form arrow I was taking full advantage of. Shimmied the patience out of him. They later had van Persie injured. As they were a man down and a goal down to me too, they could only hitting me on the break. In the 85th minute, Walcott gets in the box and brushes off Burdisso, getting a pen awarded. Gervinho, their sole striker, stepped up to take it and hit the underside of the bar and it bounced around a yard in front of goal. Stekelenburg collects, I blast it route one and manage to lift it over the keeper with Osvaldo and in for the kill.

Next game I tried being away at Arsenal, with Roma. Couldn't get a free-kick, surprisingly.

its true, we are all in love with these random events that happen in Pes, as you mentioned, that feeling of freedom is always there.

It amazes me how oblivious the people making this game are. Why is it 95% of us can see straight away something that isnt right, yet all the time the developer/s have they dont see it/dont think its an issue??!!
Desperate to return to PES, within 1 hour with demo i see:

-Nets do'nt react correctly to ball
-At the flick of a trigger i should be able to come to stop & put foot on ball
-Grey goalposts!?
-Automatic crossing up to 18 yard box line
-Automatic shooting(Direction)Desperately needs to be semi-assisted & manual option manual passing but no manual shooting!
-When you manually control team-mate then switch to different player he carries on running in the direction he is facing when you switched - i seen players running all the way up to opposing goal & run off pitch!
-players needlessly stumbling
-ball physics - dont feel right, ball can curl when it is trickling into goal with little power-not possible!
-ball momentum (near touchlines) - keep rolling rolling rolling
-gamespeed

What will it take, a good translator & a gun in seabass's mouth

Back
Top Bottom